The 2016 summer transfer thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: A £20 million plus striker: The summer transfer thread

Post by fjthegrey »

szola wrote:Creative players aren't simply the ones who play the last pass before a goal.
Burnley Hammer wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree on that definition I'm afraid!
It's alright if you take out the last sentence you quoted.

I firmly agree creativity does not necessarily mean a player with high assist stats. Pirlo didn't get an inordinate amount of assists but is just about the most creative central midfield player I've ever seen play. He'd set other people on their way who would often play the final ball.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Batshuayi
Sadly I think this one is either going to end up at Arsenal or Tottenham in the summer if he moves at all as he just penned a new deal.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Mauro Icardi.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Lamine Sane suspended by Boredeaux after some issues with their goalkeeper.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

fjthegrey wrote:I firmly agree creativity does not necessarily mean a player with high assist stats. Pirlo didn't get an inordinate amount of assists but is just about the most creative central midfield player I've ever seen play. He'd set other people on their way who would often play the final ball.
I agree with that - and I still say that Song isn't that player. Noble possibly is. I haven't checked any stats on this but I would bet that Song has the worst stats outside of defence when it comes to both chances created and key passes. Not that I'm knocking him - I actually like Song, and I think he's very effective when it comes to closing people down and tackling. But a creative outlet, he's not.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Antonio Sanabria on loan at Gijon from Roma is also having an impressive season for a 19 year old.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

szola wrote:I thought defensive midfielders were supposed to sit back, and let other players venture forward
Well they are.... to a degree. But I would expect them to venture a little more forward to support the attack when we're dominating and having spells of possession in the attacking third. My point was that we tend to concede possession so quickly in this area that Noble, Song and co don't even get a chance to come further forward. If we could hold onto the ball a bit more intelligently at times when we're building an attack, it forces the opposition deeper. Best form of defence. It just seems to me like we get penned in our own half very frequently, and we end up relying on one of our energic players to occasionally make a charge up the field to relieve the pressure. The reason we get penned in is that, more often than not, the opposition keep the ball in the attacking third far better than we do. Sometimes I wonder if our tactics are by choice, or dictated by the opposition.

At least, this is how I see things anyway.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Anthony Ujah at Bremen is also an interesting one.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Daniel Didavi is out of contract at Stuttgart in the summer. Good goal scoring record from midfield. Worth a look.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

I think we could be surprised at the level of player that the Olympic Stadium could attract. Robert Lewandowski or Karim Benzema please.

:scarfer:
RM6

Post by RM6 »

ironstu wrote:I think we could be surprised at the level of player that the Olympic Stadium could attract. Robert Lewandowski or Karim Benzema please.

:scarfer:
Never gonna happen. Twice as unlikely when you realise they're both on close to 10 million Euros a season.
Chelmo Hammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chelmo Hammer »

:arry: 's got some transfer advice for us.....

http://www.football365.com/news/west-ha ... y-redknapp
a86

Post by a86 »

Lacazette has to be bought at any cost. consistently scoring every season for a top club in ligue 1 and in Europe. we've been linked to Batshuayi and he looks a promising player just breaking into the Belgium team, he needs a lot more game time and at the price is he ready to be the main man for west ham, not now but will be in a couple of seasons.

we don't really need a massive overhaul of players in the summer window. I can't see many players leaving.

Jelavic on his way out to china next month so that £1m recouped and £55k per week in wages. Moses loan deal will end and with him being on £70k per week is a reason why we should give those wages towards a world class striker. Jenkinson's deal ended either way so that frees up wages next year. Joey O'Brien's contract ends in the summer, so he's out the door.

Song's loan deal ends and so does his Barcelona contract and we should ONLY sign him on wages between £60k-70k, with his age a consideration and also the current players we have Noble, Obiang and Kouyate in the middle, I can't see him having a major effect on the squad next year. I'd rather go back to Anderlecht and sign a youngster called Youri Tielemans. top draw player, the kid is 18 years old... 18 and made over 80 appearances for the first team!

To buy Emenike for £8m in the summer isn't tempting enough for me and we should focus elsewhere. I think it's pretty much certain he was brought in to do a job out wide, we haven't seen the best of him yet... or at all really, can't judge him after 20mins cameo against Southampton. Gokhan Tore keeps getting linked and he would be a very good buy, but I'm worried he will have the same effect as Jarvis with his small frame and stuck out wide.

We already have youth stars as replacements in Oxford for Song, Cullen or Samuelson for Moses and Burke as cover for the CB's.

We need another right back though, I like Byram and he will be a star, but at the moment we need someone more recognised. I would be tempted to go knocking on Aston Villa's door and see if Micah Richards wants to join.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Bony would be a very decent signing, I'd be happy with: Bony, Sakho, Carroll & Valencia. Plus 1 other as a real back up (ie Emineke or Jelavic).
bobo

Post by bobo »

Batshuayi

Halilovic

Tore

Forrester

Davide Santon or Iorfa from Wolves

Quality of a quantity plus our usual brilliant pick from the lower leagues
Last edited by bobo on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

bobo wrote:Batshuayi

Halilovic

Tore

Forrester

Davide Santon or Iorfa from Wolves
The first 3 for sure!

Don't know enough about the last 2 to say.
Buxe
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Buxe »

A tenuous bit of info... Through work I came into contact with a football agent based in Germany. He has brokered a few deals at Karlsruhe (Bilic's of club) and says they have mutual acquaintances. I asked if he knew any rumours about West Ham, to which he said no other than apparently we have looked at someone called Embolo from Basel.

Only other things he told me was Bayern Munich looking at Damian at Man Utd and that his buddy is Kroos' agent and he made a small fortune from the move to Real.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Embolo would be a sensational signing. If true, I really love whoever it is doing the scouting.

He wouldn't get close to 20 next season, he's so young but in a few years time he'll be world class.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Every time I've watched Halilovic this season only a few times, he should've of had a brace every game but didn't score, not writing him off at all, just saying when I've seen the odd Sporting game.

Was really impressed by Lacazette last year not as much this year, still think Fekir is the star
Last edited by fmgod on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

a86 wrote:Lacazette has to be bought at any cost
He is on his way to China