The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by Iron Mark »

Yup, definately different.

No information about 5% discount now.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Your right,the 5 year discount part has gone. :lol:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

So now we get no discount :lol:

Looks as though they may of had a rethink? Wonder if they have sent any renewal packs out yet...
beckton

Post by beckton »

They've cut off the end bit with the 5% discount on it. Brilliant.

I emailed the ticket office an hour ago asking if the 5% was a printing error and they meant it to be 20%.

Well you never know. :lol:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

beckton wrote:They've cut off the end bit with the 5% discount on it. Brilliant.

I emailed the ticket office an hour ago asking if the 5% was a printing error and they meant it to be 20%.

Well you never know. :lol:

That'll be it, realised their error and now upping it to 20%.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

upton girlie wrote:From an email on the 10th April 2009:

Brilliant stuff :thup:

I'll post the the 20% discount whufc.com webpage they deleted later today.
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

There doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread. I thought there would be much more...
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

k-r-c wrote:There doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread. I thought there would be much more...
That's my shock... It's far worse than the ticket sales for Wembley decision and that got them a grilling...

Can only think not many Kumb posters have been season ticket holders for last 5 years.

I just can't see how they can't honour it with all the evidence, the deal was with West Ham United and they knew when buying the club the offer was on the table.

:thdn:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

k-r-c wrote:There doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread. I thought there would be much more...
Plenty reading it, maybe there isn't many with 5yr service or they're waiting until the pack reveals 5%

Here's a screen of the club webpage detailing the 20% discount, along with UG's email hopefully the board do the right thing this time.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

This story in the KUMB news archive also carries a quote from Mr Duxbury. The link included in the story, which was published just a couple of months ago has indeed been removed from whufc.com:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Pop Robson wrote: Here's a screen of the club webpage detailing the 20% discount, along with UG's email hopefully the board do the right thing this time.
Surely this is enough, Any legal buffs on here?
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

I just can't see how they can renegade on the deal.
It ain't even about the money it's about the principal.
How many times can the club f*** season ticket holders about!
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Good work all, keep it up.

I've tweeted David Gold but obviously he's ignored it...also ignored me when I gave him some feedback on El Hadji Diouf, seems to only like answering questions on how to download his book and what time does the ticket office open.

This will be my 16th season renewing... I'm getting my 20% discount that I'm due.
EastendDawg

Post by EastendDawg »

I'm not sure if this will be my 4th or 5th consequtive renewal but I do remember this deal at the time and support you guys full heartedly. I have to agree that the evidence stacks up as much as they are trying to bury it. A deal in writing was made and many of you guys and possibly myself have kept our side of the agreement. If that's not a legal obligation I don't know what is?

It may not seem fair to the new owners like I don't think it's fair that they are paying for the mistakes of the previous regime with the Tevez fiasco. But like many have said they bought the club and with it the clubs responsibilities. How can they wiggle out of this one? If they can then good luck to them only on the condition they can use the same legal loop hole to tell Sheffield United to stuff it.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

The Bob wrote:Good work all, keep it up.

I've tweeted David Gold but obviously he's ignored it...also ignored me when I gave him some feedback on El Hadji Diouf, seems to only like answering questions on how to download his book and what time does the ticket office open.

This will be my 16th season renewing... I'm getting my 20% discount that I'm due.

I tweeted him also but expect to be ignored.It is scandalous.
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

He ignored me too.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Board have known about this for some time , to suggest otherwise would be a barefaced lie .The minutes from the SAB are quite clear , and the clubs professional advisors would have made the Daves aware of all future liabilities when they bought the club .

The amount of money at stake cannot be too great .Karren kindly advised STH that the revenue to the club this year for around 18,000 of them was £6.8m net if VAT .So, even if every single person qualified for a 20% reduction it would cost less than £1.5m , and the chances are an awfult lot of people who are current STH may not have hit the 5 year threshold .

I'm sure it's just a simple misunderstanding , but just to clear things up , I'll wander down to the club tomorrow and ask them at the front door .

Has it really come to this ?

Seriously .
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

I'll tweet him too.

Very frustrating. Headbanger
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Clearly some ST holders will have only renewed last season on the basis of the promised discount.
I think the club may be on shakier ground than they may have realised.

"The OFT cannot provide advice or assistance to individual consumers or traders. If you require consumer advice, information on specific consumer rights or wish to make a consumer complaint against a trader, please visit http://www.adviceguide.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06".
Last edited by Westbourne Bill on Mon May 21, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awbis

Post by Awbis »

clawhammer wrote:West Ham United offered me a contract. I accepted that contract and renewed my ticket and have done so since. The terms of the contract specify that I should get a reduction of 20% on my ST for next season.

The tone of this thread is far too cynical and defeatist. If the club don't honour the contract I , for one, will not let it go. It would only take one person to take the matter to a small claims court and generate publicity for the flood gates to open for everybody. If you are entitled to the discount there is no way you should setlle for less than 20%. Under Contract law the case is pretty much open and shut in our favour. My contact is with the club and not Gullivan.
You see I am not sure it is as open and shut as you think'

Under retail Law a company has the right to change the terms of an offer at any time, I am not sure Contract Law has anything to do with this as it is a retail transaction and you do not have a signed copy of the contract. I think you are perhaps on the wrong track on this. You do not use a contract on your weekly shop do you?

As a Principle I think they should honour it, but do not think they have to.