Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

kthammer

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by kthammer »

westhamirish wrote:Yoan Gouffran signed for newcastle for 1.4 million. Wow! what a bargain.
So they won't want Carroll?
westhamirish

Post by westhamirish »

westhamirish wrote:Yoan Gouffran signed for newcastle for 1.4 million. Wow! what a bargain.
kthammer wrote:So they won't want Carroll?
Nah sure he's not French. :)
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

We need a new keeper,2 defenders and a strong midfielder to replace Diame when he goes by Jan 31.

bit concerned with poor displays of late and Sams body language.He seems very downbeat of late.Is he missing Wally Downes i wonder ?
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Major »

I think the main issue people have with numbers in the game is that they can not only question a persons opinion, but can complete blow it out of the water by using objective fact, and people don't like being made to be proved wrong especially where their opinion is concerned which many believe is their god given right to tell the world and is never wrong, when it actually is.

But do you get your stats from Football Manager?

do stats differ from various sources? if so which ones do you believe?

What i am saying is that Wayne Rooney was obviously a great player, no need for numbers and Sandy Clarke was obviously gash.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... on-1551730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

two prem standard defenders for under 8 mil? should be all over this

however why is twitchy bidding 3 mil for ollson and they are saying that will be enough? i thought we went back with 4 and were told 7...
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

From an apparently reliable Arsenal source on twitter.

@GeoffArsenal
Forget about Diame. Not happening
Aiming a lot higher than Diame but finding it difficult in this window for the obvious reasons. Still working hard.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

TurnbullHammer wrote:From an apparently reliable Arsenal source on twitter.

@GeoffArsenal
Aiming a lot higher than Diame but finding it difficult in this window for the obvious reasons. Still working hard.
A lot higher than the man that made Chelsea look average. A lot higher than exactly the type of player they are missing. A lot higher than what they need for 3.5 million. And is already in their city.

My God they are arrogant.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

american 'ammer wrote: A lot higher than the man that made Chelsea look average. A lot higher than exactly the type of player they are missing. A lot higher than what they need for 3.5 million. And is already in their city.

My God they are arrogant.

True, but I think they've got Wanyama in their sights. More expensive but he's good, younger and doesn't have a dodgy ticker..
Diame can be very average at times. He was on the bench for the Chelsea game because he had been awful in the previous couple of games.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

american 'ammer wrote:A lot higher than the man that made Chelsea look average. A lot higher than exactly the type of player they are missing. A lot higher than what they need for 3.5 million. And is already in their city.
Yes, they need someone who is going to do all that consistently.

They have money so they should be spending it
Knaphill

Post by Knaphill »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I wouldn't want to be a snail in Newcastle.
Too funny. It's boom time for those onion sellers on the Toon for sure !!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

TurnbullHammer wrote:From an apparently reliable Arsenal source on twitter.

@GeoffArsenal

The ex Spuds, Real Madrid flop?
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

PrawnSandwich wrote: Didn't we get offered Michu and turn him down as it wasn't thought he'd fit our system or did I imagine that?
I thought Swansea were the only ones to take a punt on him.
What did we need Michu for? We've got Kevin Nolan... :twisted:
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I wouldn't want to be a snail in Newcastle.
Excellent but far too subtle for here... :lol:
whufc1895

Post by whufc1895 »

Brum seem desperate to off load Butland. Wish we would take a punt on this. I have no confidence in Jussi at all. We have done business with them this year by loaning them Ravel and Hall, so could work in our favour. Maybe they will take Piquionne too!!
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

w6hammer wrote:We need a new keeper,2 defenders and a strong midfielder to replace Diame when he goes by Jan 31.

bit concerned with poor displays of late and Sams body language.He seems very downbeat of late.Is he missing Wally Downes i wonder ?
We don't need a new keeper or a replacement for Diame but you hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

Our bad run has coincided with the departure of Wally Downes. Anyone know why he was fired?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

From the answer Allardyce gave in a TV interview last night it suggests that someone is in for Diame - but not Arsenal.

Winston Reid has a groin injury.
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

I have a very good idea, but I'm sure I'm not putting up on here.
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

lets face it, we won't be getting anyone in. For the first time in Sam's reign he has some difficult decisions to make Nolan has to be dropped. If im wrong about not getting anyone in and we do. Tomkins has to go he is ****ing dreadful apparently according to most on here he is better than Ginge no he aint. Jussi needs to be replaced hes a liability now
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Westcliff Hammer wrote:lets face it, we won't be getting anyone in. For the first time in Sam's reign he has some difficult decisions to make Nolan has to be dropped. If im wrong about not getting anyone in and we do. Tomkins has to go he is ****ing dreadful apparently according to most on here he is better than Ginge no he aint. Jussi needs to be replaced hes a liability now
I don't think all is well at the club and I also think there is developing friction between Sam and the board too. If you listen carefully to Sam's comments, the clues are there. Only this morning on the radio, there was a carefully worded swipe at them. " We have been trying to sign a couple of defenders for the past, (erm, I would say) 2 weeks, but the issue is players / finance, finance / players and it is now getting desperate". Read into that what you like, but I know what my take on that is. I also believe his team selection last night was another coded message to them that he is managing a paper thin squad and that he needs replacements and he needs them fast.
Logarithm
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Logarithm »

In that very same interview he says explicitly he doesn't have a problem with the board and he fully understands the situation. He is just annoyed because he wants a player and he hasn't got one.