The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

JBs Caravan

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by JBs Caravan »

The old tosh about renew or lose out is wearing thin now zzzzzzzzzzz
Last season we sold 18k,i reckon this year 23k ish,
The dilema being is fork out heaps,or watch Billy Daytrippers get in for the un-attractive matches for reduced tkt prices
Supporting this club as a ST holder is not cheap
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

5% here.

£30 saved this year. We stay up which I'm confident we will, thats the minimum saved next year. We won't be moving to Stratford for a good couple of years, so I think it'll be the best bet in the long run.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Is there no limit to how far Brady will stoop to extract every last penny ??

"Yes, you can have your 20% discount, but only if you renew by phone"

Which I do, only to be told that there's a £1.80 Booking Fee because "you chose to renew by phone, you could have done it online for free".
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Captain Slaphead wrote:Is there no limit to how far Brady will stoop to extract every last penny ??

Which I do, only to be told that there's a £1.80 Booking Fee because "you chose to renew by phone, you could have done it online for free".
There's still a booking fee online for ST renewals £2, which they've not done before.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Thought I renew now and stuck on hold, are they all on holiday !

Cheaper to send the applications in Special Delivery
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

£144 saved. I am happy.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Off to the Boleyn to renew tomorrow - the kiddo wants to accept the 5% discount as he has worked out that he will be better off financially when he hits the age 16 bracket.

Not a clue where he has sprung that gem from as I normally purchase it anyway :lol:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

£481.80 spent today. Deal was offered over the phone. :thup:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

upton girlie wrote:Off to the Boleyn to renew tomorrow - the kiddo wants to accept the 5% discount as he has worked out that he will be better off financially when he hits the age 16 bracket.

Not a clue where he has sprung that gem from as I normally purchase it anyway
The perfect opportunity to let him buy his own. :wink:
Bedshammer

Post by Bedshammer »

Captain Slaphead wrote:Is there no limit to how far Brady will stoop to extract every last penny ??

You can claim your discount if you renew at the ticket office too.
HammerTel

Post by HammerTel »

I`ve claimed the 20% by post over the 4 payments coming to £480 plus £25 admin,a bit skint after spending nearly 3 weeks in Ukraine,Thanks to the Icelandics,well they did get something right eh!
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

HammerTel wrote:I`ve claimed the 20% by post over the 4 payments coming to £480 plus £25 admin,a bit skint after spending nearly 3 weeks in Ukraine,Thanks to the Icelandics,well they did get something right eh!
Not realy what sort of idiot gives away 20% of a big chunk of your ticket revenue to entice people to buy something they would have brought anyway, I doubt that many people would thought " oh if I don't spend £600 this year that I don't realy want/can't afford to spend on a S/T then I won't save £120 on 2/3/4/5 years".
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hammer110 wrote:Not realy what sort of idiot gives away 20% of a big chunk of your ticket revenue to entice people to buy something they would have brought anyway,
The sort of idiot that wanted to prevent the club sliding into administration ?

Let me explain .

The club was running out of cash .Without cash it would not have been capable of paying it's bills - player wages etc , and would , at some point, have called in the administrators .The reason it was running out of cash was it had given contracts to players it could not afford without continued and ongoing equity injections from the then shareholders .Unfortunately the money the shareholders at the time were injecting was largely borrowed ( not an issue as far as WHUFC are concerned , until it stops coming) .When the whole pack of cards in Iceland came down they, the shareholders , could no longer borrow any money to give to West Ham .To be clear it wasn't West Ham borrowing the money , it was the people who owned West Ham that were borrowing money .

To prevent the inevitable entering of administration the clubs then CEO struck a deal with a finance company to borrow money ( this is the point at which the club borrowed money) , using the income stream from future season ticket sales as a guarantee - collaterall I think it is called in such circles .

Unfortunately due to the need to cut the payroll - i.e get rid of decent players on fat contracts , and replace them with cheaper ones AKA in some quarters as "The Project" , it was entirely possible that the number of season tickets sold may reduce , and indeed that proved to be the case .ST sales peaked when we were signing Bellamy, Parker, Dyer etc , and fell when we sold them .

So, in an attempt to prop up the inevitable decline in ST sales, and therefore by extension the ability of the club to borrow the cash it needed to stay afloat , it offered the future discount .

It was not the act of a madman , nor was it anything particuarly to do with the Icelandics : it was our CEO desperately trying to stop the club sliding into administration .

And he achieved that with the loyal support oif the fans who have shelled out for the past 5 years to watch on a number of occasions teams packed with players that could best be described as ordinary .

In short , instead of people casting glances at those who are claiming the discount , perhpas they would be better served at asking why the 6000 people who bought a ST 5 years ago that didn't buy one last year have gone .And why .
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Thanks for yet another lecture PP, I know the rationale and in my opinion it was flawed thinking, but I have no problem in fans claiming it, in whatever form, as it was promised and the club now have to honour that promise.
Jimmy2Sheds

Post by Jimmy2Sheds »

Grabbed the 20%. Times are hard.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

has anyone actually managed to renew online? Dear God, how can they bombard us with "just click here" and the ****ing thing not work.?!?!?
There's £1300 burning a hole in my pocket...and im apparently 15th in the queue
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

I renewed online on saturday with no problems. My bro-in-law had problems with it during the day yesterday but text last night to say it was sorted. Might have been a short term glitch
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hammer110 wrote:Thanks for yet another lecture PP,
You brought it upon yourself .
Hammer110 wrote: I know the rationale
If that's true why have I had to explain it to you - again ?
Hammer110 wrote: and in my opinion it was flawed thinking,
Opinions are what we all like to express , so tell me , lecture me if you want, on the other options available to the then CEO , that he had at the time .Tell me how he could have persuaded a finance Company to forward us the cash without there being some form of mechanism in place to encourage ST renewals in the knowledge that star players were to be sold .

Always happy to be educated by my betters ..........
the_real_devonshire

Post by the_real_devonshire »

I took the 5% on offer as over the 4 years i think that might work out better and also because fortunately i am in a position where i do not have the financial constraints and need the 20%. Fair play to anyone who has though.

What i have done though is move seats. Ticket office acknowledged receipt of my renewal and charged me the full price for my band 1 seat. Apparently they then refund the difference between the two seats once they have carried out the transfer. I shall watch my bank statements very closely over the next few days.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Does anyone have a local number alternative to the '08' number for the ticket office? By the time I've sat in the queue to renew I might be better off just getting the 5% online than calling from Switzerland to claim my 20% :D