Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Allardyce: Stick or twist

Post by Romford »

Markt85 wrote:Romford , what on earth is your actual point ...

we drew 0-0 'most' people agree we played well and very unlucky not to grab the 3 points...

so because loads didn't jump in here and whinge and cry like they would of done last season is quite refreshing to see, but only because we sit in 4th place. Im sure many would have jumped in here and gone overboard about the result on Saturday, blaming tactics, the manager and anything they can think of.

But like i say, its refreshing to see the anti sam fans not moaning on here for once...so what is your point again ?! :eh:
If you bothered to read the thread instead of talking to people as if they don't know the game...you'd know what the point is.

We were NOT unlucky not to take the points.....We didn't play well.

You have less than 200 posts in 5 months and most of them are on this thread.

I get that you think our manager is doing a good job....you seem to have joined this site to announce it from the rooftops.

I personally think that he made some poor decisions on Saturday.

I freely admit when he does well. I have never see you say ANYTHING against him.

Please don't ever have a pop at me about my football knowledge.....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

RM6 wrote:
A recurring theme across many threads and subjects...
Ok chaps...enjoy this site with no moderators.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Romford wrote:
Ok chaps...enjoy this site with no moderators.
Oh turn it in FFS. :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

wizzo_66 wrote:
Why it's flared up since is because whenever anyone has come on to express that they didn't feel we were that bad, they've been told they need to take tablets, that what they're saying isn't the truth, that they're acting like they own the place, that they lack manners, etc etc.
I don't own the place...i work here.

When people talk down to me i get very offended. I put too many hours in on here to be talked too how many of you do....and we all know you wouldn't behave like that down the pub.

The fact is that we have a large group of people who will back the manager for anything. Not have one bad word against him.

From where i drink, the people i know and the people that go...that is NOT reflective of a large majority.

Because i have the audacity to bring up mistakes that even some of you have admitted are true...it seems no-one can say a bad word about Sam now.

I don't want 4th in November......I want as many points as possible in May.

I haven't called for Sam to go, called him a dinosaur, or made out we were awful.

Anyone else wanting to mug me off can PM me and we will meet.

Otherwise I suggest you respect this site and the people that give it to you a bit more...how many Moderators do you see actually policing this place anymore ??

I wonder why....
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Oh turn it in FFS. :lol:
Typical mug who wont meet but behaves like billy big bowlocks on here.
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

Romford wrote:
The Sam fan club want it all ways....as usual.
To be fair Rom, it works both ways.
Its all about opinions, and one thing I have learned is that every man woman and their dog seems to think they know more about the game then anyone else, and thats the same if they have been to 1 game, 10 games or a 1,000 games.
We are all football experts in our own heads.

Its only myself that really (or is that rarely?), knows what its all about. :)
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Romford wrote: Otherwise I suggest you respect this site and the people that give it to you a bit more...how many Moderators do you see actually policing this place anymore ??

I have an awful lot of respect for both this site and you Rom, you know that. I contribute each year and if you're suggesting moderators aren't up to the task then as a moderator yourself, why don't you suggest we recruit some more...I know there would be at least one application :wink:

I haven't called you out mate, but I have offered an explanation as to why this thread has exploded since yesterday - it wasn't because of Saturday's result - but you have provoked a lot of people since then, whether I agree with what you're saying or not, and whether it was intentional or not.

Everyone could do with a little less baiting at the moment - after all, we have a bloody good team to be proud of at the moment sitting in the CL spots for at least another week or so.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 223 likes
Total likes: 447 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Romford wrote:Yet again another with a "decent performance" rubbish.
Match facts will back up the decent performance remark as will just watching the game. Just didn't fall for us in front of goal. Same performance and a 3-0 win and NOBODY would be talking about team selection.
Romford wrote:Where have i mentioned the keeper this weekend ??
Nice try but did I mention this weekend?
Whufc06
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 368 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

People are digging Romford our for apparently trying to goad a reaction out of people?! That's hypocrisy of the highest order. The main reason there has been posts on this thread in the past 2 months is because of people trying to goad people for their criticism of last year.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

mushy wrote: To be fair Rom, it works both ways.
Its all about opinions, and one thing I have learned is that every man woman and their dog seems to think they know more about the game then anyone else, and thats the same if they have been to 1 game, 10 games or a 1,000 games.
We are all football experts in our own heads.

Its only myself that really (or is that rarely?), knows what its all about. :)
The lack of respect to the people that work for this site has been going downhill for ages. I have tried to fight that.

I have had no help or backing....and little respect from the public out there who can't even read the page before to get the whole story.

I didn't ask to work here...i was asked.

I don't take people talking down to me in real life....and i wont take it on here.

I know i will get the usual suspects giving the sly digs from behind their keyboards but the vast majority of the people who actually go know me and know i behave exactly on here how i do down the pub.

It's now got to the point where this site has no respect for those who run it....and that to me is very wrong.

I've had enough.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Ozza »

Chaz, I've been trying to stay out of this thread to be honest as it doesnt't do much for my blood pressure, but had to stick a post up.

