Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by Puff Daddy »

thejackhammer wrote:That Tomkins is a right shortarse! Collison too!
How many others can you think of who are over 6'ft ?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

thejackhammer wrote:That Tomkins is a right shortarse! Collison too!
Yep. Following in the path of midgets like Rio

:lol:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Bondz N'Gala, Anton Ferdinand, Elliot Ward, Junior Stanislas (according to Wiki, not so sure myself), Dylan Tombides, Jordan Spence, there's more but I can't be bothered to check if I'm right on them. I'm Rob Hall's height, so we see height from a different perspective :lol:
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Probably just more media hype due to the Diame release clause and imminent transfer window but just seen we are now linked with Michael Essien.

"Experienced Ghanian midfielder could be snapped up by Hammers boss Sam Allardyce this summer.

Chelsea’s Michael Essien has emerged as a target for West Ham next season, after being told he has no future at Stamford Bridge next season.

The 30-year-old was once a key player in Chelsea’s starting lineup, earning a reputation for his strong play from midfield, as well as an ability to score the occasional long-range wonder-goal.

However, injuries have disrupted his career in recent years, and he has found himself down the pecking order at the club under their various different managers over the last two seasons. He was sent out on loan to Real Madrid this season, after his old Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was keen to work with him again, but he hasn’t managed to hit his best form at the Bernebeu either."

More here

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/16 ... el-essien/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Who gives a toss how tall a player is, it's irrelevant if he is good enough.
sheworeaclaretribbon

Post by sheworeaclaretribbon »

Messi - 5ft 7 and currently the best around. Nonsense debate if you're good enough. Especially going forward.
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

Not exactly nonsense when a good big 'un usually beats a good little 'un...
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Willtelll wrote:Not exactly nonsense when a good big 'un usually beats a good little 'un...
Not in the trenches it didn't.
claret and bobby

Post by claret and bobby »

Lukaku? Yes bloody please. I'd take him over Carroll without question, the guy is an absolute beast.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Absentee Hammer wrote:Probably just more media hype due to the Diame release clause and imminent transfer window but just seen we are now linked with Michael Essien.

"Experienced Ghanian midfielder could be snapped up by Hammers boss Sam Allardyce this summer.

Chelsea’s Michael Essien has emerged as a target for West Ham next season, after being told he has no future at Stamford Bridge next season.

The 30-year-old was once a key player in Chelsea’s starting lineup, earning a reputation for his strong play from midfield, as well as an ability to score the occasional long-range wonder-goal.

However, injuries have disrupted his career in recent years, and he has found himself down the pecking order at the club under their various different managers over the last two seasons. He was sent out on loan to Real Madrid this season, after his old Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was keen to work with him again, but he hasn’t managed to hit his best form at the Bernebeu either."

More here

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/16 ... el-essien/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I suggested this the other week - would be a great signing. As Chelsea are spending £100m (allegedly) then he must be right down the pecking order...
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

claret and bobby wrote:Lukaku? Yes bloody please. I'd take him over Carroll without question, the guy is an absolute beast.
And five years younger. Would be a steal at £15m.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Puff Daddy wrote: Exactly. he's yet another little short arse turned out from that academy isn''t he ? I saw him at Crawley a couple of years ago, when he went out on loan to Oxford. Like all Tony Carr's prodigees, he has a future in the game, no concerns there, but he didn't look anywhere near Premiership standard. What is it with our academy that it only turn's out short arses ?
Yeah it's b*llocks, they have that same problem in Catalonia.
Antnee

Post by Antnee »

Lukaku and Essien?! That would do nicely
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Lukaku and Essien??? Yeah, righto. :lol:
Coledinho

Post by Coledinho »

No chance of Essien. He will demand to keep his current wages which we wont give him. 100% off to Galatasaray in my eyes

Teams will be falling over themselves to sign Lukaku on loan so clearly to beat everyone to the punch we would have to offer them something in return ie. a big loan fee. Personally think he will go back to West Brom because that is where the player wants to be. That + West Brom will give Chelsea whatever they ask for to get him back

If we sign Gary Hooper ill cry myself to sleep for the next 2 decades atleast. Not anywhere near worth it
Coledinho

Post by Coledinho »

No chance of Essien. He will demand to keep his current wages which we wont give him. 100% off to Galatasaray in my eyes

Teams will be falling over themselves to sign Lukaku on loan so clearly to beat everyone to the punch we would have to offer them something in return ie. a big loan fee. Personally think he will go back to West Brom because that is where the player wants to be. That + West Brom will give Chelsea whatever they ask for to get him back

If we sign Gary Hooper ill cry myself to sleep for the next 2 decades atleast. Not anywhere near worth it
Kubrickhammer

Post by Kubrickhammer »

Can't see Lukaku coming to West Ham, even on loan. If Chelsea were to loan him out again (although why they would do this I don't know) they would probably want him to get some experience in Europe so I think Swansea is a likely destination.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

According to Kicker, Stuttgart and West Ham are interested in buying Szalai from Mainz
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I would have thought Chelsea will keep on to Lukaku this year. Two forwards is not enough especially when competing in all tournaments. Benitez even commented on this and said how well Chelsea performed with just two strikers to rotate. Unless they go on a spending spree and bring more in they could do a lot worse then bring Lukaku back as he looks a very good prospect.
denzel

Post by denzel »

szola wrote:According to Kicker, Stuttgart and West Ham are interested in buying Szalai from Mainz
Mentioned him a few weeks ago, big big guy, decent touch and hold up play and he's scored a few this season.