Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Irrons on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:21 pm

On paper you are right - its a decent squad. Just don't let Spector and Kovac anywhere near the pitch and we should be ok! :raver:
User avatar
Irrons
 
Posts: 2704
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Irons Man on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:32 pm

saludo de carlitos wrote:Different interview mate. :thup:


ok thanks
Irons Man
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM?

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Irons Man on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:44 pm

If there comes a time when we play 442, I hope he tries Obinna up front rather than Cole and Piq...
Irons Man
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM?

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Irons Man wrote:If there comes a time when we play 442, I hope he tries Obinna up front rather than Cole and Piq...



That'd be 441 then :wink:
User avatar
Johnny Byrne's Boots
 
Posts: 15740
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Hit it, find it, hit it again

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Irons Man on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:
That'd be 441 then :win k:


:lol: I meant with Cole or Piq obviously just for anyone else.
Irons Man
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM?

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:07 am

Chuck D wrote:Ask Martello.

He's got 1800 Diamanti ones with "I HEART Alessandro" on in claret and blue.


How did I miss this?

I actually traded 400 of them for 1 diamond encrusted Diamanti bed set.

Should retire the number 32 shirt immediately.
User avatar
il_martello_di_genovesi
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: genova è solo blucerchiata.

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Chuck D on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 am

If they retire it, it will get through as much work as it did last season....
User avatar
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause
 
Posts: 13634
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Fishing

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:27 am

Chuck D wrote:If they retire it, it will get through as much work as it did last season....


In which, apart from the number 8, it will be on par with work-rate for every other number?
User avatar
il_martello_di_genovesi
 
Posts: 8774
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: genova è solo blucerchiata.

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Chuck D on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 am

Does it give you flailing arms, and make your legs go like they are made of lead, and wading through concrete?
User avatar
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause
 
Posts: 13634
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Fishing

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby MintChocChip on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:55 am

The interesting thing about this coming season is that we have a decent (if not spectacular) squad and we have a decent (if not spectacular) manager, and crucially, there isn't the off field craziness that we've had for the past few seasons. Ok, we're still in debt, the banks are involved, etc, but we're basically stable to the point that I feel Grant and the players should not be able to use off field instability as an excuse for poor performance.

Grant should surely be able to get...

a solid defence out of:
Upson, Ben Haim, Gabbidon, Jacobsen, Ilunga, Da Costa, Reid, Spector

a versatile midfield out of:
Parker, Hitzlsperger, Noble, Dyer, Behrami, Collison, Faubert, Boa Morte, Kovac

A quick and strong attack out of:
Cole, Barrera, Obinna, Piquionne, McCarthy, Hines

This squad has enough about it that for me, it really is now down to Grant to get these players performing well. And unlike with Zola, I actually expect him to do so.
User avatar
MintChocChip
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Headtheball on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 am

Well said, Minty. :thup:
Let's hope Avram can get it together ASAP, before the 'first manager sacked' vultures start to hover.
User avatar
Headtheball
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:22 pm
Location: In exile - Newport, South Wales

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby lewis100985 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 am

MintChocChip wrote:The interesting thing about this coming season is that we have a decent (if not spectacular) squad and we have a decent (if not spectacular) manager, and crucially, there isn't the off field craziness that we've had for the past few seasons. Ok, we're still in debt, the banks are involved, etc, but we're basically stable to the point that I feel Grant and the players should not be able to use off field instability as an excuse for poor performance.

Grant should surely be able to get...

a solid defence out of:
Upson, Ben Haim, Gabbidon, Jacobsen, Ilunga, Da Costa, Reid, Spector

a versatile midfield out of:
Parker, Hitzlsperger, Noble, Dyer, Behrami, Collison, Faubert, Boa Morte, Kovac

A quick and strong attack out of:
Cole, Barrera, Obinna, Piquionne, McCarthy, Hines

This squad has enough about it that for me, it really is now down to Grant to get these players performing well. And unlike with Zola, I actually expect him to do so.


I agree with all you say.......we just have not got a goal scorer Headbanger that worries me!!

Still, COYI
User avatar
lewis100985
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: Suffolk - UP on match days!

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby travisbickle on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 am

travisbickle
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Ted Fenton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 am


"15-goals-a-season striker to his squad, such as Yakubu." How could Everton even consider parting with such a goal-scorer?
User avatar
Ted Fenton
 
Posts: 3775
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:28 am
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 am

Ted

How perceptive . :thup:
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 35938
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Whining is what we are here for

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby warp on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:58 am

lewis100985 wrote:I agree with all you say.......we just have not got a goal scorer Headbanger that worries me!!

Still, COYI



if you play well, you're gonna score goals.

if we play like the second half of last season an the first two away matches of this, we'd have troubles in scoring even if we had ibrahimovic.

plus, carlton cole played 30 games last season and scored 10. is one goal every three matches, there's not many players willing to come to west ham and cheap enough that can do better than that.

again, if we'll find a good way of playing, goals will come.
User avatar
warp
 
Posts: 11277
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 am
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby travisbickle on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Ted Fenton wrote:How could Everton even consider parting with such a goal-scorer?


Not only that, it seems the Piq scored 5 in 34 games!! The guy is 31, and people complain about Cole, 26, who scored one in 3 games last season.

Also, why the f**k did we spend money on Reid (a gamble) when that cash could have gone to get the Yak? We've got about 400 centre backs now
travisbickle
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Dan1326 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Ted Fenton wrote:How could Everton even consider parting with such a goal-scorer?


Not only that, it seems the Piq scored 5 in 34 games!! The guy is 31, and people complain about Cole, 26, who scored one in 3 games last season.
travisbickle wrote:
Also, why the f**k did we spend money on Reid (a gamble) when that cash could have gone to get the Yak? We've got about 400 centre backs now


But none of them any good
User avatar
Dan1326
 
Posts: 7870
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby straco69 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 pm

seeing as Jacobson has been signed I assume grant is going to start him and then Reid at centre back to provide some much needed pace and strength, thoughts anyone?
straco69
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Postby Irons Man on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 pm

travisbickle wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/01/west-ham-yakubu-ayegbeni-marc-wilson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

didn't see this posted anywhere


They say £3m would have got Wilson. But didnt they turn down £3m from WBA earlier in the summer?

Pompey needed players almost as much as they needed the money! Stokes offer was great for them. 2 solid championship players.
Irons Man
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM?

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests