The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Re: The 5 year ST Loyalty scheme

Post by the pink palermo »

Albie , I made the point on another thread a month or so ago that by reducing ticket prices for the Championship season they could have argued they had helped fans out .The previous occasion we were in the Championship there was no reduction , so in that context I have some sympathy with the current owners .

However, it's the way the whole thing has been handled that has left a sour taste - and I do feel it would have been prudent to be upfront and straight , giving people a choice of bread today or jam tomorrow .

If the club needs more cash , why not offer two year season tickets ? Or three ? It may be only a few people take up the offer but if you don't ask you'll never know .
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

pinks, I absolutely agree. The club has shot off most of its toes in the last couple of weeks. If they had been open, honest and treated the fanbase like the intelligent (for the most part) individuals they are, they would have got a sensible response.

As it is much (most?) of the good they have done has been washed away in a wave of cynicism on both sides. Consequently a lot of the feelgood after Wembley has been lost.

Credit to you and a number of others who have highlighted this issue, I just hope that lessons are learned.
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

Albie Beck wrote:Got my renewal pack - so far as I can tell the letter enclosed is pretty much identical to the email received before, with all the whining histrionics about the Icelandics (although the worst culprit was from Manchester).

This whole fiasco has been appalingly handled from a PR/Customer point of view and I really hope that Karren takes notice. The staff have ****ed up but she's in charge and that's where the buck stops.

However, and after due consideration I'm inclined to take the offered 5% per annum. It is true to say that the headline price has been pegged to that 2 seasons ago, so all in all I think the package is fair. I can then feel smug that I've done my bit to help :wink: .
Or is she behind it?
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

brownout wrote: Or is she behind it?
I'd like to think that if she was more hands-on she'd write a better letter than that. But you may well be right... :)
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Albie Beck wrote:pinks, I absolutely agree. The club has shot off most of its toes in the last couple of weeks. If they had been open, honest and treated the fanbase like the intelligent (for the most part) individuals they are, they would have got a sensible response.

As it is much (most?) of the good they have done has been washed away in a wave of cynicism on both sides. Consequently a lot of the feelgood after Wembley has been lost.

Credit to you and a number of others who have highlighted this issue, I just hope that lessons are learned.
Superb post and sums up a position that I feel most would agree with, it was not the scramble for the extra 120-160 odd quid that the full 20% would give it was the way it was handled and then to try and "shame" OUR most loyal supporters into feelings of guilt, like others have said a real PR nightmare.
joyful

Post by joyful »

However, and after due consideration I'm inclined to take the offered 5% per annum. It is true to say that the headline price has been pegged to that 2 seasons ago, so all in all I think the package is fair. I can then feel smug that I've done my bit to help
yes, I can't wait for the "I'm a better fan than you" threads to encompass this next year! :) (Albie, I know you are joking and so am I, but you just know it will happen!)
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

I know joy, hence the patented winky-defence... :oops:
hammerdal68

Post by hammerdal68 »

Hi there peeps! Anyone out there gonna return their renewal forms with a cheque for 20% less than the total amount required...that Is where all season ticket holders are eligible for that 20% discount? I notice there's no pre-paid return envelope, but just wondered what reply'd get If I decided myself to deduct the 20% off my own back, so It should be Interesting, but I just wondered If anyone else has done likewise?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

hammerdal68 wrote:Hi there peeps! Anyone out there gonna return their renewal forms with a cheque for 20% less than the total amount required...that Is where all season ticket holders are eligible for that 20% discount? I notice there's no pre-paid return envelope, but just wondered what reply'd get If I decided myself to deduct the 20% off my own back, so It should be Interesting, but I just wondered If anyone else has done likewise?
As they'll take yr payment with the 20% discount by card now, I'm not sure why you'd need to send the form or cheque....unless its to avoid the 10p a min call charge (and booking fee?).
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote: If the club needs more cash , why not offer two year season tickets ? Or three ? It may be only a few people take up the offer but if you don't ask you'll never know .
Newcastle did a 10yr one and sold 20,000.

Although they didn't ask for the money up front and the prices are frozen for the 10yrs !!

That's how to treat loyal supporters.
Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck »

edit: sorry.
KierZ
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by KierZ »

means you have a ticket for the move into the O/S

release 'facts' in certain newspaper columns saying the most loyal fans are all for a move and have already put their name down to get a season ticket in the new stadium
geowhu

Post by geowhu »

Does anyone Know if the Discounts Apply to Concession STHs ??
LYALL OUT

Post by LYALL OUT »

cockney farmer wrote:...it was not the scramble for the extra 120-160 odd quid that the full 20% would give it was the way it was handled and then to try and "shame" OUR most loyal supporters into feelings of guilt.
Will G&S feel any guilt when they sail off into the sunset after selling us to some publicity seeking Johnny Foreigner in a few years time? Leaving us homeless, rattling around in a rented Olympic Stadium, and a play thing for someone who's bound to make Alexandre Gaydamak look like he knew what he was doing. You know, in fairness, that's when even I would say "well they propped up the club with their money, they are entitled to do what they like."

Anyone who thinks that is not their ultimate plan is living in a world of pixies and elves, because I don't think they would have walked in here when they did without the prospect of the Olympic Stadium. That barn has been there ultimate target from day one, and they are not even going to let a little matter like "ownership" stop them from moving there, or even asking us if we'd like to go there. Then, when we do get there, that's when they'll start looking to sell.

Please, don't buy into this "we're supporters just like you". If you had earnt the money they have in your life, you'd have still been going to West Ham, while they choose to sit in a directors box at Birmingham. Yes, they may well have stumped up for every other dodgy contact error that the Icelandic owners made since they came here, but they are playing the long game on this, but the 20% issue impacts on the group of people who don't deserve to be dicked about.

G&S are in a different league to everyone who walks in through the turnstiles, past their ostentatious Rolls, and they should be ashamed of themselves for even trying to justify welching on this deal. Sometimes you have to honour a bad quote, just to keep your face, that's part of business. So whichever way you choose to dress this up, it's still poor form. I've not added up how much money I've invested in West Ham over the years, but I wouldn't lord it over anyone else, who wasn't able to invest as much as I have done.

Even after the PR **** storm their email to season ticket holders created, they still send out the renewal pack with the same details? Well they can poke their begrudged 20% discount, my time has come for a 100% discount. It'll tug on the old heart strings, but from 2014-15 season, they'll be a few more of you signing from my hym sheet each following season.

Amen.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

geowhu wrote:Does anyone Know if the Discounts Apply to Concession STHs ??
They apply to all season tickets that have been held for the required qualifying period.

I renewed my five yesterday at the ticket office and was offered, without needing to ask for , the 20% off.

Took the 20% on two of them and the 5% option on the other three.
HammerTel

Post by HammerTel »

LYALL OUT wrote:Will G&S feel any guilt when they sail off into the sunset after selling us to some publicity seeking Johnny Foreigner in a few years time?
1 million% right I couldnt agree more fella,we could almost be cosmic twins.

The fact that G+S dont consult on the OS nor care if they alienate the core of support is because they are going to be about for another 3 to 5 years max should all things go well.

There are no ambitions to play good football go on a cup run or buy any players that will significantly enhance the team,and to lose a key player like Rob Green for a poxy £5,000 a week extra tells me all I need to know!
Last edited by Up the Junction on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

As predicted this shambolic PR disaster has given the doubters a very big stick to beat the co-owners with.

The smoking foot is clearly on display at the hammers once again......

They have demonstrated perfectly that they know the price of everything and the value of nothing........ Headbanger
adie

Post by adie »

more like this PR disaster has shown the co-owners in the true light, money grabbing bar stewards who don't give a monkeys about OUR club.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

LYALL OUT wrote:Will G&S feel any guilt when they sail off into the sunset after selling us to some publicity seeking Johnny Foreigner in a few years time?
HammerTel wrote: 1 million% right I couldnt agree more fella,we could almost be cosmic twins.
More like a pair of drama queens.
HammerTel

Post by HammerTel »

More like a pair of drama queens.
Would you care to flesh that out rather than sniping from the sidelines?