Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by rigoberts song »

Has SWP signed yet heard Carricks having his medical along with Eidur
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

Jordan Rhodes will be this year's Eidur.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

from the BBC

"FOOTBALL
West Ham United are poised to sign Andy Carroll on a permanent basis, reports the Newcastle Chronicle.

The paper says West Ham have planned talks with their former striker - who is on loan at Upton Park from Liverpool - before he plays for against Reading on Sunday in the Hammers' final game of the season.

A £17m fee for the 24-year-old's services has already been agreed between Liverpool - who signed him from Newcastle for £35m - and West Ham."
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

That seems to agree with this article:

EXCLUSIVE: Andy Carroll hoping to hammer home West Ham switch from Liverpool

ANDY CARROLL is close to completing a deal to move to West Ham on a permanent transfer.

The England striker desperately wants to stay at Upton Park, having developed a strong relationship with manager Sam Allardyce after joining on loan.

Liverpool want £17million for him, but West Ham have offered only £10m for a player who left Newcastle two and a half years ago for £35m, still the record for a British player .

West Ham are hoping that a deal for about £12m will persuade Anfield manager Brendan Rodgers to sell, especially as he is adamant he wants the forward out of his club. Carroll scored just six league goals for the Reds but, since moving to East London, has begun to flourish, and his form in the past few weeks has been eye-catching.

It took the striker until November to find the net for the Hammers after his season-long loan move, and he finished the season with only seven Premier League goals. But he has started to blossom under Allardyce, and with former Magpies team-mate Kevin Nolan alongside him

Carroll, 24, has now told his agent to secure a permanent switch to the Hammers and Allardyce is determined to sign the striker at what he believes would be a bargain fee.

The striker has been involved in numerous off-the-pitch controversies since breaking into Newcastle’s team back in 2006, including fracturing defender Steven Taylor’s jaw during an altercation at the Magpies’ training ground three years ago.

But he believes he has matured and his behaviour has improved significantly since moving to the capital, while his performances in the last quarter of the season were increasingly effective.

Now hopeful of an international recall, Carroll wants the deal to be completed before Roy Hodgson’s England squad travel to South America for their post-season mini-tour.

Former club Newcastle have also shown an interest in Gateshead-born Carroll but, now, would struggle to meet his £90,000-a-week wages.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ll+Feed%29

Interesting to see whether this means something has changed from someone or if it's all a rouse to get Newcastle to step up their efforts.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Now is the time to invest in quality , and if we blow most of our kitty on Andy Carroll , then great , he is only 24 , then next year we can add another piece of quality to the jigsaw , and the same the following year , it's the only way of challenging for any honours as well as retaining Premiership standing .
Quality , not dross .
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I would love to see AC's permanent signing confirmed on the pitch on Sunday before we tear those Berkshire Hunts a new one.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Now is the time to invest in quality , and if we blow most of our kitty on Andy Carroll , then great , he is only 24 , then next year we can add another piece of quality to the jigsaw , and the same the following year , it's the only way of challenging for any honours as well as retaining Premiership standing .
Quality , not dross .
I agree that anything under £15 million has to be a bargain. Yes, other people have got better bargains: Beneteke £7m Michu £2 million (I think) but this would be a Spuds kind of buy. Pay a reasonable amount for a young player. An England striker aged 24 with all the physical attributes can only get better. Even if he's just the next Emile Heskey or Peter Crouch, that wouldn't be a bad investment. Mind you, I would also like us to lose Carlton, Maiga, Chamakh etc and get in fresh striking blood.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

my mates son has just signed for the club at 9 years of age - they offered him tickets to the wigan game and he said ' no thanks ' ......one of the coaches asked him who he supported and he said Barca & Man City (his mum)......everyone said fair enough and chuckled. he will be the next julian dicks keep an ear out for him Archie Kieran - you heard it here first

a couple of years ago we gave him all of my sons west ham kits handed down and he supported us for about a year - which was hilarious until my mate got my son to support arsenal for 10 weeks.
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Hammers open Carroll talks

West Ham have opened negotiations with Liverpool in an "under the radar" bid to seal Andy Carroll's arrival at Upton Park.

Talks have been contining for a week but both clubs have admitted privately there may some way to go before a deal is agreed, with Liverpool wanting around £15 million.

However, that is encouraging for the Hammers as the price has already dropped £2 million on the £17 million 'first option' fee agreed between the two clubs when the player arrived on loan.

And Sports Direct News can confirm that currently the Londoners are the only club in talks with Anfield officials.

Newcastle United have long been thought to be ready to get involved and some bookmaking foirms have them at odds on and the Hammers around 9/4 to get the big striker.

As yet, however, there is no move from any other club to get involved and the Hammers want to keep it that way.

An Upton Park insider said: "As we have told your website before, Andy is a big player in our terms. He's the 'must have' player as far as Sam Allardyce is concerned.

"We are doing absolutely everything in our power to make this happen as soon as possible.

"We are trying to steal a march on everybody else. Let's hope there can be a fast agreement. We are doing our best."

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... -talks.php
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

"Under the radar" ?
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I would love to see AC's permanent signing confirmed on the pitch on Sunday before we tear those Berkshire Hunts a new one.
Carroll is reported as saying he wants to go on holiday, think about his future and discuss it friends, as I have said before Andy Carroll is only interested in himself, we should pay no more than £10 million to Liverpool for him, but the real problem for me is his £90,000 weekly salary, he is no way worth that! it sends out the completely wrong message to any players who join us, 7 goals in 23 games???
Halfwhere
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Halfwhere »

Sign him up. Give him 60k a week. Good goal bonuses and also a decent signing on fee. He could go on to become a true legend. Got to love his fighting spirit.
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Sean Rogers ‏@Sean_Rogers 14m
not mega news but Figueroa deffo off to west ham on a bosman should be official soon

My mate reckons hes a good source.
Snudge
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Snudge »

I will dance around naked with a pink tassel hanging off of my willy if these stories about Carroll are true.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Snudge wrote:I will dance around naked with a pink tassel hanging off of my willy if these stories about Carroll are true.
If you do, just tell us and we'll believe you. No need to post pictures or videos etc...
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Hasn't that guy got something to do with David Gold as well? Doesn't mean we'll sign him of course but encouraging that we're trying to get him. I woud be so happy if we got him on a permanent... we can't lose him!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

EastLondonHammer wrote:Sean Rogers ‏@Sean_Rogers 14m
not mega news but Figueroa deffo off to west ham on a bosman should be official soon
No disrespect to you ELH, but this fella is (in his own words) first team coach at Buckley Town - who, a quick search reveals, play in the Cymru Alliance.

If we have to persist with Twitter-based speculation, can we at least stick to accepted sources this window? FWIW the Figueroa story has been around for weeks now.
Snudge
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Snudge »

Billy Hunt wrote: If you do, just tell us and we'll believe you. No need to post pictures or videos etc...
But I fort dem were da rules innit?
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Snudge wrote:
But I fort dem were da rules innit?
Je ne comprends pas!?

Goal.com think we're one of the clubs looking to get Lukaku for the next year but if he goes on loan again i think he'll go back to WBA
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=HP_HL_1
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Even at the full £17m Carroll will seem worth it once the increased TV revenue pushes fees through the roof.