Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Transfer Window: January 2013

Post by HamburgHammer »

That's the skillful midfielder/winger from GAIS Gothenburg who's out of contract in January, and apparently we've had him on trial and Sam wants to sign him, however, other clubs are sniffing around as well, Stuttgart for example, but especially Parma were allegedly leading the race in the negotiations to sign him.
He's definitely one for the future and I wouldn't mind signing him.
Any ITK's out there with an update on where we are with regard to Celik ? Still in the hunt and in with a chance ?
Or are Parma more likely to win his signature so that we will concentrate our efforts in January to sign Andy Johnson and/or Liam Ridgewell ???
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Any news on Mervan Celik ?

Post by Northammer »

I'm interested in this too, and I wonder what our Swedish friends have to say about him.

But I'm sure the question is one for the transfer-thread.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Thought he signed for an italian team ?
Northammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

After a quick search, it seems Parma have now turned their attention towards another attacking player from the Swedish league (David Löfquist).

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.2375587 ... officiellt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1305 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I have no news on Mervan Celik.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Korea Hammer wrote:I have no news on Mervan Celik.
Very thoughtful of you to share this with us, I'm sure everybody interested in this can sleep calmly now that we are no longer in the dark...please do get back to us as soon as you find out anything about Mervan Celik signing for us or not...
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

The latest news I can find in Swedish press is from last week and just tells us that the negotiation with Parma is close to be done. After that: silence.
Two years ago there was a lot talk about us and another Swede: RB Mikael Lustig. As he has been very good in the national team it would have been a good buy. But he has today " signed" for Celtic.
Starkey

Post by Starkey »

Korea Hammer wrote:I have no news on Mervan Celik.

Mmmmm interesting. I would like to also add I have no news on Anton Hysen
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

Mervan Celik - is it an anagram?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Bishops Finger wrote:Mervan Celik - is it an anagram?
That's what I thought too!
Hayden
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

A Clever Mink
bobd_uk
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

If Parma are legitimately in for him, then I doubt we stand a chance. Unfortunate effect of not being in the PL!
ginghamdress
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by ginghamdress »

Correct, he is none other than Vicar Ken Elm, that bloke from Eastenders that's after Dots sister.
ekavall

Post by ekavall »

Swedish press today reports that Parma have signed the other Swede Löfkvist that someone mentioned above. Then the deal with Celik is probably off....So who knows, things might still happen in January. Or a deal might already have been struck?
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Like many said before me, it´s been totaly silent for a while, I´ll check if my GAIS mates knows anything, but a few weeks ago they said Parma was a done deal, don´t know now since they´ve signed löfquist, who i know next to nothing about. Brilliant signing by Celtic by the way, Lustig is a great RB.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1305 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Hayden wrote:quote="Bishops Finger"Mervan Celik - is it an anagram?

A Clever Mink
:clap:

n.b. Still no news here, I'm afraid.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

According to Italian football blog "forzaitalianfootball.com" Mervan Celik HAS signed for Parma:

"Tommaso Ghirardi is disappointed with the lack of fight his team showed during their defeat to Novara on Saturday and has said that Sampdoria’s midfield general Angelo Palombo could be the perfect man to bolster his side in the middle of the park. After confirming the signing of Swedish midfielder Mervan Celik already, he hopes that Palombo will follow suit to the Ennio Tardini but has conceded it may be difficult."

Well, this one seems to have slipped underneath our radar then...shame really, would have fitted with us, giving us some pace and style, let's see what Big Sam and the Davids come up with in January window as alternatives...
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

HamburgHammer wrote:According to Italian football blog "forzaitalianfootball.com" Mervan Celik HAS signed for Parma:

"Tommaso Ghirardi is disappointed with the lack of fight his team showed during their defeat to Novara on Saturday and has said that Sampdoria’s midfield general Angelo Palombo could be the perfect man to bolster his side in the middle of the park. After confirming the signing of Swedish midfielder Mervan Celik already, he hopes that Palombo will follow suit to the Ennio Tardini but has conceded it may be difficult."

Well, this one seems to have slipped underneath our radar then...shame really, would have fitted with us, giving us some pace and style, let's see what Big Sam and the Davids come up with in January window as alternatives...
I'm not saying it's untrue, but I doubt it very much. Not a single hint in any Swedish papers, football sitesor bloggs. Not in his hometown (Gothenburg) or from those who follow Gais (his club) or his own FB. We'll see...
Hammered1

January 2013:Transfer Window Thread (Rumour and Confirmed)

Post by Hammered1 »

With six to seven weeks to go to the opening of the January Transfer window, and no doubt Sam is working on improvements to the squad already, I was just going through the team/squad to see if there are any areas which could be strengthened or players let go, I dont see us spending too much and as a squad for a newly promoted side its pretty strong, but here's my views.

Goalkeeper, I believe we should perhaps try to get someone on loan, as cover for Jussi and leave Henderson to play at Ipswich for the rest of the season.

Defence, for me the centre half positions are covered, and although the majority on here, and myself, were very worried at the lack of strength at full back, I think Demel & OBrien are more than capable at right and McCartney has had a good steady season so far, but I think we need a bit more cover a left back.

Midfield, for me unless you are to spend miilions, which we are not, there is no need to strengthen, except for signing Yossi permanently.

Forwards, and again for me there is no need to strengthen, we have Carroll & Cole, and to change things a bit Maiga.

Bench, this has got to be one of the strongest benches we have had in a long, long while, a mix of experience and Youth and all bodes well.

So for me, two loan signings of a goalkeeper and left back would suffice. I also can't see too many leaving, perhaps Cole, O'Neill, Taylor, but to be honest I can see a quiet Transfer window ahead.

Of course this will all go to t**s up if we get any more long term injuries. :crest:
Last edited by Hammered1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
RM6

Re: January Transfer Activity (If any)

Post by RM6 »

Never going to happen but if we signed Ryan Shawcross I'd drown in my own semen.