Transfer Window: January 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: The January 2013 transfer window

Post by Hammer83 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Roby's post above raises a question. Why didn't we keep Faye ? A big, bruising, battle hardened centre back of the likes, I would have thought we could well do with. I would prefer him over Tomkins any day of the week
Because Faye isn't good enough for the premier league anymore that is why Stoke dumped him in the championship just like we did the following season.He was far too slow off the ball and far too casual on it making vital mistakes at the end of the season.
Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

Any news on Chris Samba or is this on hold to the summer?
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... st-1531333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's Amore! Everton set to battle Norwich, West Ham and Stoke for Fernando Amorebieta
12 Jan 2013 22:30

Athletic Bilbao's 27-year-old Venezuelan defender only has six months on his contract and would cost around £400,000
Logarithm
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Logarithm »

Marseille have comfirmed they've accepted an offer from Newcastle for Loic Remy at around £8.5m.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -Loic-Remy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although pace would be lovely I'm glad we didn't go for him. Better off saving up for Falcao.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Finally Remy is going to have his move to England. Sorry it's up North.
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

A few rumours over here that we´re trying to get Guidetti on loan from man City. Very talented striker but can´t see him fit in Sams plans, he´s very much striker in the Maynard/Baldock mould, albeit better. Besides, are we even allowed to loan more players from the PL?
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

Who kept sayin Faye was better than Collins in the summer? :lol:
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

All of a sudden a defender or two becomes our priority.Ideally we`ll get Olsson and a centre back who will compete with our existing ones.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

Is Krul out of favour at Newcastle still? He was excellent for them last year.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Voronin wrote:A few rumours over here that we´re trying to get Guidetti on loan from man City. Very talented striker but can´t see him fit in Sams plans, he´s very much striker in the Maynard/Baldock mould, albeit better. Besides, are we even allowed to loan more players from the PL?
and even assuming that we did manage to get him, what is Big Sam gonna do with him ? play him up top on his own ?
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

mcinerney7 wrote:we need to play two upfront, and we need someone who can finish like when we had sheringham, he use to put away all his chances with us :) good memories
We can't sacrifice one of the three in the middle though. This is the problem. Even with Diame and Noble in the side we are too weak for this league.

So to play two up top we would have to play wing backs (which is an option with three fit and good centre backs and players like Demel and Taylor) but I can never see Sam trying this as he loves his flat back four with two holding players protecting them (or not protecting them at all - as the case was yesterday).
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

Voronin wrote:A few rumours over here that we´re trying to get Guidetti on loan from man City. Very talented striker but can´t see him fit in Sams plans, he´s very much striker in the Maynard/Baldock mould, albeit better. Besides, are we even allowed to loan more players from the PL?
I suggest you delete every site that links us with a loan move inside of Premier League.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

PrinceH wrote:Finally Remy is going to have his move to England. Sorry it's up North.
Sorry? Don't be.

I couldn't be more happier that we're not going to be linked with him anymore. Don't really know what all the fuss is about :?
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Puff Daddy wrote:
and even assuming that we did manage to get him, what is Big Sam gonna do with him ? play him up top on his own ?
That was my point.
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

Seems like Marseille need to sell and we could maybe snag one of their defenders...Rod Fanni or Nicolas N'Koulou anyone?
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

indiehammer wrote:
Sorry? Don't be.
Well, I trust in you. I like his speed, and he is certainly not without power, but may still be to be weak for the PL defenders - let's see if he turns out to be a new Henry or not, and hope you're right.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

view from the shires wrote:Is Krul out of favour at Newcastle still? He was excellent for them last year.
By out of favour do you mean injured?
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

BostonHammer wrote:Seems like Marseille need to sell and we could maybe snag one of their defenders...Rod Fanni or Nicolas N'Koulou anyone?
Weren't we linked with Fanni before?

(Yeah, I know, I know......)
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I heard Fanni is a bit of a **** :P
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

view from the shires wrote:Is Krul out of favour at Newcastle still? He was excellent for them last year.
Krul has never been out of favour at Newcastle. He's been their #1 for 2 or 3 seasons now.