The Olympic Stadium: Poll IV

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you support the Board's plans to move WHUFC to the Olympic Stadium post-this summer's games?

Yes
23%
No
60%
Unsure
17%

Total votes: 808

Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll IV

Post by Aceface »

I thought I heard a woman's voice asking something...
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Aceface wrote:I thought I heard a woman's voice asking something...
Wasn't that the sound of a little girl stamping her feet??
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

WestHamIFC wrote:I wonder how people would vote if these plans are indeed true?:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 9#p3353881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:think:

Would probably sway me in favour, tbh..
To start with it says 4 stands will be named after legends, well there aren't any stands, so basically don't believe it
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Richard WHUFC wrote:
To start with it says 4 stands will be named after legends, well there aren't any stands, so basically don't believe it
I don't see how that reason not to believe it adds up TBH, there are two definite ends and two definite sides that could be named just as easily as stands, so all it amounts to is the terminology used
MitchOfficial

Post by MitchOfficial »

I'm an Ambitious person, and I want my club to be. And unless we move away from Upton Park I can’t see us becoming a Great team competing with the best. Also there is no good saying we should extend Upton Park because it’s not possible with the clubs debt. So it’s rather gamble and take a 60 000 capacity stadium that will attract more fans and better players or stay at Upton Park and be an average club, being mid table and having relegation battles now and then???
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

She's into marketing and therefore will gloss any statements, we're not in a court of law everyone knows what she's like.

"Yeah but mum she said", really, the decision is the owners and theirs alone to make.

Self agrandisement doesn't become one, you buy some tickets well done and thank you.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

One thing I find very confusing is the fact that what Clunge describes is, apparently, nothing like what the SAB were shown in mock ups just days before the bid went in.

Now, I don't know exactly what the SAB were shown because there's confidentiality agreements sticking out of everyones' arse (mine included), but what I do know is that they were not shown detailed plans and the graphics differed greatly to what Clunge claims to have seen.

So, he's either a liar or he's breached a confidentiality and the SAB were sold something else. If he is a he of course.

Confused? You will be. It's soap.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

MitchOfficial wrote:I'm an Ambitious person, and I want my club to be. And unless we move away from Upton Park I can’t see us becoming a Great team competing with the best. Also there is no good saying we should extend Upton Park because it’s not possible with the clubs debt. So it’s rather gamble and take a 60 000 capacity stadium that will attract more fans and better players or stay at Upton Park and be an average club, being mid table and having relegation battles now and then???
I was looking at OpenStreetMap earlier comparing transport links - OS, Arsenal, Filth, Boleyn....

It's a no brainer of a decision looking just at accessibility, it would probably be difficult to find somewhere else as well served as the OS
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Retractable Roof :lol: what like the Millennium Stadium ?

That would be a total rebuilt of the Upper Tier to support the weight !!!!!!

This information from clunge came on same day WHU's View where on the news, ideal timed to scupper the their poll.

I reckon Brady is clunge, only one on the board that has one !!
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Er, if its got retractable upper and lower seating and a retractable roof all we need is a retractable pitch and we can just tow the whole f**cking thing around behind David Gold's Rolls-Royce.

I wonder if the Caravan Club would let us join?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Pop Robson wrote:Retractable Roof lol: what like the Millennium Stadium ?

That would be a total rebuilt of the Upper Tier to support the weight !!!!!!
Not necessarily so. The roof was always planned to be extended after the Olympics as part of the conversion. We have no idea what the structural allowances made were.

Not giving any credence to Adzman/Clunge, just pointing out from a technical point of view that it could be possible.

As a btw though, Carillion have built a building on the OS to accomadate the catering facilities. Fit out was pretty much finished before anyone realised they had not put in any ventilation and now there is a mad panic to get the kit ordered and installed in time Headbanger
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

hammerdivone wrote: The roof was always planned to be extended after the Olympics as part of the conversion. We have no idea what the structural allowances made were.
The roof was planned to be extended to cover the existing seats - ie the lower tier. At present they are not covered. If there is to be retractable seats (sic) over the track, then the roof would need to be extended further.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer »

It was never originally planed to do that as the top part was going to be taken off and return it to a 20,000 seat athletics stadium.

It will never be coverted to a real football stadium unless We buy it .
And how will sustain it if we go down again .
And I for one do not want to sit so far away from the pitch .