Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

Luke Young seems to have disappeared off QPR's website.....
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

So the deal to sign AC was completed by 8:15am on Thursday.

That doesn't quite tie in with several ITK's quite late "news" that he was joining us. Especially the denials and late 'U' turns and the reports of a medical are "rubbish".

Like clairvoyants, they are just good guessers of what is likely to happen is my take on it.

"THURSDAY, AUGUST 30
ALL chief executives know that when your manager calls you before 8am it means something is up.

And at 8am it can only ever be something really good or really bad.

This time, thankfully, it is in the really good category. The door has been opened on Andy Carroll and it looks as though the persistence and perseverance of Sam Allardyce, coupled with the cheque-book of David Sullivan and David Gold, has paid off.

In 15 minutes the deal is signed, sealed and the player is in a helicopter spinning his way to Essex for a medical."
Hammer of the year
Location: Sweden (Spreading the word of the Lord to the vikings and the polar bears).

Post by Hammer of the year »

What a great transfer window this has been. I am very positively suprised. Dead wood has been sold (except Piq?) and replaced and team has been strengthened without extreme money spent, it seems. Good job Sam and board!

COYI!
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

I wonder how the Juve fans feel.
All summer loads of rumours and noise from their camp :

We want to sign : Robin Van Persie, Llorente, Dzeko etc
And then to end up with Bendtner :)

And don't know if the rumour is true : Aston Villa had the chance to sign Radomel Falcao a couple of years ago before he went from River Plate to Porto. But Martin O'Neill turned him down and bought Heskey instead.
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

kielhammer wrote:I wonder how the Juve fans feel.
All summer loads of rumours and noise from their camp :

We want to sign : Robin Van Persie, Llorente, Dzeko etc
And then to end up with Bendtner :)

And don't know if the rumour is true : Aston Villa had the chance to sign Radomel Falcao a couple of years ago before he went from River Plate to Porto. But Martin O'Neill turned him down and bought Heskey instead.
You mean he was linked with them like we were with Seedorf, Kaka, Neymar and so on?
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

So the only signing I missed was the return of the turn. Not happy with that but very happy with the rest.

KUMB article is spot on as those with short memories or C&B specs will soon find out. I suppose yes, it is better to have him than have nothing and yes, he might make a difference for us in a handful of games but I can assure you of one thing - he definitely doesn't want to be here and believes his massive talent is still being undervalued.

He only has three things important to him:
1/ Himself
2/ Israel
3/ Money

I don't think club or team mates feature anywhere. You've only got to look at his career since he left us to see what everyone else thinks of him.

I would, of course, be very happy to be proved wrong and I would not condone booing. He's here now, like it or not, and he's not the only man on the pitch so let's get behind the team as a whole.

Chelski were paying him 92 grand a week! :lol:

Anyway, on the bright side of life I can finally put this sodding topic to rest. No more ploughing through pages of twatter crap or endless repeats of the same bloody information or opinion. No more 6 page debates about a player who is not coming to WHU.

Hopefully we have an anorak who will analyse the 1200+ pages and give us the results about who actually provided any truly useful ITK news? From memory, the owners lad was a reasonable source although not the right way to do things, RM6 and Trap came in with a couple albeit late in the process, KUMB Insider always appeared informed and balanced! Carr Jnr should not be discouraged, he had a go in all good faith but the situation turned.

Twitter was proved to be 100% cobblers! Either correct information copied from elsewhere or complete b*llocks.

Anyone I missed?
Last edited by scatts on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Fully applaud Mr Gold & Mr Sullivan for the way they seem to continue to back Our Club and the manager, now the silly season is over, transfer window closed! and we can sit back and see how the new players settle in and if they match up to expectations! :crest:
GJH

Post by GJH »

Wonderful transfer window. Can't remember a better one to be honest.

Pleased with Yossi and thought he was extremely effective for Arsenal towards the end of last season.

