Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

buffybegood

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by buffybegood »

Sir_Trevor wrote:
I've got a feeling that you have to include any senior players on your books if you haven't got to the 25 even if they are injured. But I might be talking bo##ocks as usual.
I read the same thing. Would be very annoying if he was our 25th player and thus stopped us getting a freebie in (well, Diarra's pretty annoying anyway, but you know what I'm saying).
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

WCpete wrote:Saw this elsewhere. Not sure how accurate it is. Nonetheless, the "still available Bosmans" starting eleven.
Mostly just a list of "names"

The last time Gordon played five games a row was about 2010, wouldn't go near him
Revelliere is past it
Gallas still has a year or two left but would want silly wages
Fredrich - Past it
Davies couldn't get in the Fulham team, old as well and would add nothing to us
Benayoun creative yes, genius at time but would want silly money, also may just be me, I don't expect players to have tons of loyalty but his attitude does disgust me
Sissoho, come off silly wages at PSG 80k
Petric - would take on a one or two year deal
Iaquinta - Past it

Most of them are old, past it, big wages, would still want decent money per week and also want a two/three year deal for security and no way should we offer any ageing player that long of deal, most of them aren't an upgrade on what we have.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

I'd definitely take marica, can't believe he hasn't been snapped up yet..maybe Rat can put in a good word for him
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

claretcloggy wrote:I'd definitely take marica, can't believe he hasn't been snapped up yet..maybe Rat can put in a good word for him
Whats he like Claret?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

claretcloggy wrote:I'd definitely take marica, can't believe he hasn't been snapped up yet..maybe Rat can put in a good word for him
Serious question - if the Romanian captain can't get in the team, what chance has this bloke ?
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

is that the Petric who played for Fulham ? if so he would do us a turn short term.

Heidar Helgusson also bearing in mind the situation we are in.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Maric scored 5 in 35 at Schalke and 19 in 93 at Stuttgart. Basically 1 in every 6 over the the past 6 years. N ot exactly prolific.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Regarding FFP, if we are close to the 52 million then I would have thought the best route for us would be to stop at 52,000,001 so that we qualify for the extra 4 million next time around? Of course this is hoping we don't get shafted for being a quid over the 52 million.

How else are you supposed to make the move up from the 52 million level to getting an extra 4 million (aside from additional revenue)? If teams can't move up then all FFP is doing is freezing everyone in the position they were when the rules came into force. Surely not the intention.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

WCpete wrote:Maric scored 5 in 35 at Schalke and 19 in 93 at Stuttgart. Basically 1 in every 6 over the the past 6 years. N ot exactly prolific.
I had him on FM 2007 and his pace and acceleration were brilliant, as was his first touch and dribbling. His finishing was 8/20...
RichHam

Post by RichHam »

I love that people are moaning that the strikers we are being linked with aren't prolific. We are looking at free transfers, of course they're not prolific!!! The fact is if they were, they wouldn't be on a bosman.

The whole reason we are looking at free agents is not to pick up a prolific striker, but so that we have more than two strikers on our books!!!

Marica is just about the best option out there at the minute and the fact that we have a former club mate and current international team mate on our team means that we stand a good chance of getting him in.

The only other two available forward men out there that have really done anything with their careers are Riccardo Quaresma (who isnt exactly an out and out striker) and Artem Milevskiy (who although having a good record in his native ukraine, has only ever played in the ukraine so could he cut it abroad?)

After weighing up our options, i would get behind Marica 100% were he to sign. So he isnt a superstar striker, but how many times have we seen players come into this club, work hard and become a hero?!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Marica is a decent target man, so will fit the bill. He's very good at getting other people involved, so someone like Nolan will be able to play off him. I'd have thought his situation would be similar to Carlton's though, i.e not match fit.
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

say that we magically now have some money to offer for a contract longer than 3 months, and say that either of the two names would pass the suddenly ultra-tight new west ham "fitness test", wouldn't it be petric the most logical solution? already played in the PL, and wasn't bad last year at fulham.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Worth looking at Ivan Klasnic, played with Bolton, tall enough, think he can do a job

Well if Liverpool were going to use him after they lost Carroll :D

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... igrAj-gpI8
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

So, just to narrow it down.
We need a tall striker, that is match fit, can pass the beep test & is a free agent & is cheap.....
Did I miss anything?
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Nope. Have you got one?
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Look I know we're pretty solid at the back but is anyone else mystified as to why, when we at last have signed an proper left back with a proper left foot, he's being kept out of the team by JOB? Nothing against JOB who always does a good job but he's our utility man who can cover several different positions. Rat must wondering why he's being kept on the sidelines by a right-footed left back too! Playing devils advocate did Sam actually want him or is this another Dave's signing! Still he'll get a game in our reserves v Cardiff!
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

hammerleroy wrote:...JOB who always does a good job
There's your answer
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Heysel76 wrote:So, just to narrow it down.
We need a tall striker, that is match fit, can pass the beep test & is a free agent & is cheap.....
Did I miss anything?
Yep, he's got to be happy to get splinters in his arse when AC is fit
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

hammerleroy wrote:Look I know we're pretty solid at the back but is anyone else mystified as to why, when we at last have signed an proper left back with a proper left foot, he's being kept out of the team by JOB? Nothing against JOB who always does a good job but he's our utility man who can cover several different positions. Rat must wondering why he's being kept on the sidelines by a right-footed left back too! Playing devils advocate did Sam actually want him or is this another Dave's signing! Still he'll get a game in our reserves v Cardiff!
To be fair I think Sam sticks with players that are playing well, and has an ethos that if your doing well you keep your shirt, if your out the side and get a chance you need to keep it, good management I say.

Job has done nothing wrong to be dropped, rat will have to bide his time
Last edited by Ozza on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

scatts wrote:Regarding FFP, if we are close to the 52 million then I would have thought the best route for us would be to stop at 52,000,001 so that we qualify for the extra 4 million next time around? Of course this is hoping we don't get shafted for being a quid over the 52 million.

How else are you supposed to make the move up from the 52 million level to getting an extra 4 million (aside from additional revenue)? If teams can't move up then all FFP is doing is freezing everyone in the position they were when the rules came into force. Surely not the intention.
You get it automatically, everyone gets it.