The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you support the plans by WHUFC's Board of Directors to move the Club to the Olympic Stadium?

Yes
65%
No
23%
Undecided
13%

Total votes: 970

Matt of iron

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

Post by Matt of iron »

red iron wrote:
Good point. Anyone remember Notts Forest in the cup a few years ago? They got the upper and lower tier of the STB and completely drowned out our support. You could see how much the support galvanised their team and they were unlucky to lose. We can't afford to do that in the Prem.

"Price of everything and value of nothing" springs to mind?
Would that be the game they lost 4-1? :lol:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Matt of iron wrote:Would that be the game they lost 4-1? :lol:
oh dear

if you are going to ridicule someone please get the facts right, the propensity of late in this forum, to dig out, put down then use a laughing smillie after is becoming a bit tedious

for the record

FA Cup Su 30Jan 2011 West Ham 3 - 2 Nottm Forest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 379085.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Amazingly despite the unbelievable string of delays and dithering the pro voting on the poll seems to be going for the move still.

A number of weeks ago I noted the votes and I just compared them to now...... FOR was 527 Now FOR 540.. + 13 AGAINST was 173 Now AGAINST 179 + 6 .. UNDECIDED Was 102 Now 105 +3.

So surprisingly the Votes are running at roughly at the same percentages now as they were many months ago.... :o
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Wow nobody bothered clicking an an ancient thread.

People are waiting to see the plans first....they'll be out sometime after the seasons finished.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

eastsider wrote:Amazingly despite the unbelievable string of delays and dithering the pro voting on the poll seems to be going for the move still.

A number of weeks ago I noted the votes and I just compared them to now...... FOR was 527 Now FOR 540.. + 13 AGAINST was 173 Now AGAINST 179 + 6 .. UNDECIDED Was 102 Now 105 +3.

So surprisingly the Votes are running at roughly at the same percentages now as they were many months ago.... :o

Very Intresting, i hadnt noticed that people were still casting a vote. Obviously this has slowed down alot from the initial burst simply as no one can re-vote obviously.

But from your observation over the last few of weeks the total number of votes increased and around 2.5 % of votes cast have been made in that period. 59% For, 27% Against, 13% Undicided
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

Interesting percentages you are cleverer than me to work them out!!

I remember in the first few hours of the poll the FOR vote hit 71% so a little down from those heady heights!!
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Blimey never realised it started out that high !

Looking at this current poll its clear that if the undecided vote was taken away and you "assumed" that the undecided then voted in the same fashion as the current yes no voters. The current poll would read
Yes - 75 % (619)
No - 25 % (205)
It all depends on what basis the undecided votes were cast.
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

Rays Rock wrote:[quote="eastsider"

Interesting percentages you are cleverer than me to work them out!!

I remember in the first few hours of the poll the FOR vote hit 71% so a little down from those heady heights!!
Blimey never realised it started out that high !

Well it was only after a few hours and probably only 50 votes or something cast, after a few hours it was down to upper 60's%
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

I think a lot of people have had 2nd thoughts (including me) since voting & if they could change their vote the poll would show quite a different story :think:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I don't think enough people have voted to get anything worthwhile out of it to be honest.
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:I don't think enough people have voted to get anything worthwhile out of it to be honest.

Well it is the opinion of well over 800 people who were free to vote how they wished......

Why have so few voted? Well because a massive silent majority are for the move and lots of fans obviously cannot be bothered to even discuss it unlike us!! ....... IMO of course. Very few actual posters on this thread really, the same usual suspects on both sides battering it out.....
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

eastsider wrote:Why have so few voted? Well because a massive silent majority are for the move and lots of fans obviously cannot be bothered to even discuss it unlike us!!
I think 800 is a decent amount (and easily enough to be representative of the entire population of West Ham fans, statistically, by the way*). Perhaps the reason there's not more it that not that many West Ham fans are signed up to KUMB and regularly post?

*population of 600,000 West Ham fans (which is the number that surveys have come up with) to a 99% confidence and an error of 5% either side (so 75% = 70% to 80% with 99% confidence) requires a sample size of 665. http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

eastsider wrote:Why have so few voted?
"Do you support the plans by WHUFC's Board of Directors to move the Club to the Olympic Stadium?"

What plans? Until there are plans how can people vote? I have not voted for this and only this reason.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

sutts07 wrote: "Do you support the plans by WHUFC's Board of Directors to move the Club to the Olympic Stadium?"

What plans? Until there are plans how can people vote? I have not voted for this and only this reason.
Which is 100% spot on Sutts, I fail to see how anyone can cast a vote without knowing what they are actually voting for. Its all too pie in the sky so far, those who have voted yes could in effect be like Turkeys voting for Christmas.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

sutts07 wrote:What plans? Until there are plans how can people vote?
If you're unaware that our board of Directors plan to move the club to Stratford sutts, you really have no place posting in this forum...
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

gavrosh wrote: I think 800 is a decent amount (and easily enough to be representative of the entire population of West Ham fans, statistically, by the way*).
Funny that.

When 3 times that amount of season ticket holders filled in forms going into the ground you were one of the people that said their vote was unrepresentative.

:eh:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

sutts07 wrote: If you're unaware that our board of Directors plan to move the club to Stratford sutts, you really have no place posting in this forum...
He's probably referring to the lack of detail around the move such as costs, expected returns, ongoing rent, the issue with the running track, how much work is involved in amending the stadium, what are the legalities surrounding our tenancy, will we be looking for another stadium in a number of years time etc?

All we've really had is "we'll be playing in a 60,000 all seater stadium, it'll be great!"
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

sendô wrote:He's probably referring to the lack of detail around the move such as costs, expected returns, ongoing rent, the issue with the running track, how much work is involved in amending the stadium, what are the legalities surrounding our tenancy, will we be looking for another stadium in a number of years time etc?

All we've really had is "we'll be playing in a 60,000 all seater stadium, it'll be great!"
I agree. G & S keep telling us we are skint and If we have to fund say a third of the conversion costs when we can't even afford a left back then how will the team survive at the top level?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Doc H Ball wrote:When 3 times that amount of season ticket holders filled in forms going into the ground you were one of the people that said their vote was unrepresentative.
Just our of interest Doc, how did you know that everyone voting was a season ticket holder?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sorry to interrupt boss but from memory the WHU'sview form had a space for ST / client ref numbers - they did that to avoid duplication .

Anecdotally I can tell you when I did my stint on the Barking road stretch they were all ST holders .

Almost all that I spoke with were against the move, and wanted a proper poll to be conducted .