Some on here have valid opinions (both for and against), and some are just arseholes (for and against), try to not let it get to you, the internet is a strange old place.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Romford wrote:We should have more points against the teams we have played. That is the way progress is made in my book.
I hear you mate, but this thread is here to determine whether Allardyce should stay or be sacked. That ship has long since sailed. We may not have helped ourselves in this regard by allowing this behemoth of a thread to become what it is (ie all-encompassing re: Sam's tenure).
Romford wrote: You wonder why moderators are very thin on the ground Boss.
I don't blame anyone for not wanting to get involved.
Markt85

Post by Markt85 »

Romford wrote:
If you bothered to read the thread instead of talking to people as if they don't know the game...you'd know what the point is.

We were NOT unlucky not to take the points.....We didn't play well.

You have less than 200 posts in 5 months and most of them are on this thread.

I get that you think our manager is doing a good job....you seem to have joined this site to announce it from the rooftops.

I personally think that he made some poor decisions on Saturday.

I freely admit when he does well. I have never see you say ANYTHING against him.

Please don't ever have a pop at me about my football knowledge.....
You are in a minority ON HERE if you think we didnt play well Saturday, Most people here think we played well and deserved to win, you and some blokes you heard in a pub are in the minority.

Your fine to say you think he made some poor decisions Saturday - that's fine, that's your opinion... but why state it in here in a Sack or Keep the manager thread ?

I don't slag off Sam, hes simply worked wonders from day 1 from me - yes hes made a few tactical mistakes no doubt like every manager makes them , i don't go overboard about tactics, subs, what he does or says etc - its all overblown rubbish for me, hes a experienced proven manager and i am grateful to have him as our manager - so people that slag him off i will defend the guy for the sake of my club.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Markt85 wrote:You are in a minority ON HERE if you think we didnt play well Saturday.
Even if that were the case - so what? This forum welcomes all opinions.

I doubt I need to remind you that a MINORITY believed Sam would come good ... according to those recent, agenda-ridden polls.
Markt85 wrote:so people that slag him off i will defend the guy for the sake of my club.
Which nobody has done in the last few pages. So please get off your high horse, Mark.
Markt85

Post by Markt85 »

Up the Junction wrote: Even if that were the case - so what? This forum welcomes all opinions.

I doubt I need to remind you that a MINORITY believed Sam would come good ... according to those recent, agenda-ridden polls.

Which nobody has done in the last few pages. So please get off your high horse, Mark.
I was replying to Romford specifically who is adamant we didn't play well, that's fine , its hes opinion but the majority on here disagree with him.

2nd point , he said ''I freely admit when he does well. I have never see you say ANYTHING against him'' ... so i gave him my reasons for this - no high horse there at all.
Hockley Hammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:The main difference for me is that we wanted to win this game, and spent the majority on the front-foot. All of our substitutes were positive. I was expecting Nolan to come on for one of the front two but he didn't (which was a pleasant surprise). At no point in the game did we settle for a point, and I have not seen a West Ham team go all out to turn one point into three as much as we did in the last five minutes on Saturday.
disappointed not to win, as the additional 2 points would have really separated us from the mid-table group, but no complaints about the mindset of the players and the effort put in from all concerned to not settle for a point
Exactly how I saw the game. I can't remember too many games where we have put that much effort in for no reward. A few iffy individual performances, but couldn't complain about the effort from everybody concerned.

These things happen. Look at yesterday's results - how many people would have predicted the four results yesterday.

Us being a banker home with the pundits was the final nail in the coffin. I've seen too many 1-0 defeats in games like Saturday to worry about 'dropping' 2 points.
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

Romford wrote:
The lack of respect to the people that work for this site has been going downhill for ages. I have tried to fight that.

I have had no help or backing....and little respect from the public out there who can't even read the page before to get the whole story.

I didn't ask to work here...i was asked.

I don't take people talking down to me in real life....and i wont take it on here.

I know i will get the usual suspects giving the sly digs from behind their keyboards but the vast majority of the people who actually go know me and know i behave exactly on here how i do down the pub.

It's now got to the point where this site has no respect for those who run it....and that to me is very wrong.

I've had enough.
Well I think I speak for many on here when I say that I fully appreciate the continued effort and work that yourself,UTJ, Cockney Hammer, the other mods, and many others do for this site. Thanks and gratitude are the order of the day, I have been in a pretty dark place what with one thing and another lately and this site has been a Godsend at times for me. So for that I offer my sincere thanks.
I also hope that I have not done anything to cause you any grief, my views are my views and nobody elses, I try my best not to personalise things and whatever I write is not meant as a dig against you or anyone else.
So please please keep up the good work, and if yourself or anyone else from this site ever needs a hand, then please ask, I am sure I am not alone in offering my services either.
Thanks again.
Mush.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Hockley Hammer wrote:I've seen too many 1-0 defeats in games like Saturday to worry about 'dropping' 2 points.
Indeed.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

mushy wrote:So please please keep up the good work, and if yourself or anyone else from this site ever needs a hand, then please ask, I am sure I am not alone in offering my services either.
Thanks, Mushy.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

mushy wrote: So please please keep up the good work, and if yourself or anyone else from this site ever needs a hand, then please ask, I am sure I am not alone in offering my services either.
Hear hear. :thup: