Transfer Window: January 2016

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

2Dimensional

Re: January 2016 Transfer Rumours

Post by 2Dimensional »

djoe wrote:2Dimensional: Tah was sold to Leverkussen this summer
Was not aware of that. Thanks for the info :thup: i also forgot to add that Sisto looks mustard, lots of confidence and courage for one of his age. Him alongside Payet and Lanzini would scare the s**t out of pretty much any defence!
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Oh how fickle us West Ham fans can be!

It wasn't so long ago that Cresswell was hailed as the best left back we had , had in years, now with the standard of recruiting improving , some are calling for an upgrade already.

yes I understand about the rb position and we need to either secure Jenkinson or get in a replacement, who don't ask me, but I do think we are a being a tad harsh on Cresswell.

If we are using that as a yardstick then surely Noble should be replaced as well. His drop in form last season was far more noticeable than Cresswells but because he hails fron Cannin tahn he's irreplaceable.

Also whats happened to Hendrie I thought he was being groomed as Cresswells replacement,

I just find find it hard to fathom why last seasons rising star has turned into a burnt out firework.
We do need to strengthen agreed but surely we need to off load a few before we do
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Oh how fickle us West Ham fans can be!

It wasn't so long ago that Cresswell was hailed as the best left back we had , had in years, now with the standard of recruiting improving , some are calling for an upgrade already.

yes I understand about the rb position and we need to either secure Jenkinson or get in a replacement, who don't ask me, but I do think we are a being a tad harsh on Cresswell.
To be honest i think the best answer would be an fb who could play either ie cover for Cresswell or replace Jenks when Uncle Arsene wants him back. Anyway,if competition for the LB spot would motivate cresswell to step his game up (as Jenks has after his shocking start), thats a good thing in my book. Noble is a tricky choice but i think with Lanzini, Kouyate, Song and Obiang (with Cullen and Oxford on the horizon) all able to cover his spot theres no need to replace him. Anyway, if we did, i'd say go for Shelvey: Barking kid, ain't he?
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I see what you are saying 2 D

But by even thinking about replacing Noble you have left yourself open to dogs abuse , unless like my self you have lost you c&b glasses, personally I'd have Shelvey or Will Hughes.

Note from teacher Exiled must not critisize Noble he;s untouchable
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

I don't abuse anyone who thinks Noble should be replaced, I just don't trust a word they say.
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I see what you are saying 2 D

But by even thinking about replacing Noble you have left yourself open to dogs abuse , unless like my self you have lost you c&b glasses, personally I'd have Shelvey or Will Hughes.

Note from teacher Exiled must not critisize Noble he;s untouchable
Thanks for the tips Exiled :thup: have already been called a tradition hater, plastic supporter etc on twitter for suggesting that noble could have a diminished role (not even replaced!).

Hughes is of course a young and extremely promising player- for much the same reason i support a move for Pione Sisto, or Redmond of Narrich. My rationale for Shelvey is that he is effectively a better noble: imo does everything nobes does on the pitch (cant comment on offpitch leadership) to at least the same degree or better. Even fulfills the whole local boy criteria. Hows about Wilshere too? Shame about the injury and coke addiction though
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

[quote="2Dimensional"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we linked with either De Sciglio or Abate (AC Milan RBs) over the summer?[/quote]

Just checked with a Milan supporting mate and he's confirmed that De Sciglio plays either side. In addition, at the age of 23, he'd be a great signing for the future squad along with the young guns like Cullen or Oxford. Abate is a bit older at 29 but crucially hasnt started much (only 2-3 games) for Milan this season, so might be happy to move on. Plenty of pace as well. Both would be fantastic signings to really shore up the FB position if we couldnt get a reasonable deal for Jenks.
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by polar »

If Jenks has a good season surely we are looking at £10m +. Not sure if that is reasonable or not.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

polar wrote:If Jenks has a good season surely we are looking at £10m +. Not sure if that is reasonable or not.
very much depends on how good a season and what level of investment our club can make at the time.

If we finish high and we're looking to keep the momentum going, that may end up looking like a small investment
DODGYDAL

Post by DODGYDAL »

polar wrote:If Jenks has a good season surely we are looking at £10m +. Not sure if that is reasonable or not.
I would rather try for Debuchy at that price if Arsenal are so desperate to hang on to Jenko they don't need 3 right backs
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

DODGYDAL wrote: I would rather try for Debuchy at that price if Arsenal are so desperate to hang on to Jenko they don't need 3 right backs
Debuchy is 30 and barely starts any more with the emergence of Bellerin. Would not touch him with a barge pole at the price of 10m. For that much worth asking after Calum Chambers? Again a young player good prem experience can also cover CB if needed.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Perhaps hopefully one of our own will come thro and fill RB fingers crossed
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

Messi :lol: He would do well as back up for Payet
2Dimensional

Post by 2Dimensional »

peter49uk wrote:Perhaps hopefully one of our own will come thro and fill RB fingers crossed
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Burke can fill RB and has played a few matches there for Bradford on loan. Other than that do we have any up-and-coming RBs? What about that Lewis Page lad?
stevejnr64

Post by stevejnr64 »

IF we need a right back

Daryl Janmaat.

But I'm happy with Jenks

But honestly looking at our squad, Were looking pretty good.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

2Dimensional wrote:
I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Burke can fill RB and has played a few matches there for Bradford on loan. Other than that do we have any up-and-coming RBs? What about that Lewis Page lad?
We have Kyle Knoyle who is an England U18 international, and also Alex Pike who played some games in pre-season, both are attacking fullbacks. Knoyle is particularly well rated apparently.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Here we go :D

West Ham set to make €30m bid for star

Claims also that we are looking at Croatian CB, Antonio Milic.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Class player, bit of a twat though and temperamental, doesn't always turn up.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Not a West Ham Rumour , but......

Watching Antoine Griezman scoring a superb goal for Atletico Madrid made me think........

Then I looked him up and the first word I saw was ' Chelsea Transfer News '..... :)

Looks a very useful player , Slav , go get him .
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Don't think we've got a spare £60mil right now dude.