The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you support the plans by WHUFC's Board of Directors to move the Club to the Olympic Stadium?

Yes
65%
No
23%
Undecided
13%

Total votes: 970

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

Post by btajim - mcfc »

cockneyboy21 wrote:No once again from me, I went to watch the paraolympics and the simple reason its not a football stadium and it wont become a proper football stadium with retractable seating, it will feel plastic and like a temporary home. Personally i cannot stand new stadiums, they have no character and no soul, the emirates feels like your going to the cinema not watching a football match, I like older stadiums, goodison park, fratton park and the Boleyn as they still have a bit of character about them.
I disagree with that comment about Arsenal. I hate the Club but their ground is wonderful. It's still located in a traditional place but with more leg room, a good view and a Pub near the away end. Goodison Park is an absolute dump. And if you're going to QPR soon then have fun in a stand that resembles being built by lego.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Bismillah
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Muddy wrote:And may i add, the only people who want to move are on the net, nobody around my season ticket seat wants to move, i've spoken to loads of people at mathes and in the boozers after and i still ain't talked to anyone who does want to move.
As reflected by WHU's VIEW's poll of season ticket holders and match attenders that showed an 87% no vote.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

brownout wrote:
As reflected by WHU's VIEW's poll of season ticket holders and match attenders that showed an 87% no vote.
Season ticket holders and match attenders are the only people who's opinions count. I know a few will probably take offence to this opinion, but it's true. Moving stadiums really isn't going to affect someone watching on a stream the same way it's going to affect a season ticket holder or a match attender.
OFT
Has liked: 2955 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

No.

I've tried to like the idea,even convinced myself at times it's the correct thing for the club to do, moving forward etc.etc. Ultimately, it feels like a cart before the horse situation to me. Get the club back on an even keel after the recent years of turmoil(TwoDaves are on it I know). Get established in the league, when the place is full and demand outstrips supply, look at the options then.
I realise the O S is one off but it feels like we're trying to move to a bigger house in case we have more kids just because a house is available even though it's not really suitable for how we want to live.

I know what I mean anyway :)
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Muddy wrote: Season ticket holders and match attenders are the only people who's opinions count. I know a few will probably take offence to this opinion, but it's true. Moving stadiums really isn't going to affect someone watching on a stream the same way it's going to affect a season ticket holder or a match attender.
I used to have a Season ticket with my Dad for years, only get to a few matches a Season now but My Dad Brother & I all think the move would be a Good thing as long as the Board get the OS converted as they want. I'm putting my trust in them, maybe I'm being stupid we will have to wait & see.
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

Yes from me. The people I know (all of which are season ticket holders) are in favour as long as we can make the stadium work.
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

WHUTerry wrote:Yes from me. The people I know (all of which are season ticket holders) are in favour as long as we can make the stadium work.
That's the thing mate, I agree we have to have some faith in our owners. What good is a stadium to them that no one wants to go too?
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

the thing I don't understand is all the people saying / voting YES if retractable seating, if cheap prices, if the board listen to fans, etc. well then you should'nt be voting yes you should be voting undecided because none of the IFs you are stating are guaranteed yet :?
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Sawbo »

A resounding yes from me.
As long as they don't hike up the S/T prices
cockneyboy21

Post by cockneyboy21 »

I disagree with that comment about Arsenal. I hate the Club but their ground is wonderful. It's still located in a traditional place but with more leg room, a good view and a Pub near the away end. Goodison Park is an absolute dump. And if you're going to QPR soon then have fun in a stand that resembles being built by lego.
Fair enough, i just personally don't like the experience of the larger leg room and padded seats doesn't seem 'football' to me. Maybe its just me but I like stadiums that are a bit shitty i love the wooden paddock at goodison and the atmosphere you can generate, the same with fratton park its **** but I like it as gives me an insight into football of old that I am not of an old enough age to have experienced
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Yes!
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

brownout"]
Muddy wrote:And may i add, the only people who want to move are on the net, nobody around my season ticket seat wants to move, i've spoken to loads of people at mathes and in the boozers after and i still ain't talked to anyone who does want to move.
OMG!!!! :shock: LOL
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 2918 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

No for the fifth time .

Nothing the club has said , or is that the club has said nothing (?) , has convinced me to either see Stratford as in the clubs best interests ( as opposed to the shareholders best interests) , or, frankly, mine .

I won't be going , I'm already looking forward to the transfer threads on here when the penny drops that we will still be signing players on loan , frees and trialists in a decades time .....and posters will be asking where the money has gone .

You'll get your bike next year ........promise .

Sadly, and this is democracy in action , this excellent websites posters are going to endorse the owners intentions .

I look forward to the "have you bought a ST" thread in about 5 years time on here : I doubt many that are voting yes in this poll will be buying a ST then .I wonder how many do now .

Should make for interesting reading anyway .

Have to hand it to her, Brady's pulled it off .
Mr Mont
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Mr Mont »

As someone who's been trawling around the 'Olympic Stadium' forum for the last few weeks, bleating on about how we should have another Poll, thanks to UTJ for making it happen.

It's a big yes from me. Can't wait to get in there, the arguments about fortress Upton Park and how opposition players are intimidated playing there are about 20 years out of date! The stadium has changed out of all recognition from the 'golden days' of the 70's/80's and the atmosphere has largely gone with it (with the odd exception of course). I will be gutted if the OS goes elsewhere!

Come on Boris, you know it has to be us
pbenjy
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by pbenjy »

Undecided.

I think it is premature to have the poll, before we know for sure how the lower tier seating is going to be arranged football.

If I could be sure that some sort of acceptable retractable seating was to be used it would be a definite yes.
hemelite

Post by hemelite »

Undecided, I want to see the plans first before making up my mind.
Headtheball

Post by Headtheball »

Yes!
Having been to the OS during the Olympics as well, I am firmly in the 'Yes' camp. A once in a lifetime opportunity for us as a club. I trust the 2 Daves and KB to negotiate the best deal to transfer the OS into a 'football ready' stadium. :crest:
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

No. I go to football to watch the game, have a laugh and a joke with my mates and and some friendly banter with opposing fans, everything else is way down on the list of the reasons why I buy 3 season tickets. Why would I want to move to a athletics stadium which offers me an inferior product too the one I currently purchase?