Manager XIV: Allardyce Confirmed

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

My first choice to replace Avram Grant from the candidates below is:

Martin O'Neill
36%
Chris Hughton
14%
Sam Allardyce
22%
Tony Carr
17%
Alan Curbishley
11%

Total votes: 1121

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Manager XIV: Allardyce Confirmed

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

PP

I have wanted Allardyce here for about 18 months.
I became more vocal about it in December.
I think he will be a good manager for us and will be one of the best decisions this club has made in years.

He's now our manager, of course I support him.

It would be utterly stupid not to.
Samassi Abou
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samassi Abou »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:PP

I have wanted Allardyce here for about 18 months.
I became more vocal about it in December.
I think he will be a good manager for us and will be one of the best decisions this club has made in years.

He's now our manager, of course I support him.

It would be utterly stupid not to.
As far as I am concerned BFS is just as good as Harry Rednkapp. Absolutely top class appointment!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

RARS

I actually am doffing my cap with my comments .

I really do love it when somone supports our Manager through thick and thin from the off - or even before the off :thup:

It's just a hard road to tread when things go wrong...........

Personally , I think we'll storm the division, return as Champions and he will lead us into the CL, FA cup glory and happiness all around .Most fans I know just want to see the team win .Travelling home and away as I do is so ****ing depressing watching defeat after mind and spirit crushing defeat - I want to turn up at service stations , proud to have just bossed Docaster 2-0 .Lol thing .

After one really good year, he will be throwing his hat in the ring for the England job next summer - a job at which I think he would excel .I bet he has a release clause .
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I'm pleased. The board have moved quickly which is what we needed. He has the whole summer to start the clear out. Will be very interesting to see what players we sign.
Upton Larks

Post by Upton Larks »

the pink palermo wrote:RARS

I really do love it when somone supports our Manager through thick and thin from the off - or even before the off :thup:

Personally , I think we'll storm the division, return as Champions and he will lead us into the CL, FA cup glory and happiness all around .Most fans I know just want to see the team win .Travelling home and away as I do is so f***ing depressing watching defeat after mind and spirit crushing defeat - I want to turn up at service stations , proud to have just bossed Docaster 2-0 .Lol thing .

After one really good year, he will be throwing his hat in the ring for the England job next summer - a job at which I think he would excel .I bet he has a release clause .
Getting ahead of yourself a bit there PP, but for those of us in the premature game ... I forsee the 2yr contract as a deliberate and necessary move by the board. Allardyce will be employed to get us promoted at the first attempt, and to stabilise us for the premier league in his 2nd year. The 2nd year of his contract can work in two ways, it will either be the buffer for if the first attempt promotion gig fails, and they'll let him have another chance, or it will have paid off, and he'll be given the opportunity to prove to the footballing world that Sam is back, he has got West Ham promoted, and kept them up. If that happens, then it works for all parties involved, if the England gig is available, he'll be a shoe in for it and it will be win, win for us, as we'll have the Olympic Stadium, Premier League football, and a solid foundation on which to build ... Sam could be the Ted Fenton to our next Ron Greenwood. Setting the cornerstones on which to build passing, entertaining but importantly winning football. If the England job isn't available, then it gives Allardyce the opprtunity to sign a new contract, and to develop his style of play, to prove to all and sundry that Sam Allardyce can have teams playing good football. As I say, its a win, win for all involved.

Of course, he could fail to get us up in year 1 and 2 ... but let's not be silly. that isn't going to happen.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Fat Sam. Whatever next.

I suppose he's the best we could expect to get under the circumstances so I'll be grateful for small mercies.

Very happy it was a fast decision and I want to see him using this time to preside over a massive clear out and then sign us a whole new squad of talented and hungry players who wanna take the Prem by storm.

As for his style of football, I'm sure he'll have us playing like Barcelona by mid season! Just you wait and see, flowing, passing football, 80%+ possession - f*ck, I wouldn't be surprised if Messi wasn't begging to join us by Christmas.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Mark hughes has just quit fulham apparently.

Hughes to villa or chelsea? O neil to fulham surely? :think:
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

I'm a bit suprised Sam said that he thought our facilities are good?
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

riksdodgydeals wrote:I'm a bit suprised Sam said that he thought our facilities are good?
He meant it's better than Bolton.
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

i imagine they prob still have out-houses up there
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

the pink palermo wrote:RARS

Personally , I think we'll storm the division, return as Champions and he will lead us into the CL, FA cup glory and happiness all around .Most fans I know just want to see the team win .Travelling home and away as I do is so f***ing depressing watching defeat after mind and spirit crushing defeat - I want to turn up at service stations , proud to have just bossed Docaster 2-0 .Lol thing .

I hope he's here for a good few years. If he does get poached we'll have to make a move for Tony Pulis.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

So Sam doesnt officially start work with us till the 20th of June?

Are we going to have a press conference, (the sitting at the table malarky with the press asking questions) or is that old hat now?
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

AJ wrote:So Sam doesnt officially start work with us till the 20th of June?

Are we going to have a press conference, (the sitting at the table malarky with the press asking questions) or is that old hat now?

Is that the day Silkman disapears!
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

If Harry gets another top 5 finish there's no other English manager that'll get a look in for the England job, barring the presence of the fraud squad. If BFS does well, he'll be staying. I'm pretty sure the 60,000 seater stadium had a big pull for him, cos, with the right manager it lifts us onto a different plane in club size