Defoe sale = no sense

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SL

Post by SL »

Relocated Hammer
No.1
Location: Manchester. Where they speak funny, look funny, dress funny and call lunch 'Dinner' - Weird

Post by Relocated Hammer »

East Stand Martin wrote:Well, well - now look what Mr Pardew is saying on the official *****:

We want to remember him celebrating goals and celebrating goals alone - as well as, hopefully, promotion.

"We are two days away from the fact that he will be with us and I can't wait for that day to arrive.

"I have said all along that I want to adhere him to the club and we are doing as much as we can.

"A special talent like his doesn't come along that often, even to a great club like West Ham - we have to do everything we can to keep him, and that is what we are trying to do."

OK, I'm not going to beat around the bush on this: IT'S MUSIC TO MY FU*King EARS.

Alan, my friend, I like the cut of your jib. Where could we be if we could just get rid of that wastrel Chairman of ours? The revolution has unfinished business.
Hallelujah, looks like our team have won this round ESM.
I just pray that we go on a long winning run, get promotion and Pards can pursuade him that his future is at West Ham !!!

Alan Pardew's Claret & Blue Army !!!
East Stand Martin
Wasted on this site

Post by East Stand Martin »

Relocated Hammer wrote: Hallelujah, looks like our team have won this round ESM.
I just pray that we go on a long winning run, get promotion and Pards can pursuade him that his future is at West Ham !!!

Alan Pardew's Claret & Blue Army !!!
As I said when this gargantuam thread started: Defoe sale = no sense. Nothing has emerged which has made me want to revise that view, in fact with the new signings, I am even more convinced that it is the right way forward.

I have my tickets for the Bradford game and I will be cheering from the rafters when Defoe steps onto the pitch. I will also go mental when he sticks one away.
Relocated Hammer
No.1
Location: Manchester. Where they speak funny, look funny, dress funny and call lunch 'Dinner' - Weird

Post by Relocated Hammer »

East Stand Martin wrote: As I said when this gargantuam thread started: Defoe sale = no sense. Nothing has emerged which has made me want to revise that view, in fact with the new signings, I am even more convinced that it is the right way forward.

I have my tickets for the Bradford game and I will be cheering from the rafters when Defoe steps onto the pitch. I will also go mental when he sticks one away.
I will be there too and will do likewise !
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

What people say and what people do are two very different things.
AP can say nothing other than he has to keep sniffing noses sniffing harder than they already are.
I saw him on Jonathon Perace's football night last night and he said as much as he could about Defoe which would have us believe he'll be staying but admitted that West Ham would have to seriously consider offers over £8m.
There lies the starting point. :wink:

TC was also on the programme which was hosted by West Ham fan Mark Webster and along with the Pardew interview, made happy viewing.
I like AP, now he's been with us 3 months, I could not wish for someone else. :)
East Stand Martin
Wasted on this site

Post by East Stand Martin »

I spawned this thread, and I am now officially going to lay it to rest.

I will be supporting the Z-man as I do all players. I just feel that this is a bad mistake and have been saying so for the last month.

Now that Brown and you sellers have got your way, it's now over to you to justify the sale over the coming months. I think that we will live to regret it, I hope I'm wrong.

The window has now closed and Defoe has gone. I have expended a lot of arguments and energy in this debate which has been very stimulating.

I pay tribute to all the c**ts that disagreed with me (except that f**ker Sicknote :lol: ), I never took any of it personally. To those that backed my arguments and are as pissed off as I am at this moment in time, I say let's move on with the team we love. COME ON YOU IRONS!