Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: January Transfer Activity (If any)

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

GK and Central Defender.

A new CD may be more difficult to instantly bed in, so all the money we have should be spent on the best GK we can afford, for now and the future.

Of course, sometimes it is the case that none are available in Jan.

But we need to spend big in these two areas for both now and next year.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Keep what we've got and keep going strong

A full back would be nice though
ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

RM6 wrote:Never going to happen but if we signed Ryan Shawcross I'd drown in my own semen.
Little OTT may I suggest :lol:

Btw, OP, why not change the title of the thread to 'Jan 2012 transfer chat thread' or something and make it the chat thread for now (quoted news only to be in another thread)

Or can a mod do this

ta
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Jose Angel.
Sebastian Corchia.
Iñigo Martínez.
Matt of iron

Re: January 2012 Transfer Chat

Post by Matt of iron »

Centre backs and atleast one full back.
Hammered1

Post by Hammered1 »

Btw, OP, why not change the title of the thread to 'Jan 2012 transfer chat thread' or something and make it the chat thread for now (quoted news only to be in another thread)
Your wish is my command. :D
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Unless Sam can pull a sweet one in from somewhere, clubs in trouble will panic buy at inflated places and that is something we will never do :lol:

Carroll will be a worry though, but I do like Sams plan for him to score nothing until after the transfer window.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Maybe some more cover in defence. I don't see us getting in any goalkeeper than what we already have in January.

p.s. Shouldn't it be January 2013? :D
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

but it will be jan 2013 window???

well if it is 2012 window id say we will make moves for this kid called ravel morrison (bit of a bad lad)

we will sign nicky maynard for a couple mil.. and this richardo vaz te for 500k.. watch him.. hes a bit good

now onto the 2013 window

id love to see us sign a back up keeper on loan .. but mayb if we could find one thats good enough to replace wouldnt be a bad thing... scott carson for me.

Enrique has been mentioned on another thread.. that would be a great signing at LB and rodgers isnt a fan

after that just a back up CB.. we cant really have a 3rd brilliant CB.. we just need someone who could fill in.. thats why im surprised we didnt keep faye or sign D Collins perminately.. we just need someone who can fill in if required
DeanoDeep

Post by DeanoDeep »

RM6 wrote:Never going to happen but if we signed Ryan Shawcross I'd drown in my own semen.

Haha, never say never !

Stranger things have happened. As for GK's, just get Green back. Not doubting Jussi one bit, he saved our butts at QPR, but we could do with a proven keeper in him. I know theres been a thread somewhere on him, but I thought I'd throw it out there again. Who cares he left. Come back Rob, say sorry, you were an idiot for leaving, have make-up-sex with Sam :shock: and everything will be ok
djoe

Post by djoe »

Enrique is a great shout for a left defender.
Warnock could be a cheap option for back up. Where is he ??
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

I don't think we'll go for a goalkeeper. Maybe strike a deal with Green to come back home after the season ends (and QPR go down). Hope that Jussi won't get injured but we still have 24-hour recall option for Henderson and an exciting youngster Spiegel on the bench.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

RM6 wrote:Jose Angel.
Sebastian Corchia.
Iñigo Martínez.
How much Football Manager do you play?
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Re: January 2013 Transfer Chat

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Sign up Carroll and Benayoun, strengthen at the back. Not that we've probably got the money to do all of this.

Go for a new keeper in the summer.
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

I hope you never get to see a nude women, I reckon you might spotaneously combust!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

djoe wrote:Enrique is a great shout for a left defender.
Warnock could be a cheap option for back up. Where is he ??
still at villa.. suffering from the same problem that hutton is... having an arrogent manager

(edit) even worse.. he has been loaned out to bolton! what a waste of a brilliant player.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

ShanghaiHammer wrote:GK and Central Defender.

A new CD may be more difficult to instantly bed in, so all the money we have should be spent on the best GK we can afford, for now and the future.

Of course, sometimes it is the case that none are available in Jan.

But we need to spend big in these two areas for both now and next year.
:thup:
Not sure we need to go massive (status wise that is, not size) in terms of CD, but we could certainly do with an extra body there. Saying that we have Diarra to come in who could make up the numbers there.

I guess I feel the same about CD as elsewhere in the team. Caught in two minds really, as we do need a couple of extra bodies, and you always need to be looking to improve, yet I can't find fault with a single player so far. So whilst we could do with an extra body in CD, I have been impressed with what we have so far, so it's not like we desperately need to plug gaps and replace obvious weak points

I make you right about the GK. Whilst JJ has done okay, he is hardly the long term future. Whether Henderson is, I've no idea, but I'd like us to push the boat out when looking for the long term solution. Not necessarily a Phil Parkes style transfer record, but it is a position that could really make a difference to our already fairly miserly defence. Don't know enough goalies to make a suggestion. i mean, it's not like there are loads of decent British goalies, and I've no idea who is rated around Europe. But of those in the PL, Krul at Newcastle and Vorn at Swansea and ElHabsi at Wigan are 3 'keepers that have stood out to me as at least the level we should be looking at

If we did no other business in january other than making Yossi & Carroll permanent that would be a cracking window for me
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

I always thought Enrique was highly rated? Certainly looks decent most times I've seen him play. Bet he's on massive wages too. No Chance.

Corchia sounds good. Not seen him play but he's ****ing amazing on Football Manager if that's anything to go by.. :lol:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Samba and Cudicini
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Happyhammer52 wrote: How much Football Manager do you play?
:wink: 3/4's of my back 4.
Last edited by RM6 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.