The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

Nesticles

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by Nesticles »

A confident 'yes' from me
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Massive no vote from me. Bloke is a menace to football and has done nothing ANY other of 100 managers could not have 'achieved' here. He alone is why I barely bother to go see us now, £50 quid to watch a striker less, ambition less bunch who have had any semblance of football coached out of them. We are by a mile the least watchable team in this division led by a clueless **** of a manager who blames everyone bad anything but himself.
Hammertime1

Post by Hammertime1 »

UTJ

:lol:

No sly digs boss

The way i would have put the question would have been

Should West Ham sack Allardyce

and my qualm with the votes is maybe people with more than one username (equally can work both ways) have voted on more than one occasion!

I am very much a cheer leader for the no camp however
loftyboy
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by loftyboy »

Yes but only really because I struggle to see who a viable alternative would be
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

I think the results illustrate how one sided the 'stick or twist' thread has become too
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Possession.
Allardyce 44%

:D
Stortfordhammer

Post by Stortfordhammer »

Time to go. should have already gone in fact.
He bring to a team certain qualities, gutsy fighting, solid defence etc etc. when all that goes/fails there's no point in having him. He did a good job in getting us back up ( just) & we were gritty & solid at the back, but no longer. And take Nolan with ya.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Hammertime1 wrote:The way i would have put the question would have been...
Are you sat there in a tin foil hat?! If people can't comprehend the wording of what is a very simple question then seriously, more fool them...
IronsAndJags

Post by IronsAndJags »

No, has to go.

It is interesting to see that the majority of 'yes' votes are because of the lack of good managers about. Hardly a ringing endorsement for Allardyce (terrible, but not as terrible as the rest). I think an empty chair could do a better job at the moment.

Just hypothetically, for people who don't think there is a replacement out there: who, if you could choose any current manager, would you choose (regardless of cost, or whether they'd take the job)? Or, do you think that Allardyce is just the best?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

A very half hearted stick....for the time being.

Needs to get his players fit, needs them to get him some results, and then review what the hell has gone on this year in May.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

If we were to get rid of him, then it needed to be ahead of the transfer window so that any new manager had a chance to bring in their own players. As it is, it's probably too late to find someone new and still get in the right players before the window ends. To that end I say keep him.

Nonetheless, a lot of what Allardyce has done on a limited budget has been good, but his rigid style has stifled the skilful attacking players we do have. Morrison, Joe Cole and Downing are players that are all capable of creating something from nothing, but all too often they're forced into working the wings to put in crosses or punting it long. Just a bit more freedom in attack would be nice.
Hammertime1

Post by Hammertime1 »

Worcester

Trust me. The question is cleverly put.

Even if UTJ didn't mean it to be that way, i can assure you it is.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

I don't like his football, he is full of excuses and we are playing terrible under him! The problem is finding someone to replace him which I don't think they will be able to.

So I have voted yes.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hammertime1 wrote:The way i would have put the question would have been Should West Ham sack Allardyce
Each to their own. Incidentally, the answer required is still 'yes' or 'no'.
Hammertime1 wrote:and my qualm with the votes is maybe people with more than one username (equally can work both ways) have voted on more than one occasion!
I see every IP address used to vote. Whilst I'm sure there are one or two who have dodged the rules of membership by possessing more than one account, that is all it is; certainly not enough to sway or influence a vote of several hundreds.
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

I'm for him staying, I was 100% behind getting him here I'm now more like 60%. Malky had some 50 mil to spend and look what he did. Not too sure if there is any real great alternative out there, he'd have to be the best manager in the world probers.
We ant going to get one come here anytime soon as you can see with players not wanting to come here. So it will be done to the Manager and the players coming back to see if they can now pull off the great escape again, who knows. Let's get behind the team, the Manager, the Club and see what 2014 brings.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

davids cross wrote:Possession.
Allardyce 44%

:D
The highest all season
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

There seems to be an assumption among some fans who are pro-sacking that getting rid of Allardyce = getting rid of Nolan. Unless someone like QPR do something stupid, that just isn't going to happen.
leytonhammer

Post by leytonhammer »

Having a poll with two options is great because it produces clear results and makes it very easy to gauge everyone's opinion. That being said, it would be interesting to see how many of those saying 'yes' believe:

Sam will be good in the long run
Or
Yes, we should retain his services through lack of a better alternative.

FWIW i voted no btw.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

BrownFatwa wrote:Massive no vote from me. Bloke is a menace to football and has done nothing ANY other of 100 managers could not have 'achieved' here. He alone is why I barely bother to go see us now, £50 quid to watch a striker less, ambition less bunch who have had any semblance of football coached out of them. We are by a mile the least watchable team in this division led by a clueless **** of a manager who blames everyone bad anything but himself.
:thup:
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

yes