The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by the pink palermo »

An announcement has been put up on the offical site stating that Season ticket prices for next season will be pegged at the same price as the 2010/11 season , when we were last in the PL .

Further details will be announced shortly .

A couple of questions

1. That season, ticket prices were increased on July 1st , so is the peg price the pre increase price or the post ( was there a change in VAT) ?

2. There appears to be no mention, as yet, of the 20% discount that was offered as an inducement to long term STH's to renew under the Duxbury regime to remain loyal supporters whilst the club was offloading star players in an attempt to balance the books .Will the club honour it's pledge - regardless of a change in ownership , it is the same legal entity with whom we struck our bargain .

We kept our side of the bargain .

By my calculations a band 1 ST should be £830 less 20% , so £664 .

I'm happy to accept that a change in VAT would be a reasonable justification for a small increase compared with the offer made by the previous Board , but to simply ignore the offer and pretend it never existed is wrong .

When the Daves bought the club they would have undertaken appropriate due dilligence and will have known about all of it's future liabilities , of which this is one .

It's all well and good paying off Sheffield United for errors made by Terry Brown , a current Director of the club , but what about meeting the commitments made to our fans ?

I would hope the club will make a statement on this in the very near future .As ever, with me, it ain't the principle, it's the money .
beckton

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by beckton »

A couple of good questions, maybe will get the answers tomorrow at 9am when they go on sale.

It'll leave a sour taste if they don't keep to the 20% discount promise.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

on the booking history, it notes 5years plus season ticket holder. don't know if that is significant or not
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Well I just logged into my account

Same prices showing as they did in July 2010/11.

Band 1
Adult £850

Band 4
Adult £600

Even a £1.80 booking fee this season !!
missionary

Post by missionary »

The details stating 5 year season ticket holder was removed a week or so ago. Just checked my ticket area. And it has my ticket shown twice once with a £1.80 booking fee and another with a £2.00 booking fee. Thats for the same seat. No discount showing either
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I have supported G&S on many decisions they have received criticism for but this would be disgraceful if they didn't honour it, the deal was made by West Ham United to season ticket holders.

It's principle more than the money
Denbighammer
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

MD_HM wrote:It's principle more than the money
Uneasy bedfellows, don't hold your breath.
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

I think the club should make a statement one way or the other, it's not fair just to ignore it.
Coker

Post by Coker »

Just logged in £790 being quoted!!
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

There are probably enough of us to start a class action case. Gullivan need to say something and soon.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

I presume there are not many posters that have been season ticket holders for 5 years...

Only 9 posts on the subject, despite it being potentially the biggest kick in the teeth for the most loyal fans.

Thread on Wembley tickets had everyone up in arms when the season ticket holders and members were sorted.

Even got a protest group based on a move we haven't seen plans for yet and tons of wet knickers over Diouf not signing but not many seem bothered about this :think:
WCW66
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by WCW66 »

Most are probably still blatted from yesterday!
I've had a season ticket since the mid 80s, and have had the same seat in the BML since '94. Thing is though, short of not renewing it, what choice do we actually have? It would be nice to think the current regime would honour that pledge and reward those of us who have stuck with the club through thick and thin. However unfortunately money talks, and season ticket holders don't really seem to be top of their "let's be nice to the fans" agenda.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

lets hope they do the decent thing

the way i see it, the supporters who shell out their hard earned year after year deserve some credit for their loyalty
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 557 likes

Post by Oldun »

I have had a look this morning and there is no 5 year discount being applied to my ticket.
The fact that they are now charging a booking fee as well,for what ,they dont even send out a new card.
I will renew,but i will wait until the last minute as usual.
Although i would have welcomed the discount i can also understand why they wont give it,it was a rediculous
promise made by a previous regime.
As a club we need all the money we can get,and if the two Daves are willing to put extra money in to the
club perhaps i should as well.
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

Even if they offered 10% or a gesture would be something.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

:oops:
Last edited by MD_HM on Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
onlyme

Post by onlyme »

From the official site:

Existing Season Ticket holders must renew by 5pm on Saturday 7 July to ensure they retain their current seat. For full Season Ticket holders who are renewing for the fifth consecutive season in 2012/13, all relevant information will be included in your renewal pack which will be posted this week.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

onlyme wrote:From the official site:

Existing Season Ticket holders must renew by 5pm on Saturday 7 July to ensure they retain their current seat. For full Season Ticket holders who are renewing for the fifth consecutive season in 2012/13, all relevant information will be included in your renewal pack which will be posted this week.
:oops:

Jumped the gun...

Ranting retraction... Lol
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 557 likes

Post by Oldun »

Lucky i didnt renew first thing this morning, still dont think we will get the full discount,perhaps
they will drop the booking fee.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

MD_HM wrote:I presume there are not many posters that have been season ticket holders for 5 years...

Only 9 posts on the subject, despite it being potentially the biggest kick in the teeth for the most loyal fans.

Thread on Wembley tickets had everyone up in arms when the season ticket holders and members were sorted.

Even got a protest group based on a move we haven't seen plans for yet and tons of wet knickers over Diouf not signing but not many seem bothered about this :think:
I find this amusing coming from you.

It's not legally binding so there's no point wetting your knickers.