Transfer Window: January 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4251 likes

Re: January 2015 Transfer Window - News & Rumours

Post by bubbles1966 »

simon hammer wrote:I'm interested to know who you think the other nine are mate.
The ten I've had since before this latest window opened were:

Jussi: Demel: O'Brien: Nolan: Morrison: Vaz te: Jarvis: Cole: Maiga: Zarate

I think the club has made decent progress with four gone. Two more were lined up to go yesterday, while the arrival of Hendrie in the summer spells the end most likely for Demel.

That would leave Jussi (out of contract), plus O'Brien and Nolan (both with one year left).

If all those went, and we splashed the cash on Jenkinson and Song and retained Winston this is how we'd look:

Most of those gaps could be filled with Bosmans/loans.

I can see why they will probably hold onto O'Brien and Nolan, but I wouldn't. It's possible to make an argument for Carlton ('who else would sit back as Carroll's understudy?') but the writing is on the wall again.

I'd expect summer 2016 to be aiming at an outstanding CB and an outstanding player for the front 4.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

motta of juventus has had his contract terminated by mutual consent - we were looking at him last year
djoe

Post by djoe »

Most of those gaps could be filled with Bosmans/loans.
Ings for a nominal fee would be a decent sign in the summer.
Schar the defender from Basel also available for a nominal fee in the summer.

Some interesting Bosmans: Konoplyanka, Ayew (Marseille) Khedira, Alves (Barcelona) and Luiz Adriano (Shaktar) ...
Last edited by djoe on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

IG8Hammer wrote:Someone apparently in the know says Harry quit QPR this morning over club's lack of spending. Not sure how reliable...

Odds on Harry to be the next Premiership manager to leave have dropped slightly.
Bye Harry
woodford
Has liked: 409 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by woodford »

the excuse is that its for knee surgery
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

woodford wrote:the excuse is that its for knee surgery

Knee jerk? :D
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

djoe wrote:

Some interesting Bosmans: Konoplyanka, Ayew (Marseille) Khedira, Alves (Barcelona) and Luiz Adriano (Shaktar) ...
Do you think Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee would be able to land any of this lot ?
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Ings has signed a pre contract with Sociedad
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Roger The Relegator Johnson has joined.....................

Charlton.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Billydinho wrote:Fernandes appears to be running QPR properly now, or at least trying to
This HAS to be a joke.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

61dicksey wrote:Ings has signed a pre contract with Sociedad
I thought he was holding out for Liverpool in the summer?
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I still am at a quandry as to why nobody seems to want the players we are trying to get rid of, We have tried for the last three windows to shift players Demel JOB Vaz Carlton Jarvis but no one has risen to the bait, are they unsellable or are clubs reluctant to deal with us.
I know Vaz has gone but hat still leaves us paying wages, to players that are not really up to the premier league.
Are we still allowed to make any signings if we are I would suggest we try and do a deal for Diarra who is training with us we need that extra cb. if we say of Kouyate can cover then that depletes the midfield and returns to a no pace situation,
Same as the players who will be out of contract in the summer we should be working hard to sign Konoplankya, and get him on a pre contract as soon as possible, might even be worth looking at Mvia or whoever,
With Ings off to sunny climes it appears IMO Troy Deeney could be worth a punt,
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

At one side I am happy that we kept our team together, but not bringing in anyone while this is the time to try and push forward to the European spots can prove to be dramatic.

I can understand that if offers were rejected it didn't always make sense to follow up on them, but at least 1 or 2 extra players would have given us the depth in squad we need.
Believer
Has liked: 1391 likes
Total likes: 727 likes

Post by Believer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I still am at a quandry as to why nobody seems to want the players we are trying to get rid of, We have tried for the last three windows to shift players Demel JOB Vaz Carlton Jarvis but no one has risen to the bait, are they unsellable or are clubs reluctant to deal with us.
I know Vaz has gone but hat still leaves us paying wages, to players that are not really up to the premier league.
Vaz is gone. Carlton & Jarvis nearly went yesterday. We are not in a position to get rid of Demel or jOB at the minute due to injuries.

The fact that Jarvis and Cole nearly went yesterday indicates that they'll be let go in the summer. I don't think we will be hard to deal with either. Maybe because they know it's now or never, they'll kick on for the next few months which can only be good for them and us.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I haven't viewed any other threads but has anyone else thought this whole sham is just a stitch up by sully? (against allardyce obviously )

Allardyce fails his targets....we get rid with a decent transfer budget for his successor.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I haven't viewed any other threads but has anyone else thought this whole sham is just a stitch up by sully? (against allardyce obviously )
It does kind of hint at a parting of the waves this summer.
only1post
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by only1post »

David Sullivan has said this today:
"Would you believe, we now only have four months until the start of the summer window and with significant funds being made available again, our planning for that period can now begin in earnest."
Our manager should be fully involved with this planning so surely the first thing to do is sort out if Sam is the man for the next two seasons. If not then surely there is an argument to appoint his successor now? What is the point of making plans if we are going to get a new guy in the summer with his own ideas and targets. Sam has helped to create a united squad but I would guess the last few days may have eroded that slightly, with some players having every right to feel they are not in the gaffers long term plans.
As a few people have mentioned the squad is in need of quite a few new players in the summer.
Southampton replaced Adkins with Pochettino early in the new year which seemed to work ok for them.
Strong leadership from the board is needed now, if they want to keep Sam their first job should be to get his signature on a new contract as soon as possible.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

61dicksey wrote:Ings has signed a pre contract with Sociedad
That was just a rumour that was later denied by both clubs.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I haven't viewed any other threads but has anyone else thought this whole sham is just a stitch up by sully? (against allardyce obviously )

Allardyce fails his targets....we get rid with a decent transfer budget for his successor.

:arry:
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Up the Junction wrote: It does kind of hint at a parting of the waves this summer.
And also hints at why Sam is purposely not playing his strongest lineup and tactics...