The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

Countryboy

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by Countryboy »

EastEnd Exile wrote:Still a Yes for me....show some backbone. I would have fielded weakened team today too. Priorities count :crest:
It wasn't the fact that this was a weakened team that bothered me. It's that this was a friction' shambles. No shape, no organisation, no motivation, no energy, no commitment ... FWIW I think we'd have been much better off playing the entire development side: usual team and formation. That way they would have known what they were doing, been surrounded by their mates and have some chance of carrying their good form and confidence from that competition into the Cup.

Shame on you Allardyce. Today's performance brought this club into disrepute ... or made us even more of a bloody laughing stock, anyway ...
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

West Ham Matt wrote:I has happy with it when we needed it, because it wasn't all bad football as I explained a million ****ing times.

Now it is 100% **** football without results.

Can any of you lot tell what's to like about Allardyce at the minute?

5 reasons please,
He brought us up and kept us up
When fit our team is infinitely better than the one that went down (that doesn't make it good tbf)
We are far more solid at the back than I can remember since probably the early/mid 80's again when everyone is fit
As you point out when everyone is fit it isn't all bad football
He gives Cockney Hammer a caption competition a day
He is more effective than 90% of managers at what he does

That from someone who didn't want him here particularly. Whats wrong here won't be fixed purely by binning Allardyce and if we aren't going the whole hog then trying to get Bielsa to get this club playing free flowing football is just another square peg in a round hole (we tried it once with Zola)
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

When you're 19th in the league, and say you're concentrating on the league, questions must be asked.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Jumby wrote:When you're 19th in the league, and say you're concentrating on the league, questions must be asked.
Indeed, lets forget the league and go for the Cup
OFT
Has liked: 2991 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

I await with eager anticipation the arrival of this weeks e-mail from our leader.

Dear ........
We gave it our best shot but unfortunately I'm a complete shitcuntof a manager and I just hope we don't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute for deliberately fielding a side that was clearly out of its depth.
Love from nogginhead
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

[quote="SammyLeeWasOffside"][/quote]

I am grateful for him gaining promotion. 10th was decent, even if we only beat Wigan and Reading to achieve it after a dodgy 2nd half of the season.

Time has proven that he is one dimensional unfortunately, when I thought he had a bit more about him than that.

Since beating Spurs 3-0:

L
D
D
L
L
W
L
L
D
L
L
D
L

How can anyone defend it.
OFT
Has liked: 2991 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

I nearly reached for the Enigma machine to sort that out!
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Countryboy wrote:[quote="

It wasn't the fact that this was a weakened team that bothered me. It's that this was a friction' shambles. No shape, no organisation, no motivation, no energy, no commitment ... FWIW I think we'd have been much better off playing the entire development side: usual team and formation. That way they would have known what they were doing, been surrounded by their mates and have some chance of carrying their good form and confidence from that competition into the Cup.

Shame on you Allardyce. Today's performance brought this club into disrepute ... or made us even more of a bloody laughing stock, anyway ...
I've posted much the same elsewhere.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Jumby wrote:When you're 19th in the league, and say you're concentrating on the league, questions must be asked.
hammerdivone wrote: Indeed, lets forget the league and go for the Cup
i doubt the owners would have allowed sam to do that even if he wanted to.
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

So have I and a bunch of others, and its really not a hard argument to grip.
Hello there!

Post by Hello there! »

Indeed.

When people believe "the right man to get you out of the ****" is the man who led you there one might be equally confused.

Still he gurns at us, a toothless halfwit, gormlessly marching on, dung compass in hand, without a care or a clue. A witless, dun coloured, dimly flickering beacon of incompetence. The lowest watt of all bulbs that only the blindly optimistic or incapable can see the light.
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

The biggest mistake of SAMs career here is sacking Wally downes.
coxie iron

Post by coxie iron »

Agreed. I still can't believe this excuse of a manager is still in a job. He hung the youngsters out to dry today and that is unforgivable. Please Sam resign and give us our club back.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

kev wrote:The biggest mistake of SAMs career here is sacking Wally downes.
Kev

Without saying anything too libellous, I believe there were circumstances which made his position at the club impossible.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

West Ham Matt wrote: How can anyone defend it.
Not sure quite what people are expecting. We are a bottom half football club one year on from totally rebuilding in the championship. Like everyone else in the bottom 10-12 we are in any given season 2 or 3 major injuries away from being in a relegation scrap.

Whoever is in charge that is still true. Now you can argue he should have spent his 20m on five 4m players instead and had a broader cover of mediocrity and its a valid argument but people would have been moaning about a lack of ambition I guess.
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

i cant believe all those on here saying show some loyalty and backbone,

im probably more loyal than most of you and have a backbone but all i will say to you is
get your heads out of the sand.

we need to be in the prem if were not to look like fools in the Olympic stadium, with this mug as our manager that's not going to happen.

some of you lot remind me of old generals who when losing refuse to change tactics in a battle when its clear that your old ways arnt working.

i used to hate playing Bolton because they seemed so hard to beat, west ham are so easy to beat now.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

hudds town hammer wrote: i used to hate playing Bolton because they seemed so hard to beat, west ham are so easy to beat now.
I swear every game was five minutes in.......hoof it up to Davies...elbow the keeper out the way.....drops to Nolan....0-1.
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

For all of the people who back Sam and say show some loyalty, where you loyal enough to attend today? What about Wednesday? Are you loyal enough to follow this team up Manchester mid meek?
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

Without saying anything too libellous, I believe there were circumstances which made his position at the club impossible.[/quote]

That's interesting, even so we've been worse since he went
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

The f*ck offs are creeping up

Pay him off