The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by Denbighammer »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:Not sure quite what people are expecting. We are a bottom half football club one year on from totally rebuilding in the championship. Like everyone else in the bottom 10-12 we are in any given season 2 or 3 major injuries away from being in a relegation scrap.

Whoever is in charge that is still true. Now you can argue he should have spent his 20m on five 4m players instead and had a broader cover of mediocrity and its a valid argument but people would have been moaning about a lack of ambition I guess.
Rare bit of sense. :thup:

Edit: I mean rare bit if sense on this thread, rather than rare bit of sense from SLWO.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

A 36 majority on West Hans most influential website :lol:
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:Not sure quite what people are expecting. We are a bottom half football club one year on from totally rebuilding in the championship. Like everyone else in the bottom 10-12 we are in any given season 2 or 3 major injuries away from being in a relegation scrap.
Indeed. :wink:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Greatest Hits Vol1 wrote:For all of the people who back Sam and say show some loyalty, where you loyal enough to attend today? What about Wednesday? Are you loyal enough to follow this team up Manchester mid meek?
Wasn't there today because of other commitments. But I was at Fulham and I will be there on Wednesday.

And I won't be singing "sacked in the morning" and generally ****ing off our players or our manager. Especially in front of other fans.
Denbighammer

Post by Denbighammer »

Albie Beck wrote:And I won't be singing "sacked in the morning" and generally ****ing off our players or our manager. Especially in front of other fans.
What about "how **** must you be, it's only 1-0"?

Heard that today in the first half. Ideal confidence booster for the kids in the side. :fsake:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Yep, and "you're nothing special". Especially against ****ing Fulham!
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

If some people have better things to do than leave work early on Wednesday to go to a ground where the home side are smashing 6 or 7 past everyone, to watch us flounder and inevitably put in an average at best display, then get home in the early hours of the morning and feel like sh*t the next day at work, and £100 or so worse off too, then I don't think there is anything wrong with that, it's not being a sh*t fan, it's just knowing what's best for you. Far too many people judge fans now, 'Why are you leaving with 10 mins to go?' To someobody who has decided that they've had enough of watching the 4-0 home defeat that is going on in front of them, they have figured out, probably from experience, that this is only going to get worse and, rather than take further punishment, they decide that the blokes on the pitch earning more a week then they do in a year don't deserve their support at this moment in time, what exactly is wrong with that?
Denbighammer

Post by Denbighammer »

Jumby wrote:they decide that the blokes on the pitch earning more a week then they do in a year don't deserve their support at this moment in time, what exactly is wrong with that?
At what level of player remuneration would you stay then?

We all know they earn big money, that's not news. I also reckon that by the end Forest's on-field wage bill was far in excess of ours....
AllenMcNit

Post by AllenMcNit »

Just get behind the team. If Sam gets sacked we move forward, if he stays we move forward. This is West Ham we have all seen it before, it's nothing new. Remember Barnsley smashing Lyall's side 5-2 at UP in the League Cup ? Some people are beginning to believe that we are bigger than we actually are - relax it's all part of the fun. BFS CLARET N BLUE ARMY..........
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

AllenMcNit wrote:Just get behind the team. If Sam gets sacked we move forward, if he stays we move forward. This is West Ham we have all seen it before, it's nothing new. Remember Barnsley smashing Lyall's side 5-2 at UP in the League Cup ? Some people are beginning to believe that we are bigger than we actually are - relax it's all part of the fun. BFS CLARET N BLUE ARMY..........
It's not quite as simple as that is it? I'm all for getting behind the team and willing them to win and stay in the premier league, and I will sing my absolute lungs of game after game. But at the same time I will start chant for Allardyce to go from now on - Fed up of him and his **** tactics and stubbornness.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Agreed!

Getting behind the team and the manager are two different things.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

AllenMcNit wrote: BFS CLARET N BLUE ARMY..........
You standing in the stands singing that, would directly resemble the orchestra on the Titanic still playing as it sinks below the waves....
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

A Defeat to Cardiff surely must be the last straw for the board? :twisted:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Not sure quite what people are expecting .
I can answer that one for you Sammy........ FIGHT, DESIRE and A WILL TO WIN.

Believe me it is that simple. I didnt see any of that yesterday did you?
trick88

Post by trick88 »

I will always back the team, with as many injuries as we have or whoever we have in charge but the tactics in games are wrong constantly.. Surely this isn't only down to BFS but to the coaching staff too? Get rid of them all ASAP and get a new lot in that has more than a Plan A & B..
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

rumours of £5m in comp if he is sacked suggests to me that him quitting or the board sacking him aint gonna happen

Ive been a supporter of Allardyce but I must admit after that game y'day I have had enough! time for change
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: I can answer that one for you Sammy........ FIGHT, DESIRE and A WILL TO WIN.

Believe me it is that simple. I didnt see any of that yesterday did you?
No I didn't. I thought the experienced pros were a disgrace to be honest. The kids will hopefully learn nothing from Maigas attitude, although worryingly a lot of them seem loathed to do the ugly side of the game already.

Yesterday aside I think we have shown continued willingness to fight recently. We were up for it against arsenal until the GK blunder knocked all the air out of us, we fought against WBA, we worked our nuts off with 10 against Fulham.

We just aren't much cop, we are carrying a couple of players at least in an already weakened team and we can't get anything going to get a bit of confidence. We could have got something out of the arsenal game but threw it away, were winning at fulham until Nolans stupidity, even the confidence boost of a cup quarter final win was smashed within minutes when we drew city.
Bubsy77

Post by Bubsy77 »

It's time for him to go I honestly think he has lost the dressing room the majority of the players don't look like they want to play for him anymore. I think it's time to change it the results speak for themselves and performances have been poor, the players just don't look like they have the fight and desire.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Gabers wrote:rumours of £5m in comp if he is sacked suggests to me that him quitting or the board sacking him aint gonna happen

Ive been a supporter of Allardyce but I must admit after that game y'day I have had enough! time for change
Grant was on £1.9M a year going by old press reports, but they got rid of him after relegation for £800k, so must have been a clause in his contract.

Probably the same for BFS, they won't sack him if they can get away with less if we're relegated.
hongkonghammer

Post by hongkonghammer »

Can I change my vote please? I'm fully in the time to change camp. Selling out our youngsters, the FA Cup and our away support was the final straw.