The Sam Allardyce Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you believe West Ham United FC should retain the services of Sam Allardyce as manager?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 1197

hammerdivone

Re: The Sam Allardyce Poll

Post by hammerdivone »

hadleighhammer wrote:Can someone who thinks Allardicio is the answer explain the thinking behind that shambles of a formation today?
As has been pointed out on the match thread, we were only 1-0 down using that 'shambles of a formation' and it all changed when we went back to the conventional 4 at the back
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

West Ham Matt wrote:Harry
Bielsa
O'Driscoll if we drop

This mocking is ridiculous anyway - some of us want change because currently we are the worst I have seen in years and years. Worse than under Roeder, Zola, Grant.
You were asked the same question the other day and your then answer was Di Mateo, PDC and Steve Bruce.

I'm sure you've got good reasons why you've ditched all of your favourites from just three days ago and replaced them with entirely different names but can you see how it looks?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Definitely need a tag change now UTJ, from 'Karl Pilkington' to 'Changes like the wind', or perhaps 'Chameleon Man'?
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
You were asked the same question the other day and your then answer was Di Mateo, PDC and Steve Bruce.

I'm sure you've got good reasons why you've ditched all of your favourites from just three days ago and replaced them with entirely different names but can you see how it looks?
I can see that there are some proper try hards on here :lol:

The 3 you mentioned are on the list.

As you can see, I reckon a lot of people would be doing better than the current excuse for a manager.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Can I change my vote please? :fsake:
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

West Ham Matt wrote: Are we winning?
So its not the style you mind it's the results? Just that earlier you said it was all about the style. If he was winning you would be quite happy with his hoofball, rinse and repeat?
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Post by West Ham Matt »

I has happy with it when we needed it, because it wasn't all bad football as I explained a million ****ing times.

Now it is 100% **** football without results.

Can any of you lot tell what's to like about Allardyce at the minute?

5 reasons please,
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Sorry, I support West Ham & show some actual loyalty to OUR managers. Seven managers I have backed out of nine in total.
I'd hate to be in earshot of you if Curbs had engineered the shower of **** Allardyce came up with today.

To me, we as supporters should either back ALL of our managers, or, if that's impossible, keep quiet when you can't bring yourself to publicly back them.

Why, if you were happy to refuse to back Curbishley, who, to my recollection, never let us get beaten by a mid-strength lower tier team, do you so strenuously back Sam now?

DaveWHU1964 wrote:

Matt has - in fairness - been calling for Bielsa for weeks now. Its unrealistic, but at least he's consistent.
Whugag

Post by Whugag »

The situation we in at the minute it can only be di canio to lift the whole place we are never going to get someone massive to manage us.mackay isn't no better than fat sam the whole place needs a lift we need to go back to attacking football 2 upfront.again the club needs a lift and quick that man is paolo.some west ham fans are so deluded we are in free fall at the minute with fat Sam he's doing worse than avram.
Paolo has he positives and negatives like every person in the whole world.but one positive is he loves west ham United and would fight tooth and nail for us.
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

West Ham Matt wrote: As you can see, I reckon a lot of people would be doing better than the current excuse for a manager.
Yep, and they change en masse from one day to the next. Didn't you mention Tony Carr as well the other day? If so, you are now up to your "Magnificent Seven'' at least.

Anyway, I wonder who your next set of managers-du-jour will be. I'll tune into your daily blog (AKA KUMB) to find out.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

prophet:marginal wrote: Matt has - in fairness - been calling for Bielsa for weeks now. Its unrealistic, but at least he's consistent.
That was me actually, but I swore to lay off after the Spuds cup win.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... w=viewpoll

The thread also includes this (sorry Matt but it did make me smile lol)
But it's just a fan vote, like this is just a fan vote. They carry as close to zero weight as you can get. The only thing that will bother G&S is attendance dropping, votes cast with our collective feet, and even then only if they're convinced it's down to Sam himself.

A vote in a poll on a forum website doesn't really constitute some kind of binding agreement does it?
Last edited by QuintonNimoy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Just voted yes.

prophet:marginal wrote: Matt has - in fairness - been calling for Bielsa for weeks now. Its unrealistic, but at least he's consistent.
fjthegrey wrote:That was me actually, but I swore to lay off after the Spuds cup win.
Matt has too.

You're both as bad as each other.

:wink:
DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Proph- yes, Bielsa's one of the names Matt mentions. But sadly for unfathomable reasons whilst Matt mentions him today he wasn't even in his top three on Thursday, lagging behind the genius of Steve Bruce. So I'll agree with your 'unrealistic' label but can't go along with the 'consistent' one.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Time will tell as to whether he made the right call today; I can understand why he made it even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

A decent result at Man City followed by another at Cardiff and some will say he'll be vindicated.

I feel like I'm not the best person to comment though, one of the 3k that were there today would be better to gauge an opinion from.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: So I'll agree with your 'unrealistic' label but can't go along with the 'consistent' one.
I can Dave, he is consistently unrealistic
EastEnd Exile

Post by EastEnd Exile »

Still a Yes for me....show some backbone. I would have fielded weakened team today too. Priorities count :crest:
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington

Post by West Ham Matt »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Yep, and they change en masse from one day to the next. Didn't you mention Tony Carr as well the other day? If so, you are now up to your "Magnificent Seven'' at least.

Anyway, I wonder who your next set of managers-du-jour will be. I'll tune into your daily blog (AKA KUMB) to find out.
The point is irrelevant if they ****ing change (which they haven't, but I'm typing out names when someone asks me on the spot to name a replacement) - the point is that a change is, despite what some people think, possible.

Allardyce isn't the only manager capable of making us this **** - there's plenty.