Transfer Window: January-Summer 2011

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

gpjersey

Re: Tevez hands in transfer request at City (Whufc-ish)

Post by gpjersey »

Dyer's Leg wrote:It. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.
But until it hasn't

It might.

That's what the forum is about, hopes and dreams.

Come back tevez
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Tevez said: On West ham.

"Their supporters feel football — they are passionate, these people invested great support in me.

"I wish to play again for West Ham before I finish my career. I have some unfinished business there.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... t-Ham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

gpjersey wrote:It might.
It won't. I will rub half a dozen of vmixture's chillies in my eyes and b*llocks and post the resulting agony on youtube if he does.
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Dyer's Leg wrote:
It won't. I will rub half a dozen of vmixture's chillies in my eyes and b***ocks and post the resulting agony on youtube if he does.
You are only saying that because youtube don't allow X rated clips! :lol:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I will find some hosting site that would accept it, don't you worry :lol:
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

tailwhip2000 wrote:apparently he is currently earning £286,000 a week TAX FREE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 280256.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, although 30 seconds later he puts Gareth Bale on par with Messi so I wouldn't take much notice of him. :lol:
gavind
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gavind »

i can see it now....

king carlos returns.... keeps us up, and scores the winner in the carling cup final!!!

(ps he is not cup tied) :raver:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

the pink palermo wrote:Thing is Jim , can you afford to have players that are disaffected just saying let me go........if Tevez does it, and goes cut price , next up will be Adebayor, Bridge, Lescott , Ballotelli , Given.......

It's not the financial cost , it's the credibility of the clubs Management .
Adebayor doesn't feature in Mancini's tactics, Bridge has been all over the place since day one, Lescott can't get in to the first team, Balotelli has barely been here (so I'm not sure what that point is about) and Given is too good to be on the bench. We do rotate to a certain extent. There's European matches and then the FA Cup coming up. Suspensions and bookings etc.

If it's true that Tevez did want out last summer and was awarded the Captaincy to keep him happy then he can leave. The Lad can still barely speak English so I've questioned his commitment from day one.

No Player is bigger than City.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

If we get Tevez back, and we still get relegated, can we go to Sheff Utd and ask for our money back? We could claim he was not the only reason we stayed up last time.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Apart from Benni McCarthy, there are rumours that he has put on so much weight he has his own post code.
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

He might!! They might loan him out to us

Stupider things have happend. Who wouldve thought Bellamy would be at Cardiff?! Yeah thats where hes family is. Still couldnt believe it though
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Adebayor doesn't feature in Mancini's tactics, Bridge has been all over the place since day one, Lescott can't get in to the first team, Balotelli has barely been here (so I'm not sure what that point is about) and Given is too good to be on the bench. We do rotate to a certain extent.
If it's true that Tevez did want out last summer and was awarded the Captaincy to keep him happy then he can leave. The Lad can still barely speak English so I've questioned his commitment from day one.

Thats my point Jim .

Thats why you shouldn't sell him as it gives every two bob player an excuse to say they want away .They have the security of a contract , but won't honour it .

I thought it was indicitive of where your fans loyalties are on Saturday - a strong singing of Mancini's name in support , so your stance doesn't suprise me at all in terms of nobody being bigger than the club , but that is precisely the reason why Tevez has to be held to his contract .

He has 3 and 1/2 years left on his deal .The sheikh should make him honour it .In the reserves .
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Dear Santa,

I have been almost nearly a good boy for some of this year....................please :cry:
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

tailwhip2000 wrote:apparently he is currently earning £286,000 a week TAX FREE :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 280256.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It makes sense, Man City would have paid him whatever it took to get one over on Man Utd and sign him.
I'm sure money was no object.

The last time he was happy was at West Ham, shame... Hopefully he'll find somewhere else he can be. Sounds like he'd have to go back home though if his family are there.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Tevez will never be 'happy'. It's not about happiness. It's just about his megalomaniac agents shifting him back and forth until eventually they've rinsed him for every penny he's worth. Yes, he's getting a good deal out of it as he's earning a fortune. But I would imagine the advice he gets from his 'people' is all in their interests over his.

He loves playing football and you can see that wherever he plays. Anyone that thinks there was any chance of him staying at West Ham longer than he did is barking up the wrong tree entirely, those thinking his career path may take him back to West Ham are even more deluded.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

£286k a week........tax free.

Jeez.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Two snippets from today's BBC football gossip.
City claim that Tevez's outrageous financial demands of £300,000-a-week are behind the rift between the player and club officials.
Full story: the Times (subscription only)
Striker Tevez is furious with City for portraying him as a money-grabbing mercenary in the wake of his transfer request. The Argentine has apparently turned down a one-off payment of £2.5m to stay at Eastlands.
Full story: Daily Star
The sooner the festering sore that is the Premier League collapses in on itself the better. Then football fans can once again relate to the game they love.
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

tailwhip2000 wrote:apparently he is currently earning £286,000 a week TAX FREE :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 280256.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pffft. I don't get out of bed for less than £300k
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

tailwhip2000 wrote:apparently he is currently earning £286,000 a week TAX FREE

:lol:

That's a few hundred thou shy of £15M p/a.

The whole world's gone mad.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

GideaParkHammer wrote:
Apart from Benni McCarthy, there are rumours that he has put on so much weight he has his own post code.
Post code? He's so large, he has a personal collection of moons orbiting him.