Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Re: Allardyce: Stick or twist

Post by mushy »

Whufc06 wrote:Not everyone agrees with your opinion Mark!! Tough to grasp I know but it is allowed nevertheless.
Markt85 wrote: what dont you agree with in my last comment ?
See? You do have a sense of humour after all.
ironworks41

Post by ironworks41 »

R M,
I think Grandad was pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of a Mod demanding respect ,whilst displaying
little of it to others.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

ironworks41 wrote:R M,
Ahhhh.........I stand enlightened.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

I know that this thread has very often gone off subject, but I can't help but think that it's completely de-railed at the moment.

I can see, in thousands of years time, when historians look back on our records, this thread remains. Sam Allardyce becomes some kind of mythical demi-god, and the a war between twisters and stickers rages throughout the world.
vind

Post by vind »

What's stopping this thread being locked. It doesn't serve any useful purpose apart from pitting everyone against each other.

We should be enjoying the Spuds demise, to quote the Telegraph

"SPURS IN CRISIS" :D
bunk
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by bunk »

Carlton'sGoal wrote:Sam Allardyce becomes some kind of mythical demi-god, and the a war between twisters and stickers rages throughout the world.
The stickers will have some sort of Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom styled ritual, with Big Sam reaching in and grabbing the hearts of captured twisters. Kali-ma! Kali-ma twisters!!

Albie Beck
Has liked: 611 likes
Total likes: 638 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Georgee Paris wrote:We need Major or Chavs to hit a few of you around the face with a massive wet Mackerel.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I think we should get rid of him and hire a manager that has shown he can develop a team over time. It may not be pretty at first but thinking long term for the stadium move we need stability, so a manager - preferably British- who has stayed at a club in the past for a good few years is a must. He should be able to build on a smallish budget, have an eye for a player, be able to build a good team spirit, and be able to attract some bigger names if possible even if it's just because they're out of favour at a big club, some like Alex Song is a prime example.

A manager that's taken a team from midtable, maybe lower, and steadily built them into a team fighting for European football. That's what we want, that's what we need. Anyone got any ideas?
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

thejackhammer wrote:I think we should get rid of him and hire a manager that has shown he can develop a team over time. It may not be pretty at first but thinking long term for the stadium move we need stability, so a manager - preferably British- who has stayed at a club in the past for a good few years is a must. He should be able to build on a smallish budget, have an eye for a player, be able to build a good team spirit, and be able to attract some bigger names if possible even if it's just because they're out of favour at a big club, some like Alex Song is a prime example.

A manager that's taken a team from midtable, maybe lower, and steadily built them into a team fighting for European football. That's what we want, that's what we need. Anyone got any ideas?

Jolly sensible idea Sir. We should go for Sam Allardyce....
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by polar »

Carlton'sGoal wrote:I know that this thread has very often gone off subject, but I can't help but think that it's completely de-railed at the moment.

I can see, in thousands of years time, when historians look back on our records, this thread remains. Sam Allardyce becomes some kind of mythical demi-god, and the a war between twisters and stickers rages throughout the world.
Have you ever read the Book of Dave by Will Self?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

ironworks41 wrote:R M,
I think Grandad was pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of a Mod demanding respect ,whilst displaying
little of it to others.
Out of your last 10 posts...half have been arguing with me because i put your nose out of joint.

Now you suddenly come on here and put the words into someones mouth.

Respect ?? The only thing you have ever deserved is to be shown the door.

I can handle most things....but keyboard stirrers really are the worst of a bad bunch.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Grandad Hammer wrote:I've always thought respect is a two way thing, so how about a bit of respect for Sam?
Sam has had shedloads of respect...especially this season. Sadly some people on here don't notice many things...and don't really read the page before on a thread before posting.

It really is one of the most annoying things....people reacting to the last post without getting the gist of the thread and the directions it is going..

When this happens, they don't get respected by the people who run the site...and they especially don't like being pulled up. I probably pull more people up than any other Mod.

Then sadly that person will do anything to get their own pride back....and wait for any chance going.

And then you have what we have from a few people here...

And how do these people react ?

Please don't talk about 2 way respect...i've had plenty in the last 24 hours by text and pm.

Thanks to you all....but until members become more accountable for their behavior and how they act towards the people that bring them this site, I will be giving this place a swerve.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:chas

do you fancy a round of golf at maylands soon ?? my treat - then you can see first hand what is so enjoyable about the sport
Right now mate i want to chase some of these keyboard stirrers around the car park with your Big Bertha !

Some people can take a hint and learn from it...there are many stories on here about them. We give anyone a chance.

Sadly many...because they are faceless....cannot take that and their personality tells them to go into sneaky mode.

We have hundreds of names in our Mods forum....they never last.

They think they are being clever....but they are just showing what they are.

Why people cannot behave how they do in real life is one of this Site's big questions.
EssexHammer1994

Post by EssexHammer1994 »

Stick
raggy

Post by raggy »

What do you mean you have hundreds of names in your mods forum?
For what it's worth, I think sam has done well and deserved to keep his job. Football wasn't great last couple of years but he has built on it.
I'm not his biggest fan, but just can't see man out there who would do better with better football.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

polar wrote:Have you ever read the Book of Dave by Will Self?

If the country starts to flood, I'm making Allardyce my best friend
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Estuary »

I can see, in thousands of years time, when historians look back on our records, this thread remains. Sam Allardyce becomes some kind of mythical demi-god, and the a war between twisters and stickers rages throughout the world
Followed by.
Have you ever read the Book of Dave by Will Self
You beat me to it, a great book that.
ironworks41

Post by ironworks41 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
raggy

Post by raggy »

Think this either needs to be locked or people need to stop with the personal insults.
If we can't act like grown ups who can deal with differing opinions then lock it and move on.