The Olympic Stadium: Poll IV

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you support the Board's plans to move WHUFC to the Olympic Stadium post-this summer's games?

Yes
23%
No
60%
Unsure
17%

Total votes: 808

adie

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll IV

Post by adie »

not everyone who applied to join the SAB got in. I for one applied and didn't get in and if there is one there's probably more. When the club announced on it's web site that they intended to form a SAB I contacted the club expresing my interest straight away. Daniel Hall didn't reply till the day before the deadline saying I needed 5 others to back me, not a problem except I didn't read my e-mails till 4 or 5 days after the deadline, so I contacted the club again and explained the situation, Daniel said no problem I could join at a later date when people drop out. They have since invited people from WHU's view to join the SAB, so I have now e-mailed the club 4 times but still no reply. I wonder how many other people have not been accepted ? Well done and fair play to all those who did get on the SAB, it's nice to see some people can be bothered, especially with the apathy some fans show. If any SAB members could ask the club why they are telling people everyone who applied got in when this is not the case ? Cheers Adie
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Another question fo SAB to pass on, one I'd asked Ian Tompkins more than once but he avoided answering it.

What are the sightlines (viewing distances) at the Boleyn Ground E13 and can I come down with tape measure and double check ?
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

The only FACT to be garnered from the recent polls is that fans are FICKLE, it's all just a bit subjective.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

dapablo wrote:The only FACT to be garnered from the recent polls is that fans are FICKLE, it's all just a bit subjective.
Yeah, we should probably have another poll.... a definitive poll to sort this out once and for all*.

*until the next one. :think:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

dapablo wrote:The only FACT to be garnered from the recent polls is that fans are FICKLE, it's all just a bit subjective.
The question has come in at this time because of the drastic changes that have happened since the last poll.

But yeah fickle...Bitch, moan etc
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 798 likes
Total likes: 3009 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

the pink palermo wrote: What major change is that ?

The no vote is up by less than 10% .Seems to me that an awful lot of fans are in the undecided , couldn't care less, let's have a look first camp .

The risk I'm sure the Board will be assessing is the "how many won't go, when push come to shove" factor . The fact of the matter is of those that voted yes to moving to Stratford to block Spurs , relatively few have joined the let's not go there camp .
Do you not believe there have been large changes since the two polls?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote: The no vote is up by less than 10% .Seems to me that an awful lot of fans are in the undecided , couldn't care less, let's have a look first camp .

The risk I'm sure the Board will be assessing is the "how many won't go, when push come to shove" factor . The fact of the matter is of those that voted yes to moving to Stratford to block Spurs , relatively few have joined the let's not go there camp .
I get the feeling that is more likely, alot of people just shug the shoulders and say oh well.

If we move I just think it will be a case of most people giving it a try and seeing if they enjoy it or not.

Playing well in the top half of the PL and it's got a chance, but if not the novelty will wear off.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 426 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Pop Robson wrote:I get the feeling that is more likely, alot of people just shug the shoulders and say oh well.
Bit like voting in a general election. Whats the point?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Denbighammer wrote: Bit like voting in a general election. Whats the point?
If you weren't allowed a vote you might think a bit differently.

See 1936.
Denbighammer

Post by Denbighammer »

Sorry, to confirm I personally always do vote. My point was more that that is peoples perception in terms of complaining about moving.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Denbighammer wrote: My point was more that that is peoples perception in terms of complaining about moving.
In that case I agree Denbigh. Apathy rules.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Just had a reminder from WHUsView that tomorrow is the last day of the consultation. So thought I'd post this on this thread as well as in the OS forum.

OS Viewing Distances with Field of Play Drawing

The figures have been taken and calculated from the Field of Play drawing, which if you look at drawing also shows the 'Football Goal Line'

From the front of the OS South stand to the front of the North Stand is 195.29m. UEFA Football pitch length 105m

195.29m -105m = 90.29m. Thus a viewing distance from the front row of lower tier behind the goals of 45.15m 148 feet

From the front of the OS West stand to the front of the East Stand is 138.77m. UEFA Football pitch width 68m

138.77m – 68m = 70.77m. Thus a viewing distance from the front row of lower tier alongside the pitch of 35.39m 116 feet

Image Click to enlarge
Denbighammer

Post by Denbighammer »

"Right I'm off to watch West Ham at the Olympic Stadium".

Keys? Check
Wallet? Check
Phone? Check
Oyster card? Check
Season ticket? Check
Telescope for viewing the far end of the pitch? Check
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

Pop Robson wrote:From the front of the OS South stand to the front of the North Stand is 195.29m. UEFA Football pitch length 105m

195.29m -105m = 90.29m. Thus a viewing distance from the front row of lower tier behind the goals of 45.15m 148 feet
So the goal at the other end will be 150.15m from the front row of lower tier behind the goals.

I hope the video screens are good quality.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

.... on the bright side at least it reduces the risk of being hit by one of Collison's shots...

and we wont hurt our necks so much watching the "BFS passing game" !!
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Just heard from someone that we have put our bid in for the OS.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Not really a surprise, but we're going back in for the OS

Press Release

West Ham United Vice-Chairman Karren Brady has today confirmed the club's intention to submit a bid by lunchtime (Friday 23 March) to be the anchor user of the Olympic Stadium post Games in line with the OPLC deadline.

Brady said: "Having spent the last two years dedicated to this project I am privileged to once more be submitting West Ham United’s bid to become the anchor concessionaire of the Olympic Stadium post the 2012 Games. From the outset it has been my firm, unwavering belief that the Stadium can truly become a multi-use destination of which east London and the nation as a whole can be proud. I have never lost sight of our vision to play our part, along with the Stadium's major stakeholders, in ensuring it grows into a global asset, the 'jewel in the crown' of the Park that will be watched by the world.

"Our vision for the Stadium has always been about standing up for the promises made for London back in Singapore in 2005 and what they meant for our future generations. We are honoured to have once more received the support and backing of our friends at UK Athletics.

“I would like to thank the many West Ham supporters who have given their time to share their opinions on our proposed move ahead of this decision and despite the considerable constraints and confidentially agreements we were required to enter into, I can assure them their feedback has been instrumental in informing the Board's approach to our bid. We have not taken this decision lightly and I should be clear that any move to the Stadium is conditional on the fact that it must provide an arena that is fit for world-class football and feels like home to our deserving fans.''

West Ham United's Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold issued a joint statement, adding: "It has now been over two years since we came home to West Ham United and realised our lifelong ambition of running the club we grew up supporting.

"As we have always said, we remain committed to this magnificent Stadium and provided we are able to offer a world-class stadium for football for our prolific, loyal and passionate supporters we believe there is nobody better placed to help deliver the legacy for the East End community than us. "This area – the one from which we both originate - deserves a true and lasting legacy to follow the 2012 Games. It will be a tremendous event that the whole world will be watching and will therefore present a real opportunity to showcase the UK at its best. However, the showcase must not stop there.

"We know that using the Stadium as our home will bring with it huge responsibility, but we are fully committed to making it our home for at least the next 99 years. We will take on with pride the mantle of what that means in terms of giving something back to the community.'
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

clearly the fans opinions mean f*** all
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

westhamnick wrote:clearly the fans opinions mean f*** all
If you believe what we are told, then the discussion at the last SAB meeting, and the post meeting feedback (some 80 pages worth) all led to this decision being taken. I can't really comment on the meeting as I couldn't make it due to having undergone surgery a couple of days before, but IMO they were always going to go back in for it regardless of what the fans said.