Transfer Window: January 2011

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

vind

Re: January 2011 Transfer rumour thread

Post by vind »

Anyone know who our scouts are nowadays?

I heard in the summer we were relying on Barry Silkman, I would hope we had a good group of scouts tbh
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

McCartney has been on a few short term loans to leeds from sunderland...

sure he's not the most exciting option, but to get him on loan until the end of the season if possible wouldn't be a terrible option. It would at least provide some real competition for lb
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Bolton might have one or two that would be of interest.

They lost £35 million last year- and wages are 86% of turnover. Chairman has admitted that they might need to sell-and that they have 9 players going out of contract imminently.

Cahill will be available - very probably beyond our means - but likely to trigger sales elsewhere (Spurs?)

Ricardo Gardner is one of those available on a virtual free, as well as Steinsson and JLloyd Samuel.

Steinsson to RB with Jacobsen to LB anybody? Gardner always seemed ok to me.
UptonHammer

Post by UptonHammer »

http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=220972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel Aviv striker revealed, sadly everton are favourites for him
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Highly-rated defender Kristijan Ipsa has claimed he is attracting interest from West Ham.

The 24-year-old right-back has earned rave reviews for his performances for Danish side FC Midtjylland over the past couple of years and claims the Hammers are keen to strike a deal.

However, the Croatian accepts he would be unable to obtain a work permit at the current time because he has never played at senior international level.

Ipsa is therefore prepared to take on a new nationality with Slovenia, who unlike Croatia are members of the European Union.

Such a move would increase the chances of Ipsa joining Avram Grant's side, while he would also like to play for Slovenia.

"Because I haven't played any games for the Croatian senior team and because I'm not an EU citizen, my transfer to West Ham United wasn't completed," the former Energie Cottbus player told Nogomania.

"That is why I'm thinking about becoming a Slovenian citizen. Slovenia is my second home, my grandmother is from Slovenia and I regularly visit this country.

"A few years ago I didn't get a new passport, but now I am again working towards this goal and things are looking pretty good.

"Would I also like to play for Slovenia? Why not. I was never called to the Croatian national team even though I was captain of the Under-21 team.

"But let's not talk too much about this. If I do get Slovenian citizenship, then I could start to think about playing for Slovenia, but the doors to the Croatian national team are obviously closed for me."
Let's hope he goes as well as Reid has so far :shock:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

bubbles1966 wrote:Bolton might have one or two that would be of interest.

They lost £35 million last year- and wages are 86% of turnover. Chairman has admitted that they might need to sell-and that they have 9 players going out of contract imminently.

Cahill will be available - very probably beyond our means - but likely to trigger sales elsewhere (Sp*rs?)

Ricardo Gardner is one of those available on a virtual free, as well as Steinsson and JLloyd Samuel.

Way beyond our means, unfortunately. Fantastic player IMO
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

BVB is flying high in the Bundesliga. They have a very good midfielder, Hajnal, who after a good season last year has now been left out by the manager. We could loan him in Jan. Small player, but quick, and a very good passer. A fresher Eyal.
aaronwhufc

Post by aaronwhufc »

It seems Bendtners told AW that he either plays or he leaves.

Whilst again I doubt we get him, he's the sort of player we need.

Another thing that really ****'s me off is when we buy players from abroad. They need time to settle and in the end the english game might just be too much for them. Buy from the lower divisions like we did with Deano and we could get a gem that'll be good from the word go!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1786 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I see on the Beeb gossip today that 'Boro will listen to offers from Prem clubs for David Wheater.

He's exactly what we need to replace Upson. A no-nonsense CB who can head the ball. Perfect.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Bolton might have one or two that would be of interest.

Cahill will be available - very probably beyond our means - but likely to trigger sales elsewhere (Sp*rs?)

player I would most like from bolton would be Lee. fantastically talented player who can play wide on both sides and it still only 21 or 22.

cheap scandinavian left back a la jacobsen, wheater from boro, chopra from cardiff and lee from bolton with behrami, ilunga, and faubert out the door would be a realistically great transfer window imo...if i really wanted to push my luck I'd add spector out the door and juarez in from celtic..... :wink:
Supersoulfighter
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Supersoulfighter »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I see on the Beeb gossip today that 'Boro will listen to offers from Prem clubs for David Wheater.

He's exactly what we need to replace Upson. A no-nonsense CB who can head the ball. Perfect.
Would fit the bill perfectly. Obviously he'd probably prefer to go to a club not in relegation trouble considering he's suffered that before, but he's still with Boro so that kind of suggests he doesn't shirk a challenge. It'd probably come down to what competition we'd face in getting him. Newcastle? Stoke? Wigan? Sunderland also have an unhealthy obsession with buying centre backs...
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

IIIronss wrote:Selling two of your better players when you are bottom of the table is always a good idea.
-
At this point in time, I wouldn't say they are two of our better players to be honest...so 18 mill I'd be tearing Liverpools arms off and putting that towards getting Robbie Keane till the end of the season and a left back.
BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

hammer1975 wrote:cheap scandinavian left back a la jacobsen
We've been linked to this one before, plus he's played with Jacobsen before. A possiblility perhaps?

EDIT: just done a bit more digging, he's out of contract in the summer, if FC Copenhagen want money for him they have to do a deal in January....
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Oops - just realised it was a rumour thread NOT a wishlist..... :oops:
Last edited by Believer on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

We are desperate for a Berkovic, Kitson and Hartson.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

saludo de carlitos wrote:We are desperate for a Berkovic, Kitson and Hartson.
We'd kill for a left back like Dicks, too!

LB & someone to score goals, someone fairly proven, like Keane, Carew or Yakubu would be a great shout, IMO. I'd usually totally agree with those saying it would be better if we bought & built from the lower leagues, but we're going to be desperate for points & goals in January - Someone like Chopra isn't a cert to do that in the premier league.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

We could probably do with a left winger as well. Someone who can provide a bit more than just work rate or pace. I'll send Adam Johnson a text and see whether he fancies a proper challenge.

I reckon Glen Johnson might be available on loan in January as well. We could do far worse. Bendtner another.

Definitely hope we sign a few championship up and comers though.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I see on the Beeb gossip today that 'Boro will listen to offers from Prem clubs for David Wheater.

He has been garbage for the last year or so and most Boro fans would laugh if we signed him. No thanks.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

aaronwhufc wrote:It seems Bendtners told AW that he either plays or he leaves.

Whilst again I doubt we get him, he's the sort of player we need.

Another thing that really f***s me off is when we buy players from abroad. They need time to settle and in the end the english game might just be too much for them. Buy from the lower divisions like we did with Deano and we could get a gem that'll be good from the word go!
I cant see Bendtner leaving, hes looked sharp this season when hes played. He didnt look like he was going to be at Arsenal for long but maybe its becoming clear why Wenger has stuck by him.

But of course, if he was to leave, as you said, i seriously doubt we would get him.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

fjthegrey wrote:We could probably do with a left winger as well. Someone who can provide a bit more than just work rate or pace. I'll send Adam Johnson a text and see whether he fancies a proper challenge.

I reckon Glen Johnson might be available on loan in January as well. We could do far worse. Bendtner another.

Definitely hope we sign a few championship up and comers though.
Would love that to happen. Unfortunately he's a Chelsea boy, and he'll have a million offers from everywhere.