Manager 15: The Poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Who would you like to see appointed as West Ham United' 15th full-time manager?

Carlo Ancelotti (free agent)
12%
Rafa Benitez (Napoli)
5%
Marcelo Bielsa (Marseille)
23%
Slaven Bilic (free agent)
13%
Frank de Boer (Ajax)
7%
Tony Carr (West Ham Utd)
0%
Paul Clement (Madrid)
0%
Roberto Di Matteo (free agent)
0%
Unai Emery (Seville)
13%
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
5%
Jurgen Klopp (free agent)
13%
Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough)
0%
Michael Laudrup (free agent)
2%
Steve McClaren (free agent)
0%
Garry Monk (Swansea)
0%
David Moyes (Soceidad)
1%
Alan Pardew (C Palace)
1%
Harry Redknapp (free agent)
1%
Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool)
1%
André Villas-Boas (Zenit)
1%

Total votes: 846

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Re: Manager 15: The Poll

Post by davids cross »

The Gibbins wrote:Who voted for Tony Carr? ffs
I think you might have forgotten that Neil Carr is/was a distinguished member of the site. 8-)

Taps nose knowingly.....
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Why do I see a touch of the youngish John Lyall in Eddie Howe ? Maybe it's because he conducts himself so well .

I really think Howe is our man .
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

the pink palermo wrote:Why do I see a touch of the youngish John Lyall in Eddie Howe ?
Creepy,

When I think about Eddie Howe that's who I've thought of too.

Like the young John Lyall. Maybe it's just fond memories playing a teasing memory game. But I see it as well.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

So it looks like the FANS CHOICE is:

1. Marcelo Bielsa
2. Jurgen Klopp
3. Carlo Ancelotti
4. Slaven Bilic
5. Unai Emery

Whereas (IMO) the DAVES CHOICE is/was:

GROUP 1 (no particular order)
1. David Moyes
2. Rafa Benitez
3. Jurgen Klopp
4. Marcelo Bielsa
5. Carlo Ancelotti
6. Unai Emery

GROUP 2
7. Slaven Bilic
8. Michael Laudrup (supposedly)
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

With Benitez going Madrid though i think this has swayed alot of votes. I imagie Benitez would probably have got alot more if it wasn't for this - infact i think i would of voted him.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

k-r-c wrote:With Benitez going Madrid though i think this has swayed alot of votes. I imagie Benitez would probably have got alot more if it wasn't for this - infact i think i would of voted him.
Likewise.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Bilic

I interpreted the question as who realistically would you like to see (I'd love Klopp, but it ain't gonna happen).

I liked what I saw of Bilic's Croatia and Besiktas. Never watched Bielsa's Marseille but by the sounds of it could be realistic and would go out to entertain and win games so I'd also be happy with him if that's the case.

Never really heard or seen much of the likes of Emery, Clement or De Boer.
Last edited by hadleighhammer on Thu May 28, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vind

Post by vind »

I voted Bilic because I think we have the best chance of getting him and what I liked what I saw when he was national mgr of Croatia plus the Champions League tie against Arsenal.

In truth I would be happy with Bielsa/Dick Emery but I haven't seen an awful lot of them (apart from bits of last night's Europa League Final)
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I cancelled Sky Sports when we were relegated and only re-subscribed on the last day of this season [ yeah I know ] - so I haven't see a lot of European Football of late , I'd never heard of Unai Emery until I saw the List of Managers who were up for The West Ham Job .
I watched The Europa Cup Final or The Europa League Final as I think it's now called and saw a very competent Sevilla win the competition for a record 4th time - so this Unai Emery fella must have something about him .

I voted for him simply because [ apart from Ancelotti ] no one seemed to jump out at me .

Saying that I have nothing against an up and coming young Manager in Howe , I wouldn't mind Pardew back [ but a lot of you wouldn't ] - I thought Steve Bruce had Hull City playing some ok footie , same goes for Dyche - from the little I saw of Besitkas and it was a little , they seemed to use Ba up front on his own a lot [ and he performed very well I must say ] but don't think Bilic will come here and play some Trevor Brooking Expansive Football - most Managers are cagey these days because of the Money at stake .
OllyWHU6
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by OllyWHU6 »

I voted for De Boer, not because i particularly want him but because he is the closest manager to Phillip Cocu the manager i'd actually want. Bring him in and let him bring Arias and Wijnaldum over as well.None of which is going to happen or could feasibly cost more than we hope. But one can dream.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

I voted for Bilic as I'm old fashioned and can remember when we used to a) show loyalty to our managers and b) appoint from within with ex-players or promote from our own coaching staff.

To be fair to the current board, they gave Big Sam four full seasons which is very respectable in this day and age.

I'd like that to continue but I also want the other part of our tradition to be revived and I just think that Bilic is the best ex-hammer who is currently in the management game.
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

vote count currently on 666 - welcome Mr Satan our new manager
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Someone's voted for Karanka! It will make his day when he finds out.

:scarfer:
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Rodgers for me and if my hunch is correct I'll be £5k to the good.

Decent manager at our level.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Roby wrote:I voted for Bilic as I'm old fashioned and can remember when we used to a) show loyalty to our managers and b) appoint from within with ex-players or promote from our own coaching staff.

To be fair to the current board, they gave Big Sam four full seasons which is very respectable in this day and age.

I'd like that to continue but I also want the other part of our tradition to be revived and I just think that Bilic is the best ex-hammer who is currently in the management game.
Shame Bilic did not show much loyalty when Everton`s cash came calling
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Great to chat so many people at the awards ceremony tonight. They all agree with me, we should stop chasing pie in the sky candidates and start chasing realistic candidates like Chris Powell, Gary Rowett & Paolo
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Roby wrote:I voted for Bilic as I'm old fashioned and can remember when we used to a) show loyalty to our managers and b) appoint from within with ex-players or promote from our own coaching staff.

Same here mate for the same reasons.
Many will disagree and probably rightly, but I am stuck in my ways. i am happy with that. Don't hold a grudge he went to Everton. He was quality while with us and as a player I considered him a winner. Nothing within his management has made me think otherwise. I see an intelligent, committed and professional man, with West Ham pedigree.
That will do. :crest:
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Discobar wrote:
Shame Bilic did not show much loyalty when Everton`s cash came calling
Like Tony Cottee you mean?
Or Julian for the red side of town.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Tony and Dicks had been long term servants of the club, No issues with them moving on (although it hurt at the time). Bilic clearly not in the same league as those names with regards to club history. Bilic ****ed off after a year or so.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Discobar wrote:Tony and Dicks had been long term servants of the club, No issues with them moving on (although it hurt at the time). Bilic clearly not in the same league as those names with regards to club history. Bilic ****ed off after a year or so.
Both chose to spend their peak years on Merseyside.