Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

dorrans

Postby cockney hammer on Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Image


West Ham step up chase for Graham Dorrans with £5m bid for West Brom midfielder



West Ham are preparing to make an improved bid of £5m for West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans - despite Albion valuing him at £10m.

West Ham are prepared to hand the 22-year-old a four-year £30,000-a-week deal, which they hope will turn the player's head.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0n0ENsVF9
User avatar
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
 
Posts: 102706
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:52 pm
Location: http://boleynbadges.com

Re: dorrans

Postby LongShot on Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Glad were giving it another shot. I doubt the extra million will help though. Maybe we could chuck one of ours into the equation? Spector or Dyer maybe???? :lol:

Good idea telling him how much he'd be getting, he's probably on a pittance at the moment. Somebody check football manager....
User avatar
LongShot
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: dorrans

Postby WHamZam on Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I hope this means we will have the new manager ready to be unveiled soon.
User avatar
WHamZam
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Tønsberg, Norway

Re: dorrans

Postby LongShot on Tue May 04, 2010 11:47 pm

WHamZam wrote:I hope this means we will have the new manager ready to be unveiled soon.


Edit: We'll know on Monday....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-Exclusive-Gianfranco-Zola-facing-sack-24-hours-after-season-ends-article415159.html

Image
Last edited by LongShot on Tue May 04, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LongShot
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: dorrans

Postby fjthegrey on Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 pm

LONGSHOT wrote:Good idea telling him how much he'd be getting, he's probably on a pittance at the moment. Somebody check football manager....


12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.
User avatar
fjthegrey
 
Posts: 17952
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Once More Unto The Cheese

Re: dorrans

Postby LongShot on Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 am

12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.


I've always wondered whether those figures are legit, or how even they acquire those numbers. I personally think that we should be told outright how much each of our players is paid. After all it is us paying their wages.
Last edited by LongShot on Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LongShot
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: dorrans

Postby WHamZam on Wed May 05, 2010 12:11 am



I wish they could save it for Friday so I won`t have to work with a big hangover the next day :oops:
User avatar
WHamZam
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Tønsberg, Norway

Re: dorrans

Postby Chelmo Hammer on Wed May 05, 2010 12:43 am

fjthegrey wrote:12k a week, so certainly not a pittance. His stats aren't disimlar to Noble's though.


If FM is anything to go by they'll be offering him to us at a princely sum of £13 Million when they get relegated in 2011 :wink:
User avatar
Chelmo Hammer
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:30 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Re: dorrans

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed May 05, 2010 12:44 am

LONGSHOT wrote:I've always wondered whether those figures are legit, or how even they acquire those numbers. I personally think that we should be told outright how much each of our players is paid. After all it is us paying their wages.


No it isn't us, it's West Ham United.

Because you spend money at Argos, or wherever, does this mean you have the right to know how much their employees are earning?
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
 
Posts: 53955
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:43 am
Location: The Ambassador of Quan

Re: dorrans

Postby mushy on Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:No it isn't us, it's West Ham United.

Because you spend money at Argos, or wherever, does this mean you have the right to know how much their employees are earning?

RARS

You are not seriously saying that supporting a football team with passion and blind love is the same as shopping are you?
You can take or leave Argos/Tesco/Boots but you have a bond with the team you support.
The comparison is unfair.
This does not mean I agree that fans should know the ins and outs of players contracts, just that your reasons for not knowing them are piss poor.
Spending money at Argos Indeed!
mushy
 
Posts: 11760
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: dorrans

Postby Croydon on Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 am

RARS is right, it's not different at all.
User avatar
Croydon
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: Wapping

Re: dorrans

Postby mushy on Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am

Croydon wrote:RARS is right, it's not different at all.


Really? You cant see the difference between shopping at Argos and supporting a team?
Oh dear.
One is for buying a commodity and one is the love of your life.
maybe not in your case?
mushy
 
Posts: 11760
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: dorrans

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 am

Makes no ends at all, what passion you have for the club.