Sad for Maynard. I think that there is something a bit special about him, from a footballing point of view, but we never got the opportunity to see it - only glimpses. Good luck to him and all the other departing hammers!
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Ozza wrote:Re Maynard, he always looked a decent bloke, applauding the fans handing out his training tops to kids etc, not sure he deserves slagging off
Had some nice comments for our fans on the Cardiff site too.
From memory Bristol was at a kids charity event and Maynard made an arsey comment to another player there about wanting to get out of there with a bit of attitude etc which obviously is out of order but I would imagine it was just a bit of laddish bravado to his mate that wasn't meant to be heard nor probably meant..
I'm the same as Bristol though and would hold something like that against them for a long while :lol:
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

westhamirish wrote:
Unfortunately it is from twitter but it was from agent_whu who has got all of the things spot on this transfer window and seems to have contacts.
Sorry, but he is full of rubbish...he is the Jonathan Edwards of the West Ham ITKs. "I'm sensing an 's' in the squad' or 'a player will be arriving in this window'.
He's got so much wrong it's untrue, and he even backed the information of another 'ITK' on investment which the guy then admitted was completely made up.

I have to say though, thanks to Kumb Insider who's been bang on and not OTT with his info. Cheers pal.
KUMB Insider

Post by KUMB Insider »

thanks ryanrc
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

what happened to the john mensah deal- was it ever on?!
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

Agent Whu has been spot on, but so has Kumb insider.

Both have said that investors are coming, with Kumb Insider giving "Dallas" as a clue. I suppose we'll just have to sit and wait until the future of the OS is made public before finding out what investors if any are around the corner.
WHUnited91

Post by WHUnited91 »

w4hammer wrote:what happened to the john mensah deal- was it ever on?!
Not sure where we are with the player, but I think he's a free agent still as far as I know. So it's still possible to do a deal.
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

scatts wrote:Twitter was proved to be 100% cobblers! Either correct information copied from elsewhere or complete b*llocks.

Anyone I missed?
Kumb Insider, BrownFatwa, Pezza and for all things Yossi (Daniel).. On twatter clungewhu seems to have died after saying " Jarvis not coming to WHU" :)

And also with regard to what Yossi thinks of, I would have added that his agent almost certainly had a lot to do with what happened for continuing to tout Yossi after contract agreements had been made with us. In fairness though there can be no denying that at the time the lure of the chance to play for Liverpool would have been very hard to turn down.

I may be wrong but iirc I seem to remember something being said about wanting to regularly be in the starting XI and then laughing my backside off because he pretty much became a bench warmer at Liverpool (as was the case at Chelsea and Arsenal).

For a long time after Yossi left we missed having a creative player. While I don't for a minute think Yossi will be a regular starter (and certainly not play in enough games to fire the 60% clause) I am pleased he is back and that we now have a player with his skill and vision. It is also probable that he will bring to the training ground tactical things learnt at Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

All in all I'm extremely pleased with the dealings this window so a big hats off to BFS, the 2 Daves and KB. Image
natrasleep

Post by natrasleep »

munichhammer wrote:Agent Whu has been spot on, but so has Kumb insider.

Both have said that investors are coming, with Kumb Insider giving "Dallas" as a clue. I suppose we'll just have to sit and wait until the future of the OS is made public before finding out what investors if any are around the corner.
It's J R Ewing.... My first and only prediction taken from careful analysis of all the clues....
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

bobd_uk wrote:He wasn't announced until 3.30 - we don't know when the paperwork was lodged with the FA. Could have been done by 12, and it took till 3 for international clearance.
Bang on the money mate :thup:
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

Any decent free fb's or cbs available?
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

Coledinho wrote: The one not on 60k+ a week?
doubt Diarra is making less than 40k a week... obviously its hindsight we didnt know hed be available but id definitely prefer mbia over diarra.
Islington_Iron
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Islington_Iron »

In hindsight this seems to have been a legendary transfer window!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also for anyone saying we wouldnt spend £20m check out that link! Southampton apparently spent £30m :shock:
Last edited by Islington_Iron on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.