Allardyce: Stick or twist?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: Allardyce out

Post by Billydinho »

I don't think I'm quite there in the "Allardyce out" stakes but I've certainly lost confidence in him.

Barring Diame last year, I can't remember a decent substitution he's made.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Well at least it wasn't Matty Taylor
kaybee15

Re: Message To The Board

Post by kaybee15 »

screech wrote:This is not Sam, the board dropped a bollock by pleading the 5th amendment with regards to the FFP Sam is now forced to work with what he has got, fair play he has got some decisions wrong but when your hands are tied with tight chairmen what can you do?
Not a personal dig screech, but what you have outlined is the job description of every manager ever. Not just football - any manager has to achieve their targets within the constraints of the owners/executives plans and decisions. This is why they are employed. And whilst Sam initially seemed to be a good appointment, it can't be denied that he is struggling at the moment. Today's game was an unfortunate masterclass in how to get things completely wrong. I'd love to see him turn things back around, but my belief is that he is too stubborn to do so. I also believe that the Dave's are equally stubborn and will not sack Sam unless total catastrophe strikes - but that will be relegation (again), which will have horrific consequences for our club with the OS move coming up...
Any Old Iron

Post by Any Old Iron »

It just amazes me that people still have faith in Allardyce when his brand of football is no longer viable. He is incapable of adapting to a different and productive style when he doesn't have a big lump up front to enable his hoofball to function.
I think a lot of you Allardyce disciples would be surprised just what could be accomplished with this group of players if only they had an intelligent and progressive manager to get the best out of them.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

Any Old Iron wrote:It just amazes me that people still have faith in Allardyce when his brand of football is no longer viable. He is incapable of adapting to a different and productive style when he doesn't have a big lump up front to enable his hoofball to function.
I think a lot of you Allardyce disciples would be surprised just what could be accomplished with this group of players if only they had an intelligent and progressive manager to get the best out of them.
Like who ?
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

About two and a half years ago, I had a bad day, saw us get beaten, had three too many and posted Sam out.

We picked up afterwards.

If this thread works the same way, great.

PS - far too early.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Broadening the argument who would you want in to replace him ?
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

I thought we were better than this.

Someone in the Chelsea match thread said we should just put Kevin Keen in charge. Get a grip.
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

As it stands, Allardyce has never had a team relegated

He is best equipped to keep us up

Those calling for his head, who would you bring in?

Complete joke of a thread
cliff99claret
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by cliff99claret »

e17 wrote:Muggiest thread of the season so far

Who do we bring in & how would they do better

Seriously
Why is it a muggy thread shouldnt we be questioning our manager, **** performance after **** performance , no threat up top, whos fault is it we haven't one decent striker at the club, you say how would they do better SIGN A DECENT FORWARD.
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

Let's wait for the same old drivel to be released by the skin flint bros
1)The Icelandics are to blame
2) F F P
3) We bought Downing
All this tosh is getting tedious now,£52 per match,£900 for STs @ least Dick Turpin wore a mask
Can't wait for the accountants spin next Sat zzzzzzzz
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Don't we have to pay one our loans back on the first of January? From memory it's a fairly sizeable one. If we pay that off, can't see us taking anyone in.
regandwendy

Post by regandwendy »

Is Di Matteo available ???
when does this fifa fair play thing come in ?? could have spent in the last window missed out on Lukaku, could have gone for Rhodes who they have been watching recently (maybe jan target). gambled all the money on Carroll , cheaper to have him put down and claim on insurance
Norwich Iron
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Norwich Iron »

I don't know what the answer is or who would come in but; This is not good enough. Same ineffective tactics, no change likely, 4-6-0 did not work against Citeh or Villa, why would it work today? Sam needs to get his finger out soon or bugger off before the January Window
johnfraser

Post by johnfraser »

Seriously[/quote]
Why is it a muggy thread shouldnt we be questioning our manager, **** performance after **** performance , no threat up top, whos fault is it we haven't one decent striker at the club, you say how would they do better SIGN A DECENT FORWARD.[/quote]

The transfer window is closed Doris but good effort.
Iron Works

Post by Iron Works »

Forget about the lack of choice we have up front with our choice of midfielders we should be putting in better performances so on that basis I would say Allardyce isn't the man for the job but can we afford to get anyone better and if we can then it needs to be soon so he gets at least a month to plan for the January window.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

For ****'s sake.

Who are we going to get in that will do a better job?
The Lone Hammer

Post by The Lone Hammer »

I am not happy with the results or the performances but I do not see the point in replacing Sam.

IMO the damage was done when we started the season with just one (not very good) striker in Maiga.

Too late to do anything about that now so just have to deal with it.

If someone could suggest anyone better than Sam, I will consider it, but I am not sure there is any better available to us.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

giantsteps wrote:As it stands, Allardyce has never had a team relegated

He is best equipped to keep us up

Those calling for his head, who would you bring in?

Complete joke of a thread
Why?Allardyce has overseen the transfer debacle of the summer which was largely driven by the disastrous signing of an unfit Carroll which in turn was largely driven by our need to have a big lump of a centre forward because of Allardyce's outdated football tactics.Having lost Carroll,he has shown no ingenuity in tackling the lack of strikers except a)sign Petric b) sign Cole c)Use Nolan all of which have been an unmitigated disaster.His favouritism towards players is damaging to the team and his substitutions and general tactics are inadequate.On top of that,he is arrogant and conceited which makes him weaker as a manager because he never admits he is wrong.To these people saying we have had a bad few weeks,I have supported West Ham for 35 years and,take out the freak Spurs result,this is as bad a start to the season I have seen.Awful toothless football and terrible results.Unless something drastic is done,we are going down.As for a replacement,there are managers out there who could do better because,the way I see it,Allardyce can not get us out of this one.He ain't good enough.
cliff99claret
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by cliff99claret »

johnfraser wrote:Seriously
Why is it a muggy thread shouldnt we be questioning our manager, **** performance after **** performance , no threat up top, whos fault is it we haven't one decent striker at the club, you say how would they do better SIGN A DECENT FORWARD.[/quote]

The transfer window is closed Doris but good effort.[/quote]
It was open doris when our manager could have signed a decent striker, ok doris.