You loving, having a passion for, or supporting a club makes no ends, regardless of how 'entitled' you feel you are to know information.

You are a paying customer of a business.

If I devoted my love and time to going to away shopping trips at Argos in Harrogate, Blackpool and Cheam, would I then be deemed more passionate, thus earning more right to know what their employees earned?
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
 
Posts: 53955
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:43 am
Location: The Ambassador of Quan

Re: dorrans

Postby mushy on Wed May 05, 2010 1:12 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Makes no ends at all, what passion you have for the club.

You loving, having a passion for, or supporting a club makes no ends, regardless of how 'entitled' you feel you are to know information.

You are a paying customer of a business.

If I devoted my love and time to going to away shopping trips at Argos in Harrogate, Blackpool and Cheam, would I then be deemed more passionate, thus earning more right to know what their employees earned?

No not at all, and not once have I said that i am entitled to anything, read my post.
The old adage that supporting a club is the same as shopping at tescos is nonsense in my opinion.
One most people can live without and the other most people cant.
Its not a business for most fans, clubs are ultimately run a bit like one but you would not get people running around in tesco shirts just because their chickens are nice, or would you?
mushy
 
Posts: 11760
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: dorrans

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed May 05, 2010 1:17 am

What the **** are you going on about? :lol:

Did I say supporting a club was the same as shopping at Tesco/Argos?

All I said, was that we have as much right to know what West Ham are paying their employees, as what we do Argos paying theirs.

LONGSHOT suggested we should 'know what our players are earning, because we pay their wages.'.

I disagreed by citing that it isn't us paying their wages, because it is West Ham United - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are paying customers of said business.

Then I drew the parallel of Argos - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are the paying customers of said business.

I don't see where the issue is. :?

For someone calling my views piss poor and suggesting I 'read your post', you ain't half missing the point.
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
 
Posts: 53955
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:43 am
Location: The Ambassador of Quan

Re: dorrans

Postby mushy on Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:What the f*** are you going on about? :lol:

Did I say supporting a club was the same as shopping at Tesco/Argos?

All I said, was that we have as much right to know what West Ham are paying their employees, as what we do Argos paying theirs.

LONGSHOT suggested we should 'know what our players are earning, because we pay their wages.'.

I disagreed by citing that it isn't us paying their wages, because it is West Ham United - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are paying customers of said business.

Then I drew the parallel of Argos - the business - paying their employees' wages.
And we are the paying customers of said business.

I don't see where the issue is. :?

For someone calling my views piss poor and suggesting I 'read your post', you ain't half missing the point.

And there is me thinking it was you missing the point!
Like the point that I never once said that we had a right to know players contracts, anyway the argos parallel is nonsense (my opinion) and I am off to bed. ner ner ner ner ner....
mushy
 
Posts: 11760
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: dorrans

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed May 05, 2010 1:31 am

I never said you did. :lol:

I'm going for a ****...
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
 
Posts: 53955
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:43 am
Location: The Ambassador of Quan

Re: dorrans

Postby Croydon on Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 am

Errrr I shop at Argos for 90 mins each week and for the rest of my time I wish I was!
User avatar
Croydon
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: Wapping

Re: dorrans

Postby Yea Why Not on Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 am

This Argos vs West Ham argument is so ****ing gay
User avatar
Yea Why Not
 
Posts: 16762
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: dorrans

Postby szola on Wed May 05, 2010 7:41 am

Argos is a very nice historic city in Greece. Visited the place ages ago, with my parents. The Mycenae site is close by, and well worth a trip. Maybe this should be in the road forum?

Back to topic.
cockney hammer wrote:West Ham are prepared to hand the 22-year-old a four-year £30,000-a-week deal, which they hope will turn the player's head.

Guess we will be seeing this more often, now with the Davids in charge. I trust that they will not spend too much on wages though. So far their signings have made financial sense, bar Benni.
User avatar
szola
 
Posts: 11585
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bumblebee is back

Next

Return to KUMB Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests