Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

GaryP wrote:
Bang on the money mate :thup:
It would be if Liverpool was in a foreign country and Andy Carroll was foreign, as he'd then need IC.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
It would be if Liverpool was in a foreign country and Andy Carroll was foreign, as he'd then need IC.
We were talking about Berbatov !
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

Heard today that any player signed after the window closed has to be registered by Tuesday 5 pm . So if we were looking at any free agents we should find out in the next few days.
badgermax
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by badgermax »

Islington_Iron wrote:In hindsight this seems to have been a legendary transfer window!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also for anyone saying we wouldnt spend £20m check out that link! Southampton apparently spent £30m :shock:
they seem to have got the players sold sub-total wrong, £1.5m + £2.5m does not total £1.5m. (should be £4m) unless I'm missing something.
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

What did we spend on barrera ... what did we sell him for??? I really doubt that a mexican club spent anything decent for him
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

BLT319 wrote:Heard today that any player signed after the window closed has to be registered by Tuesday 5 pm . So if we were looking at any free agents we should find out in the next few days.
Anyone else know about this 'deadline'?

I thought a 'free agent' could be signed at any time and a rule to attempt to prevent that would be held illegal.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Ted Fenton wrote:Anyone else know about this 'deadline'? I thought a 'free agent' could be signed at any time and a rule to attempt to prevent that would be held illegal.
I'm sure a free agent can sign anytime and any limit on signings would be a restraint of trade under EU law.

The only permitted restriction to the transfer windows is to transfers of players currently under an existing contract.
Mad Professor
Has liked: 272 likes

Post by Mad Professor »

Willtelll wrote:I'm sure a free agent can sign anytime and any limit on signings would be a restraint of trade under EU law.

The only permitted restriction to the transfer windows is to transfers of players currently under an existing contract.
I think you are right. We can sign them and of course pay them. We are however unable to play them because they are not registered in our 25.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

scatts wrote:He only has three things important to him:
1/ Himself
2/ Israel
3/ Money
As opposed to 90% of the rest of the Premier League footballers whose only three important things are:

1) Themselves
2) [Insert Country of Registration Here]
3) Money

It's not good, but he is certainly not alone. That's why when I hear things like Carlton Cole refusing a move to stay here and taking a 50% wage drop in the Championship, I have a lot more loyalty towards him.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Islington_Iron wrote:In hindsight this seems to have been a legendary transfer window!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also for anyone saying we wouldnt spend £20m check out that link! Southampton apparently spent £30m :shock:

I always thought it was 20 mil after little Jack tweeted someone back something on the lines "think double that" when he asked if we had 10 mil to spend

on a side note “@Perezrudi: @jsullivanwhu do we know how long AC is out for ?” 2-4 week they think !!! #jackoknows #trustthejackster #COYI"
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Just putting this in here Jack Sullivan has said:

AS we don't have 25 players we might still sign unemployed players. If we do, you'll hear about them first here. #COYI #jackoknows #WHU

https://twitter.com/jsullivanwhu/status ... 7246182400

I think that suggests we're looking at John Mensah as rumoured.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Drenthe's move to besiktas fell through :D
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

I like how he says unemployed players rather than free agents, never heard anyone refer to them like that before. :lol:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Drenthe's move to besiktas fell through :D
Expect to see him appearing in the prem soon then. He'll be snapped up by someone who's lacking an attacking edge - could easily see Fulham or Villa having a look
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Drenthe's move to besiktas fell through :D

on a free id still sign him
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

So would I. But after Jarvis and Benayoun I can't see it happening. Particularly since we've already said no
RichHam

Post by RichHam »

The only Free Agents i would really bother looking at would be Antony Van Den Borre, Craig Gordon and Royston Drenthe.

All the rest seem to be at a level below where we appear to be heading.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

RichHam wrote:The only Free Agents i would really bother looking at would be Antony Van Den Borre, Craig Gordon and Royston Drenthe.

All the rest seem to be at a level below where we appear to be heading.
gone to Vitesse here in the netherlands mate

wouldn't touch drenthe with a barpole imho..he's just not what we need; not good enough for left back and we have more than enough options on the wings now.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

claretcloggy wrote: gone to Vitesse here in the netherlands mate

wouldn't touch drenthe with a barpole imho..he's just not what we need; not good enough for left back and we have more than enough options on the wings now.
We've always been a club to get players back on track. We took Bellamy, Dicks, Di Canio etc

And now Carroll. I don't know if you agree but Drenthe is a better player than Macca and more attacking too!

Mensah will be a fantastic signing if fit lots of Sunderland lads were raving about him a couple of years back.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Haha. We sell Maynard and Baldock to get some cash and extra £30k in the budget and then we buy exactly the type of player Baldock is except 10 years older, twice as much injured, two times less fit and on five times bigger wages. I think so too, yeah.