Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

trick88

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by trick88 »

BLT319 wrote:Yea I can't see that happening, 36 years old and coming to the premier league, but what about Mathieu Flamini. His contract has also run out, and only 29.
Would be a great appointment but out of a price range for his wages i'm guessing and even then i think he would want to go to a club playing european football.. Maybe Wigan??
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

According to Lee Clayton on twatter we have asked Chelsea about loaning Lukaku next season.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Can't help wondering if Hall might be a makeweight for someone like Lee Chung-Yong.....
Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

West Ham prepare for life after Carroll by moving for Chelsea hotshot Lukaku... and AC Milan's Ambrosini could follow him

West Ham have asked Chelsea if they can take Romelu Lukaku on loan next season.

In an ambitious move, they have also asked if their London neighbours would consider a permanent deal for the striker, who would fetch around £20m on the open market.

Swansea have also posted their interest in Lukaku and, alerted to his continuing availability, West Ham have asked to be kept informed of developments.

Chelsea have responded by saying nothing will been decided about Lukaku until a new manager is appointed.

The Belgian striker, 20, has been a revelation this season at West Brom, where he has scored 14 goals this season.

Ironically, he had two quiet games against West Ham, but manager Sam Allardyce has been impressed enough to show interest.

With Carlton Cole out of contract in the summer and Andy Carroll’s arrival from Liverpool still some way from the finishing line, Lukaku would be an attractive alternative, even on a year-long loan.

Liverpool have been asking for £17m for Carroll but West Ham will not pay that, even though he has been a success since arriving from Anfield.

The agent of AC Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini, meanwhile, has also confirmed there is interest from Upton Park.

Moreno Roggi said: 'The situation is the same as in the past few years, there are clubs interested in him, but first he’ll sit down with [Milan Vice-President Adriano] Galliani.

'Milan is like a family for him and, after almost 20 years together, it is right that a decision on his future is made jointly.

'West Ham? The interest is real, as is that of other clubs but Everything however has been put on hold until after the final game of the season. Let us not forget that Milan are still fighting to finish third.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Oldun wrote:According to Lee Clayton on twatter we have asked Chelsea about loaning Lukaku next season.
Couldn't even tell you why, but I actually don't think loans like this are a good idea when it comes to your main striker. Carroll is different because there was/is a chance of signing him at the end of it. But having someone - even someone as good as Lukaku - just for one season...nah
NultiplyWHU

Post by NultiplyWHU »

would be nice to have our main striker on a permanent deal rather than all this speculation at the end of the season!
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Can't help wondering if Hall might be a makeweight for someone like Lee Chung-Yong.....
I would have thought that being as it is Bolton that we may wave the transfer fee due for a youngster on the understanding we get a sell on fee or 1st refusal on him ?
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

I would rather have Carroll on a permanent deal tbh and surely we can better than Ambrosini at his age.
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

We might as well sell Hall if we have no intention of ever playing him in the first team.
BromleyHammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by BromleyHammer »

EastLondonHammer wrote:We might as well sell Hall if we have no intention of ever playing him in the first team.
Has anyone considered that he might not be good enough for the first team, or Premier League. He had some good performances at Birmingham, but hardly got a sniff at Bolton. I can't think of one, bar Matt Holland and Leon Briton who we have released who has gone on to ply their trade at Premier league club.

I grew up when Joe Cole was bursting on to the scene, and his early career with us left me feeling a bit "meh", that's why I am cautious of over hyping our young players. Anyone remember N'Gala, Hines, Sears, Stainislas?
TheEssexZidane

Post by TheEssexZidane »

Aceface wrote: Couldn't even tell you why, but I actually don't think loans like this are a good idea when it comes to your main striker. Carroll is different because there was/is a chance of signing him at the end of it. But having someone - even someone as good as Lukaku - just for one season...nah
Kind of agree with you. Without Lukaku this year WBA may have struggled in a relegation battle (couldn't see them going down) and his goals have probably earnt them a few million extra in league position. But next year they've got to try and fill that void which could lead into a poor season if they don't invest well.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Gotta love the Daves transfer policy can we have x on loan and we will buy him at the end of the season.The end of the season arrives oh we can't afford him move on to player y rinse and repeat :lol:

It's a crap policy because we will never own our own striker the most important position in a team like ours.Put the money down like you agreed or don't bother IMO.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Hammer83 wrote:Gotta love the Daves transfer policy can we have x on loan and we will buy him at the end of the season.The end of the season arrives oh we can't afford him move on to player y rinse and repeat :lol:

It's a crap policy because we will never own our own striker the most important position in a team like ours.Put the money down like you agreed or don't bother IMO.
It's pretty embarrassing.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Hammer83 wrote:Gotta love the Daves transfer policy can we have x on loan and we will buy him at the end of the season.The end of the season arrives oh we can't afford him move on to player y rinse and repeat :lol:

Trevor Francis banged on about this after the play off last year. Saying how reluctant they are to actually pay for players.

In regards to Hall, trust Sam's judgement over a few YouTube clips and reserve games. I'd say most he has got rid of, seem to be the correct decision. Just because he is one of our own, doesn't mean he will cut it.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Hammer83 wrote:Gotta love the Daves transfer policy can we have x on loan and we will buy him at the end of the season.The end of the season arrives oh we can't afford him move on to player
This season has become crazy! how some feel we should sign a striker whatever the signing on fee & the weekly salary! if we had that type of money then we would be in the Top 6 and we are not! We need a striker that can score regularly, that is perhaps why we only scored 41 goals!
Last edited by jaybs on Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Since the Dave's took over I think we have ended every transfer window in a better position than we started it. I don't think there's much wrong with how they operate in that area.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Hammer83 wrote:Gotta love the Daves transfer policy can we have x on loan and we will buy him at the end of the season.The end of the season arrives oh we can't afford him move on to player
To be honest, I don't think there will be any real interest in Lukaku, and even if there is, he won't come here. I think it's likely a red herring to help the Carroll negotiations.
TheEssexZidane

Post by TheEssexZidane »

By transfer policy you mean one deal and one Twitter rumour?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

BromleyHammer wrote: Has anyone considered that he might not be good enough for the first team, or Premier League. He had some good performances at Birmingham, but hardly got a sniff at Bolton. I can't think of one, bar Matt Holland and Leon Briton who we have released who has gone on to ply their trade at Premier league club.

I grew up when Joe Cole was bursting on to the scene, and his early career with us left me feeling a bit "meh", that's why I am cautious of over hyping our young players. Anyone remember N'Gala, Hines, Sears, Stainislas?
Exactly. he's yet another little short arse turned out from that academy isn''t he ? I saw him at Crawley a couple of years ago, when he went out on loan to Oxford. Like all Tony Carr's prodigees, he has a future in the game, no concerns there, but he didn't look anywhere near Premiership standard. What is it with our academy that it only turn's out short arses ?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

That Tomkins is a right shortarse! Collison too!