Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Faded & Dead

Re: Thomas Hitzlsperger released...

Post by Faded & Dead »

Yeah but the fact he asked for it to be terminated is very commendable, like the Tottenham bloke we signed.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Monkey Mike wrote:Before anyone says it.....NO!
Agreed, a shame really because he looked decent when he came back for a while there but we don't need injury prone journeymen in the autumn of their careers.
Voronin

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by Voronin »

Gummi wrote: I actually took your post seriously until you wrote Anelka. How can you come up with something like that? Amazing.
Thanks for your constructive input, and I´m glad to hear that I amaze you, you quoted my entire post with around 15 suggestions just to slate me of for one of the 15. For you, with you superior knowledge, it´s probably clear to see, but could you please enlighten me as to why Anelka is such a ridiculous suggestion that you felt the need to take action?
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

The fact he's now player-managing a team in China and is on ridiculous wages...
Iron_Baker

Post by Iron_Baker »

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... lmohamady/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ahmed Elmohamady any body
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:The fact he's now player-managing a team in China and is on ridiculous wages...
Oh, thought he was just on loan, my bad. :oops:
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Faded & Dead wrote:Yeah but the fact he asked for it to be terminated is very commendable, like the Tottenham bloke we signed.

Or he has a deal in Qatar / China ;)
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

WorcesterWHU wrote:Benayoun? I should hate the rat-faced weasel - but I can't bring myself to for some reason, would be one player I really wouldn't mind having back.
chunkay wrote: I'd welcome him back with open arms if we could get him. He's the best creative midfielder in the league (or, maybe now second to Ramires at Chelski) he can set up plays and score from midfield, and he was ****ing great for us before.
Thats a BIG statement to make about Yossi Benayoun ^.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

GaryP wrote:Thomas Hitzlsperger, Hasan Salihamidzic and Chris have all had their contracts with Bundesliga club Wolfsburg terminated by mutual consent.

The trio all arrived at the club since Felix Magath took charge just over a year ago, but have failed to make an impact for a variety of reasons.

"We have decided together that we will part company," said Magath. "With Brazzo (Salihamidzic) and Chris, both players wanted a fresh challenge."

Hitzlsperger asked for his deal to be terminated one year early while Salihamidzic and Chris will both be out of contract at the end of June.

"It is very regrettable Thomas has stumbled from one injury to another and, as a result, has been unable to help us this season," said Magath.

"I have always respected and rated him as a flawless professional both on and off the field."

Hitzlsperger was restricted to only a handful of appearances for the Wolves due to a succession of injuries which he now wants to put behind him for good before deciding on the next step in his career.

"After serious consideration, I have reached the conclusion that a complete recovery is my current priority," said the former Aston Villa midfielder.

"I cannot see right now whether I would be able to play a decisive role in Wolfsburg reaching its goals next season so the termination of my contract is a fair solution for both sides.

"I would like to thank Felix Magath for the faith he has shown in me from the bottom of my heart."

... looks like we had a lucky escape this season when he left.*

* For the thicker of the Blackpool contingent he left West Ham at the end of the 2011 season when we were both in the Premiership.
Not sure why this was merged into transfer rumours. I wasn't suggesting we should buy him, just noticed he has missed most of the season with injury.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Adrian Ginger-**** Durham just mentioned that Grant Holts just handed in a transfer request ....
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Bamber Gascoigne wrote:Adrian Ginger-**** Durham just mentioned that Grant Holts just handed in a transfer request ....
Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Grant Holt has handed in a transfer request at Norwich. #NCFC More on site soon...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Grant Holt transfer request rejected.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

chunkay wrote: I'd welcome him back with open arms if we could get him. He's the best creative midfielder in the league (or, maybe now second to Ramires at Chelski) he can set up plays and score from midfield, and he was ****ing great for us before.
Denbighammer wrote:
And Ramires!!
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Shame the Hitz thread got locked as people will now miss Last Caress nickname for him "Der Wankflannel"...... :lol:

Never get why players hand in transfer requests these days....it's a piece of piss to engineer a move.

He is 31 so probably thinks he needs to get a big move now.
chunkay

Post by chunkay »

Denbighammer wrote:
Trevor Montana wrote:And Ramires!!

I like Ramires, and I think Yossi is hideously underused by Arsenal and Chelsea before.
Also, it's probably a huge exaggeration... But I think we could finish about 12th if we had a player like Yossi.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Grant Holt transfer request rejected.
Probably tapped up by Redknapp
jtsharpie
Location: In deepest, darkest spud country. Escape to the BML most weekends.

Post by jtsharpie »

Craig Gordon has been released by Sunderland this morning - Hammers bound?
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Have we signed messi yet, come on Daves weve been a premeir league side for 30 minutes already.

Boooooooooooooo

I knew we wouldnt get anyone in

Daves out
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

jtsharpie wrote:Craig Gordon has been released by Sunderland this morning - Hammers bound?
Hope not. They signed him for £9 million so to be released means he's basically the GK version of Savio. Stay away.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Lets decimate Blackburn & Bolton of their crown jewels