Transfer Window: Summer 2015

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Ideal ins and out's in the summer? (Realistic(ish) only)

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Believer wrote: Is Celtic your Scottish team by any chance ?
Ha, well I have a mate who's a die hard celtc fan indeed.

I have seen quite a bit of them this season to see how Deila got on with them as he's a manager type I like, but that's it :wink:

I'm not Brown's biggest fan as he's not the best footballer in the world to put it mildly, but is a proper leader and grafter and the fans would love a player of his type, as a like for like swap for Nolan I mean who is equally limited.

Van Dijk is a full international for the dutch and it is evident he's got qualities even if he does get complacent sometimes. Needs to play at a higher level, already could've and definitely will. BEast in the air and good on the ground.

Didn't see much of Mcgeady at celtic, purely based on his performances this year whenever I have seen them, even if the locals don't agree hehe

Didn't know MArshall played for them, but he was outstanding for Cardiff last year, I watched nearly all their matches.

Oh and Guidetti have hit form over there, but also been very good for sweden u21 and you can tell he's got that little extra attitude (in a good way) to go with his talents that would make him a popular figure. Look at Carlton ffs lol. Takes a good free kick as well. Think he scored 3/3 in the beginning up there. 22 years old fulll international scandi on a free, we can do worse than that!
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Id like bolassie from palace. That young kid clough from bolton for future. Gray from birmingham. Smalling from man u. All realistic in my opinion. Outs the same as rest of ye.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Wilko1304 wrote:If Villa go down and we sell one of Sakho or Valencia then we should throw our hat into the Benteke ring with big money. A battle we can win? Not sure, but worth a go. Westwood isn't an awful player, and Baker looked decent against us and would be a cheap spare centre back.
I don't get the love for Benteke (not you, specifically, but generally) - he's had one good season, and 1½ (admittedly injury-plagued) seasons of doing nothing at all
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ That's often the way with 'new' strikers. They bang 'em in until the rest of the league have studied enough videos and figured out how to stop him.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

champs1uk wrote:Yes, I agree to all the outs but would also get Nolan on the coaching staff.

Think we would have enough cover in midfield with Kouyate, Noble, Song (if signed), Zarate, Downing, Amalfitano (new contract?), Diego Poyet.

Always thought Shelvy could do a job for us.

Other than that, I would like to see the same as this year with a few big name loans with a view to buy.
Amalfentanios deal was 1 year with an option for 2 further years so that's 3 year deal he signed
Exiledin cardiff
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Ruddy from Norwich
Jenkinson
Song
Caulker
Vlar if villa get relegated
Hughes from Derby,,,,,,,,,, push Noble to the bench
Deeny from watford

and Bilic please with a couple of outstanding Croats please
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:^^^^ That's often the way with 'new' strikers. They bang 'em in until the rest of the league have studied enough videos and figured out how to stop him.
I'd agree if he hadnt been the best player on the park numerous times since that first season. He transforms their team, a team that is absolutely awful mind you. There's also much to say about finding a player who can do it, like Benteke, and moving him forward with his talent so that defences dont learn how to play him.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

back up goalie
Shawcross
Caulker
Milner on a free
Hughes
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Johannes Geis
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Bergen Hammer wrote:
Ha, well I have a mate who's a die hard celtc fan indeed.

I have seen quite a bit of them this season to see how Deila got on with them as he's a manager type I like, but that's it :wink:
Van Dijk looks a player but unfortunately my judgement is reserved on him purely on the basis that any games I've watched him have been SPL. Could he do it week in week out at a higher level ? Apparently the Arse were looking at him but they've been looking at loads of CHs so I'd put him down as a maybe.

Marshall - absolutely. Great keeper. I'd be surprised if we weren't looking at him as Jussi's replacement. I think he is good enough to push Adrian and keep him at the standard that he is showing this season. Oh and by the way, message to our chairmen "I think now would be a good time to get Adrian on a new contract" we don't want another Reid scenario.

Brown is a funny one. I love his passion however watching him for Scotland, he is not the same player. He doesn't own the midfield like he does when playing for Celtic. Purely cos he is up against other Internationals. Down here he would be up against Internationals every week and I don't think he has enough to be a PL top 10 player

McGeady ? Meh ! Has a couple of tricks and a decent fullback can clobber him and he goes missing from what I've seen.
I haven't seen Guidetti so won't comment on him. Man City seem happy to sell him so he might be a good punt for someone.

One player up in Scotland I've been told about who is apparently going to be brilliant is a young kid at Aberdeen called Ryan Jack. By all accounts this kid is the real deal and was subject to a £2m or £3m bid during January from someone (don't know who) and it was knocked back

I'd like to see...

Marshall
Jenkinson (plus cover)
Reid
Gary Cahill
Song
Sigurdsson or Dembele
Tevez ( we are allowed a no chancer in our lists aren't we?)

That added to what we have already and we'd be top 6 no problem.
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Ins :

Id be looking if St Mirren had any blonde attacking midfield players and considering any wingers Oldham Athletic might have available :scarfer:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Gary Cahill is out of contract in the summer I think? Or do Chelsea have an extension?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

thejackhammer wrote:Gary Cahill is out of contract in the summer I think? Or do Chelsea have an extension?
I think he has another couple of years or one after this. Cahill was getting linked with a £120k a week contract last year - don't know what happened there ? Thing with signing a player like Cahill is though that we'd effectively be slowing up the progress of Henry so Tomkins, Reid, Collins and maybe the Genk Senegalese bloke ? Cahill would expect to start every week. Think we need 4 solid CHs and Henry
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Xander Houtkoop

Winger for ADO Den Haag

Good player.
like your suggestion mate..is he something we need though? he's a left winger/left back..last name means woodbuy btw :D
Bergen Hammer

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Believer wrote:
Van Dijk
Marshall
Brown
McGeady

One player up in Scotland I've been told about who is apparently going to be brilliant is a young kid at Aberdeen called Ryan Jack. By all accounts this kid is the real deal and was subject to a £2m or £3m bid during January from someone (don't know who) and it was knocked back

I'd like to see...

Tevez ( we are allowed a no chancer in our lists aren't we?)

That added to what we have already and we'd be top 6 no problem.
Fair assessment and top post believer!

I'll look out for young Jack next time I find it in me to watch the spl again.

And I welcome any no chancer we can get, especially Tevez!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Tevez will be summer 2016. Nailed on.
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Imagine Tevez/Sakho up front....
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Jenkinson
Song
Reid (sign new contract)
Boyata
Austin
Evans
Salah (why not?)
Will Hughes
Gep

Post by Gep »

bubbles1966 wrote:Tevez will be summer 2016. Nailed on.
Next stop for Carlitos is Buenos Aires. Boca
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Wilko1304 wrote:I'd agree if he hadnt been the best player on the park numerous times since that first season. He transforms their team, a team that is absolutely awful mind you. There's also much to say about finding a player who can do it, like Benteke, and moving him forward with his talent so that defences dont learn how to play him.
2 goals in 13 league games this season, 10 in 26 last. I haven't seen anything of Villa except on the TV, but I haven't been at all impressed with him either season. He got a little flurry last season, but looked poor the rest of the time, and he's been shocking this year (as have Villa, admittedly)