The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by Denbighammer »

Bubsy77 wrote:It's time for him to go I honestly think he has lost the dressing room the majority of the players don't look like they want to play for him anymore. I think it's time to change it the results speak for themselves and performances have been poor, the players just don't look like they have the fight and desire.
How do you draw this conclusion from a match that featured virtually none of our senior players? Are you saying he's lost the senior dressing room or the Under-21's?
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

9 wins in 40 games.

Captain sent off twice in 3 weeks.

He has definitely lost it.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

Yesterday's match showed me that our youth players aren't ready to make the step up, despite what many on here would want
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Ozza wrote:Yesterday's match showed me that our youth players aren't ready to make the step up, despite what many on here would want
I think that's slightly harsh. They system seemed very foreign to them yesterday. I don't keep track of the U21's much but would imagine they rarely play a 3-6-1.

I think Driver will be a decent player and could do with some more game time with the seniors.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I'm just about a yes still.

As it stands I would suggest we let him finish the season then part company.

Obviously a League Cup final and mid table finish would change that opinion for the better, just as any proven reports of collaborating with agents to the detriment of the club would change it for the worse.

As it stands, I really do not see anyone else coming in and doing any better or worse than him. I am confident that results will improve in time. I just hope we have enough time to get enough results.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Ozza wrote:Yesterday's match showed me that our youth players aren't ready to make the step up, despite what many on here would want
I don't think it showed that at all.

It maybe showed the youth team isn't as good as a top Championship team on their first outing. But I wouldn't have expected our full, multi-million pound team to win there at the moment
vind

Post by vind »

sutts07 wrote:I'm just about a yes still.

As it stands I would suggest we let him finish the season then part company.

Obviously a League Cup final and mid table finish would change that opinion for the better, just as any proven reports of collaborating with agents to the detriment of the club would change it for the worse.

As it stands, I really do not see anyone else coming in and doing any better or worse than him. I am confident that results will improve in time. I just hope we have enough time to get enough results.
Sutts I am a No but agree with you 100%. I could not bear going into next season knowing BS was still here. Unfortunately, I have lost confidence in the Dave's ability to make good managerial decisions.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Bend it like Repka wrote:You standing in the stands singing that, would directly resemble the orchestra on the Titanic still playing as it sinks below the waves....
Well, I'd join in.
Bubsy77

Post by Bubsy77 »

I wasn't really referring to yesterdays game, our form in the league speaks for it's self and in my opinion a lot of the senior players look like they aren't happy playing under BFS style and tactics.
Pango

Post by Pango »

They are not ready to step up playing together but individually playing with 10 other first team players they would improve and deal with the situation better.

It would be a case of who takes the step up first and thats usually dictated by injuries to a certain position i.e. no fit right backs then Driver get his chance to impress with the first team.

However none of these can play in the PL as they are not in our 25. Thats a failure of having a squad of 25 and stops young players being able to development.

#justsaying

:crest:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

hammerdivone wrote: As has been pointed out on the match thread, we were only 1-0 down using that 'shambles of a formation' and it all changed when we went back to the conventional 4 at the back
Must have missed that as to me it never looked like we had 2 out-and-out centre backs playing alongside full backs either side acting as cover/support for our wingers (as they were actually isolated WBs).
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Pango wrote:
However none of these can play in the PL as they are not in our 25. Thats a failure of having a squad of 25 and stops young players being able to development.

#justsaying

:crest:
Under 21's aren't included in the 25 man squad and can therefor be played, iirc
exsquaddie88

Post by exsquaddie88 »

All we hear is negativity and excuses. If the board were so confident in this Herbert why did they not sign him for a 5 year deal, some other club may come in for him. (Yeah right). I might
watch Notts Forrest I like the football they play. We used to play that way.

Sack him show BALLS for a change, his record is worse than Avrams.

We don't play football any more.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I've just noticed, more people have voted in this poll about Sam in 5 days than the vote on moving to the OS. Very strange that one of the most important decisions this club have ever made and yet more people are concerned about whether or not Sam is the right man for the job. Strange. :?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I've just noticed, more people have voted in this poll about Sam in 5 days than the vote on moving to the OS. Very strange that one of the most important decisions this club have ever made and yet more people are concerned about whether or not Sam is the right man for the job. Strange.
Tbf, I think everyone realised that the vote, just like the "consultation with the fans" would not deter G&S
in the least: they were determined from day 1 to move to the OS, come what may.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Whilst I like Sam and appreciate all his done, I can't see a new striker solving the issue, nor our returning players helping the situation much. Whilst a new manager may not be able to do enough with our current squad long term, the new manager bounce that most clubs get should be able to get us safe. So a caretaker manager like Brooking back in 2003, someone like Carr, Clarke, Keen, even Di Canio then regardless of staying up or going down, we can review how they've done, and choose to keep or go for someone like Howe, Dyche or someone more out there like Mel or Bielsa. Because as it stands it's looking like under Sam, the only way is down.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I've just noticed, more people have voted in this poll about Sam in 5 days than the vote on moving to the OS. Very strange that one of the most important decisions this club have ever made and yet more people are concerned about whether or not Sam is the right man for the job. Strange. :?
Maybe because this one could happen both ways while the OS was pretty much a fait accompli?
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Ozza I wonder if what you said about the kids would be the same if they were playing a formation they new and were comfortable with, what happened Sunday was like sending a computer programmer to re wire a house, all I can say is he set them up, hung em out to dry, and basically shat on the academy, give the boys a chance.
damiant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Ozza I wonder if what you said about the kids would be the same if they were playing a formation they new and were comfortable with, what happened Sunday was like sending a computer programmer to re wire a house, all I can say is he set them up, hung em out to dry, and basically shat on the academy, give the boys a chance.
Except they were footballers playing football?
Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Puncher12 »

They were thrown in at the deep end, thats it, give them time and they'll become good, I was very impressed with Driver.