The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Re: The 2016 summer transfer thread

Post by Colours never run »

Oh good. Only PSG, Man City and Barca now to worry about.

I've always felt personally that if he was to ever go, it would be back to France with PSG with everything they have to offer in both football, personal and monetary terms.
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the chances created per 90 mins stat for our midfield for the 3 games so far:

Tore: 2.86
Antonio: 0.78
Kouyate: 0.67
Noble: 1.33

I have a lot of faith that Tore will become a very useful player for us. He's looked a little unfit and off his game so far, but it's early days and his end product still looks handy.
interesting stats. i thought tore delivered a few nice chances - especially the one fletcher should have probably taken in city match. yes, he's looked a little out of sorts, but coming off an injury into a new league isn't ideal and it's only been 3 matches. as you say, i still have hope for him.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the chances created per 90 mins stat for our midfield for the 3 games so far:

Tore: 2.86
Antonio: 0.78
Kouyate: 0.67
Noble: 1.33

I have a lot of faith that Tore will become a very useful player for us. He's looked a little unfit and off his game so far, but it's early days and his end product still looks handy.

I've noted he's been detailed to take corners and free kicks during that time which is going to slee the figures more in his favour compared to others who do it from open play. And of those set pieces, nothing much has come close to coming to something.

You never know, he might just turn a massive corner and show his true worth. Because if this is pretty much as good as it gets from him, he won't last long. f*** knows how he gets a real look in when Antonio, Payet, Lanzini, Feghouli, Ayew and arguably a couple of others now start playing regularly.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

I think we are more likely to see outgoings than incomings in January. I can see Sakho sold, especially if Zaza meets expectations. I can also see there being teams looking at Obiang again and one of our goalies.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

kalashnikov wrote:Thanks. I missed that entirely. I blame UtJ went off the contract lengths on the squad page
Up the Junction wrote: How does that work then? The info provided is correct!
You're right I checked again and it's my mistake.

2 years + 2 year option (signed October 2015)

At first glance it looked like it was the option that was signed in October 15, not a new 2 year contract plus 2 year option.
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

Colours never run wrote:I've noted he's been detailed to take corners and free kicks during that time which is going to slee the figures more in his favour compared to others who do it from open play. And of those set pieces, nothing much has come close to coming to something.

You never know, he might just turn a massive corner and show his true worth. Because if this is pretty much as good as it gets from him, he won't last long. **** knows how he gets a real look in when Antonio, Payet, Lanzini, Feghouli, Ayew and arguably a couple of others now start playing regularly.
yep. things like this are why i really like the board's transfer policy lately when it comes to loans. the risks are too high to get in players that are hard to shift. we probably use them more effectively than most clubs and it's really paid off the past few years.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1413 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Just to confirm, didn;t Jinxed say the Tore deal came with an obligation to buy - not an option? Presumably similar to the one with Zaza - i.e. play a certain number of games and we have to pay out the £10m(?) for him?

EDIT: He did. Here it is:
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Is there an obligation to buy with Tore?
Jinxed wrote:Yes
S-H
Has liked: 5721 likes
Total likes: 9640 likes

Post by S-H »

Just seen that Remy has gone back to Chelsea, ruled out for 2 months with a thigh injury.

We should've been all over that.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

that could have been us
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:that could have been us

Don't be ridiculous.

He would have been out for at least 6 months if it was us :D
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1413 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I still can't believe people think Palace did better business than us this summer. Let alone the players they signed, they sold Bolasie and Jedinak who were key players for them.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

And on that note, it's time to consign our biggest ever transfer thread to the Hall of Fame.

See you again in January.