Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

mdennis

Re: Allardyce out

Post by mdennis »

Yeah! Sam out and who would come in??? Paulo?? Curbs is still out of a job? What about Avram? f*** it, let's think big, let's try and poach Wenger or AVB...

turn it in... He's what we've got, let's support him.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Re: Message To The Board

Post by screech »

This is not Sam, the board dropped a bollock by pleading the 5th amendment with regards to the FFP Sam is now forced to work with what he has got, fair play he has got some decisions wrong but when your hands are tied with tight chairmen what can you do?
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

him constantly going on about having no striker is getting boring now, is he just trying to get people to feel; sorry for him ? he would be better playing a untested youth rather than an experienced midfielder, and dont get me going on nolan,,,,,,,, fat sam is clueless and hes proving it every game now
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Carlton ran Chelski ragged ? Christ I have wot your drinking
£20k a week for splinters can I have his agent
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Billy Boy the only blip this season was the result at Spurs. After beating Cardiff from then on the ethos has been respect the point.

Backfired it has on us in front against Everton and lost in front against Norwich and lost, losing to Stoke, these are a lot more than blips.

The manager has never once come and and said " I got it wrong" but blames all the imponderables and then publicly slates Jussi, and then makes a half arsed effort to put his arm around him,

The two Daves are not in the least bothered, they are letting Allardyce hoist himself on his own petard, my only concern is if we rid ourselves of Sam who would want the job,we are hardly putting ourselves in the shop window, a new manager may be the key but like I said who would take it, The Two Daves would push I'm sure for McLeish. Well known to them a bit of a yes man and available.

I believed at the start of the season we should have replaced Sam. But without there being a real stand out replacement we could be left with no real choice,

Does he go or does he stay my heart says go my head says stay until the end of the season.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Would rather us back him and bring in a forward in January.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

G&S take the sky money out the bank,and invest in 2 forwards URGENTLY
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

JibHammer wrote:May might be too late.

- Never subbing Nolan, or dropping him when he is being a complete passenger
From where i was sat, i'm pretty sure he was subbed today, albeit a bit late
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

giantsteps wrote:It's not Allardyce. It's the board. We had a shocking transfer window

We have no f*cking attack
:thup:
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

They must be fuming with Sam, apart from Downing he has bought absolute **** with what little money we've had to spend, Maiga, Diara, Collins I could go on all past it or not prem class. He spunks the bulk of out budget on a absolute maybe in Carroll, when he could have bought 2 strikers with that. And his tactics of no striker and hit and hope up front to his love child Nolan is ****ing disgraceful. Fatty needs to have a good look at himself and his shocking ideas of how to play football.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Muggiest thread of the season so far

Who do we bring in & how would they do better

Seriously
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

At the time we signed Downing, Hugh Southon kept saying we spent our last of the wages budget on the winger and this was Sam's choice. I don't really see how they thought it would be ok to go into the season with Carroll, Vaz Te and Maiga. They were trying to shift Maiga up until the last minute.

It was amateur hour after that. Re-signing Carlton Cole after letting him go...if we had kept him at least now we wouldn't have been waiting for him to get back to fitness.

I noticed that Sam was deflecting some of the blame from himself this week by saying the board tried to sign five strikers and they all turned us down.

We are in deep **** now. Not just because our position in the league but because our confidence has gone and once that has happened it's very hard to get it back. We've got a lot of games between now and the transfer window and we simply don't look like scoring a goal. This tactic isn't working. Downing got himself in some good positions but everytime i looked up there was no one in the box. It woudn't be so bad if we were difficult to break down but we are looking more vulnerable as each week goes by.

Anyway, i'm back on the heroin.
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

Perhaps TwoDaves will ask Sam to have a word with his best mate Fergie about coming out of retirement.

There's a flaw in that isn't there?
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

I have serious concerns with how we're doing with Allardyce, but we need to see this through now.

No point changing the manager at all. What is someone else suddenly going to do mid season?

There isnt a realistic name out there who will be able to change things.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Worst thing we could do given the signings our present manager has made.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

No? Frankly.......no.

The man has had a bad few weeks. I think he is making poor decisions in setting his team up. I believe Jarvis and Diame should be back in the team. I think Joe Cole should be playing off Carlton Cole. I believe Diame and Noble should be pulling the strings in the center.

But

1) we are without our star back line player, the loss of which has been very much felt.
2) we are without or €18 million and Croatian international striker.
3) we are without our ex Champions League defender.
4) we are without Baz Te who brings a bit to our game.

Yes, it might be simplistic to look at this as our problem, but it is.

We also need to do what we should have done in the Summer, and enhance our team with good signings. We could do with a new goalkeeper who is established. We could do with an extra CB who might actually challenge Collins and Tomka, and a new striker who is fit, and ready to play.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

smuts wrote:They are the ones who ****ed up on deadline day.....took their usual cheap gamble and lost big time.
Agree 100% on that. It was so so obvious that we needed another decent striker on deadline day and they did not want to pay the money on wages. You are telling me that there was nobody decent available to come in on deadline day?

Adebyaor, Ba, Bendtner or Caicedo would have come here on loan if the wages were right.

They are chancers and overseen three relegations as owners at two different clubs.

They may have their fourth unless they break a habit as owners & spend big in the January window.
Douthy
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Post by Douthy »

Yeah Alllardici out,

It did so much for Newcastle, Bolton and Blackburn......
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

jacko wrote: Anyway, i'm back on the heroin.
Sounds like everyone's on it.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

smuts wrote:They are the ones who ****ed up on deadline day.....took their usual cheap gamble and lost big time.
Downing a cheap gamble?