Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

continental skills
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by continental skills »

JuniorBilly wrote:Pretty sure the player mentioned was Ziegler, former Spuds left back who joined Fernebache on loan from Juve.
Make you right here.
Pretty sure also he was who we were angling after in the summer when there was a lot of fuss about Allardyce in Italy and being linked to Juventus players.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Mark32 wrote:Confirmed by David Sullivan that the player that went to Turkey was Zieglar...
As per http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126711.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
The Hammers boss chased several full-backs during January including Blackburn's Martin Olsson, Juve's Reto Ziegler and Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock - and was strongly linked with a move for Olsson's team mate at Ewood Park, Paul Robinson - but was left frustrated having failed to land any of them.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Am I right in thinking that every transfer fee and all the wages are coming out of Gold and Sullivan's pockets as all the money the club makes is paying off the debt or did I just make that up?

If so, I've been too critical of them, while they're rich, they're not rich in football owner terms and I doubt they have lots of spare cash sitting in banks. A lot of their net worth is probably tied up in assets.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Up the Junction wrote:
The Hammers boss chased several full-backs during January including Blackburn's Martin Olsson, Juve's Reto Ziegler and Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock - and was strongly linked with a move for Olsson's team mate at Ewood Park, Paul Robinson - but was left frustrated having failed to land any of them.
And who is the Left-Back from Olympiacos mentioned here by Sullivan?: :think:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... indow.html

"We had a deal for the Olympiacos left back, but when Warnock said yes, we scrapped that. Then, when we tried to get the other deal back on, the chap had gone somewhere else."
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

£100 million in debt again! I thought we were paying it off and it was down to a piffling £70 million......
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

Mike420 wrote:Am I right in thinking that every transfer fee and all the wages are coming out of Gold and Sullivan's pockets as all the money the club makes is paying off the debt or did I just make that up?

If so, I've been too critical of them, while they're rich, they're not rich in football owner terms and I doubt they have lots of spare cash sitting in banks. A lot of their net worth is probably tied up in assets.
I don't think that's totally true. I think they've dipped into their pockets for one or two individual deals but the majority have been done through the club.
Freezer

Post by Freezer »

Signing AC on a permanent according to Sky in the summer. Surely not for the full £17mill
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Mike420 wrote:Am I right in thinking that every transfer fee and all the wages are coming out of Gold and Sullivan's pockets as all the money the club makes is paying off the debt or did I just make that up?

This is a question in my mind too Mike, with my profession (accountancy, but not a qualified accountant), I know that the owners cannot simply put money into the club out of their pockets without it being recorded in our books (interest bearing or interest free loan or such), if they put in say 10M out of their pockets into the club, it increases our net worth and accordingly, if it is not a directors loan into the club, then the Icelandics (and other minor shareholders) would need to match it pro-rata to maintian their investments into the club.

I seem to recall seeing a few loans from Directors (owners) (both interest and non-interest bearing) within the past couple of years of accounts, so it is my thought that everytime they dip their hands into their pockets to buy us a player or bail us out, then it is made via a loan basis, hence our indebtedness increases, or at least who the club owes the debt to changes if they are paying off a previous loan (ie Shitfield Utd's Tevezgate money).

So whilst I applaude having the Dave's as owners, who are willing to continue to help us, I do feel they put too much positive spin on their "we paid out of our pockets/savings line", as technically, they are loaning the club money, probably with a preferred status, which means if they sell, they will get back every penny loaned to the club. The positive is that if it is interest free, then it is a cheap way for the club to aquire cash so we can trade.

Maybe Pinky or another more qualified poster can elaborate more?
Last edited by Absentee Hammer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4252 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

smuts wrote:£100 million in debt again! I thought we were paying it off and it was down to a piffling £70 million......
:D It's really wearing thin, isn't it?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Freezer wrote:Signing AC on a permanent according to Sky in the summer. Surely not for the full £17mill
If true, then that's our entire summer budget gone in one fell swoop. Don't expect anyone else in, unless it is a loan or a Bosman and Jussi's one year contract renewed for a further year
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

WestHamIFC wrote:And who is the Left-Back from Olympiacos mentioned here by Sullivan?: :think
Most likely Vasilis Torosidis http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4102/tra ... is-signing
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

People wonder why we aren't paying massive transfer fees, we're paying £6million for ****ing Tevez this summer. Headbanger

That's money that could've been used for Butland AND a left back.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: If true, then that's our entire summer budget gone in one fell swoop. Don't expect anyone else in, unless it is a loan or a Bosman and Jussi's one year contract renewed for a further year
We have no idea what the fee will be, so do try and have a lie down. Everyone has just finished panicking over not bringing in Jack "The Golden Child" Butland (whom we were never linked with) and Leftback Kickaball, so let them take a breather before you recommend we will crash and burn this summer.
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Freezer wrote:Signing AC on a permanent according to Sky in the summer. Surely not for the full £17mill
Quoting from the Daily Mail article David Sullivan wrote. He says there's an agreement between Liverpool and West Ham, which we know there is of £17 Million, but there's also not an agreement between the player and West Ham.

"West Ham have an agreement with Liverpool to sign him at the end of the season, but we have no agreement with the player."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8461636/?
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

Sullivan seems to add £10 million onto our total debt every time he talks about it!
Absentee Hammer

Mark32 wrote: Most likely Vasilis Torosidis http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4102/tra ... is-signing

Looks like you found the right player Mark, I dnot know anything about him, but I read he is right footed, similar to our own JO'B and can play across the back 4, also midfield and a RW, so a versitile player!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

oh BORE OFF sully senior!

Fulham have ZERO debt and made a profit last year..and dont exist on end of contract freebies and loan players......THATS OWNERSHIP..get your ****ing act together and stop whingeing... :crest:
Absentee Hammer

Puff Daddy wrote: If true, then that's our entire summer budget gone in one fell swoop. Don't expect anyone else in, unless it is a loan or a Bosman and Jussi's one year contract renewed for a further year
As we do not have the agreement with AC himself, then we can get out of the option to buy with Liverpool by offering AC a quid a week to sign with us, he will refuse, then we send him back. 5 mins later we call Liverpool and offer them what we think he is now worth and offer AC a more acceptable wage to do the deal.

The agreement with Liverpool for 17M just covered our arses incase he came good and banged in 50 goals this season (ha ha), so we then have a fixed deal to buy him.

As it stands, unless he comes good for the remainder of the season, we will not be spending 17M on him this summer.
Absentee Hammer

w4hammer wrote:oh BORE OFF sully senior!
I do hope this is a troll w4hammer, how can they control the idiots they bought the club from who got us into this mess??
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2634 likes
Total likes: 1176 likes

Post by EvilC »

Absentee Hammer wrote:As we do not have the agreement with AC himself, then we can get out of the option to buy with Liverpool by offering AC a quid a week to sign with us, he will refuse, then we send him back. 5 mins later we call Liverpool and offer them what we think he is now worth and offer AC a more acceptable wage to do the deal.

The agreement with Liverpool for 17M just covered our arses incase he came good and banged in 50 goals this season (ha ha), so we then have a fixed deal to buy him.

As it stands, unless he comes good for the remainder of the season, we will not be spending 17M on him this summer.
If we have the option an it is an option then we can simply not exercise it.