Manager XIV: Allardyce Confirmed

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

My first choice to replace Avram Grant from the candidates below is:

Martin O'Neill
36%
Chris Hughton
14%
Sam Allardyce
22%
Tony Carr
17%
Alan Curbishley
11%

Total votes: 1121

WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Re: Manager XIV: Allardyce Confirmed

Post by WCpete »

Fine. Let's get on with it. There's a **** load of work to do.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I voted for Hughton on both polls, and posted a couple of less than complimentary comments here regarding our new manager, but now he's got the job I'm fully behind him. I listened to the Talkshite interview and was impressed. I like what he had to say about avoiding injuries, nutrition, psychology and the like. I also like the way he laughed accusations of being 'Long Ball Sam'.

There's nothing I'd like better than to be proved completely wrong.
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

Can't say that I was over the moon to hear he was going to be appointed the other day but I'm warming to him. Certainly made all the right noises so far. He deserves a fair crack now imo and I hope we'll all give him some time to get it right and not expect success to happen overnight.

Good luck Sam. :thup:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Don't like the decision. Don't like him. But f*** it, may as well suck it up and see what happens.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

My thoughts exactly scaloni
swehammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by swehammer »

I'm happy with the appointment, considering what the outcome could have been. He was my no1 choice when the appointed Cappelo as England coach! :thup:
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

SSN @ 7pm ..... Natalie Sawyer says "And now for the big football news of the day - Sam Alladyce is the new West Ham manager!" ....... championship club and we're still bigger than FIFA 8-)
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

Welcome BFS, I never thought I would say that back in 2003, but I'm fully behind the big man.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

been up at the ground today for the frankie mc tournament. Everyone Ive spoken to is behind him, a few obvious reservations however there's a glimmer of confidence and "lets get on with it"..

Reality is, two seasons on the trot we've won less than 16 games in the prem-out of 74, thats tragic. The bigger issue is that we may be in more trouble than BFS knows.. we need a new keeper, a right back and left back, and a centre half; we need one or two centre midfielders, at least one winger, and maybe two strikers...so nearly a new team- and these aren't as back-up these are for positions for which we have no first team options once the the transfer window is over ( Green, Upson, Bridge, Parker, Hitz, Ba, Cole gone..)..
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

jay66uk wrote: Since the late sixties/early seventies they didn't bring us a whole lot of success, let alone recently. Tbh, though, our "home grown" label hasn't been too accurate for a long time.

I'm disappointed we've got "Big" Sam. I hope it will be a successful era and that promotion will come quickly. I fear this may be at the expense of entertaining football. (Though, tbh again, this has been sorely lacking on your average week most of the time.) I like to be entertained and I would trade mid-table mediocrity for enjoyable matches.

I also fear he will sign a load of has-been or won't-be players. There's a difficult balance to be struck when building a team to get you back into the Premiership. I fear we'll take a few attempts again.
Jay! Our? We? What happened?!
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

w4hammer wrote:been up at the ground today for the frankie mc tournament. Everyone Ive spoken to is behind him, a few obvious reservations however there's a glimmer of confidence and "lets get on with it"..

Reality is, two seasons on the trot we've won less than 16 games in the prem-out of 74, thats tragic. The bigger issue is that we may be in more trouble than BFS knows.. we need a new keeper, a right back and left back, and a centre half; we need one or two centre midfielders, at least one winger, and maybe two strikers...so nearly a new team- and these aren't as back-up these are for positions for which we have no first team options once the the transfer window is over ( Green, Upson, Bridge, Parker, Hitz, Ba, Cole gone..)..
i think sam is fully aware of the situation he has inherited and is already drawing up the way he is going to deal with it. he is certainly no fool! :crest:
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

At least we are not going to be blowing out of our arses with 1/2 hr left or 2-3 down in the first 1/2 hr to avoid the former. Also like the fact that nobody will be leaving on the cheap, exhibit A; the pilsbury doughboys transfer to us where we got played like an old stradavarius (sp). Whether he can play an expansive game or not is another matter but have we played consistently good football since Hairy Pissflap?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

YES YES ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :raver:

This is mine. any of you ****ers use it, I'm coming round to rape your hamster.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

RARS you might want to block out the Blackburn badge in the background just above his right ear.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:Don't like the decision. Don't like him. But f*** it, may as well suck it up and see what happens.
Feel exactly the same.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Hammer83 wrote:RARS you might want to block out the Blackburn badge in the background just above his right ear.
Eh?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Eh?
Got to love a poster that wholeheartedly supports a Manager before a ball is kicked .

The house of pain beckons methinks . :lol:
claret and bobby

Post by claret and bobby »

Relieved it's been confirmed. If he had turned us down I was seriously worried about who else we would end up with. He was the best man for the job at this moment in time so get in there!

Welcome Sam :crest:
Hammer83

Post by Hammer83 »

Hammer83 wrote:RARS you might want to block out the Blackburn badge in the background just above his right ear.
That was a quick change how many bfs pics have you got saved? :lol:
Hammer83

Post by Hammer83 »

the pink palermo wrote:Got to love a poster that wholeheartedly supports a Manager before a ball is kicked .

The house of pain beckons methinks
I voted for bfs and have said on a few threads what a good appointment he is by the board. :thup: