Transfer Window: January 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Re: January 2017 Transfer Window

Post by simon hammer »

Outs - Carroll, Zaza, Tore, Callieri, Feghouli, Nordtveit, Sakho, Byram.

Ins - Sturridge or Lacazette, and a right back.

Try and keep Payet, even if it means paying over the odds for a striker.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Berahino is a selfish goal scorer. That's what we need to get us out of this mess.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

61dicksey wrote:Sahko cash plus Rondon WBA
Sakho is a PL goal scorer. He is a stroppy git and apparently a bit of a handful off the field but I'd guess a lot of PL footballers are the same. We just don't hear about other clubs problem players.

We should do everything we can to get him back on side and in the team. If he scores goals he gets new deal. Simple.
I like the idea that Bilic is trying to install discipline into the squad but sometimes you need to do what's best for the team. If Sakho can understand that he will be a squad player and the players are happy to welcome him back then we should draw a line under the issue and move on. We are not in a position to be choosy. 11 games in and our strikers have scored no goals ! That is disgraceful !!
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Oh! Don't get me wrong "believer" I would like to see Sahko back playing for us but feel that a line has been crossed. If he were to play again then he needs to publicly apologise but I just don't think he has the right mental faculties to get over his problems. He let the team, his team. Mates, the fans and of course Bilic down no,going back for me.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

This thread needs to be re-titled to Sullivan BS, Loans and Free Signings January 2017 thread.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Can't see a need for Ivanovic or Mikel, especially with both looking on the decline.

I'd look at Berahino again. Definitely available. Definitely better than what we have.

Sturridge won't move, England place is fine and Liverpool are on to compete for the title.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Kialos wrote:This thread needs to be re-titled to Sullivan BS, Loans and Free Signings January 2017 thread.
:tune:
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Re: Sullivan BS Loans and Free Signings January 2017 thread

Post by Roby »

They always go for players that are slightly off the radar...

Doubt we will pay big money for either Rondon or Berahino at WBA, with his dip in form last season and invisible man routine this one then both of those will be valued at higher than Sakho and you now our board insist on full value for money. It won't happen.

I can give you two names that I'd 150% state now we will either be sniffing around or the media will link us to - both top strikers in China who we could try and get on loan.

Jackson Martinez and Graziano Pelle.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Sell Payet for big money and use that cash to get Arnautovic, a proper striker and a right back in.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Berahino? Pelle?

Do me a favour!

If we want to stay bottom half they are fine. If we dare show any ambition then no way.
bobo

Post by bobo »

We need players with real legs who can get up the field. Even yesterday we look like we are trogging around the field, Antonio has lost the drive and hunger. No player try's to stretch the play or get in behind or in front of the player with the ball, our football has become so so boring!!!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Sell Payet and a few others, pocket the cash, and then make some loan signings.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

These don't have a pedigree for spending, so I'm not expecting much, although having said that, they won't want to oversee a relegation. However, we need to replace as many as 9 first team regulars, between now and next summer.

Out:
Adrian
Nordtveit
Collins
Reid
Noble
Calleri
Zaza
Tore
Feghouli

In
Rui Patricio
Ivanovic
Keane
Schneiderlin
Okazaki
Bacca
Martial
Vardy
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

I'd love for Calleri to come good. Not being selected yet doesn't suggest he'll be around for long.
Not being involved in Europe also calls for a trimmed squad.

Another one who must be on his way is Sakho.

If the 10-16 game limit before we buy is true, Zaza must be off to Italy before xmas.

The Chinese transfer window closes early Feb? We could squeeze a couple of FA cup games out of him before offloading him as well. We also might have a few more points from the January games - ManUtd, CrystalP, Middl - he would thrive against those defenders.

Even if Töre hasn't had a good game, I'd have him in the squad. With Payet/Lanzini being the preferred attackers from midfield, Feghouli and Töre are the reserves. We'll need both wingers until May. As the season unfolds, Antonio and Ayew look to be our players up front, along with Fletcher.

If Arbeloa isn't interested in being part of a team, and Byram is out for months, we'll need another back-up to the RB than Nordtveit.

January is probably too early to bring in another keeper, but one from Randolph and Adrian should go. They are too similar. We should have a clear first choice.

God knows who we can bring in. Pelle is in China. He was more than decent last season. Raiding the unwanted playes from the top half clubs? They should want to send them to us. It'll make us better against their opponents, and they can't play against the team they're loaned from..
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

A problem with loans from China could be the ludicrous wages they're on.

Pelle, for example, is reputedly on €350,000 per week

What percentage of that would Sullivan be prepared to pay? What are the chances of Shandong accepting it?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

szola wrote:God knows who we can bring in.
Players out of favour at other teams, foreign loans (and small club players) and players whose contracts are nearly up.

I hope to God we ain't going to waste time chasing players who are way beyond our reach.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

bubbles1966 wrote:I hope to God we ain't going to waste time chasing players who are way beyond our reach.
When you're in the bottom 5 or 6 , pretty much any decent player is out of reach .

Clear the decks .
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

61dicksey wrote:Oh! Don't get me wrong "believer" I would like to see Sahko back playing for us but feel that a line has been crossed. If he were to play again then he needs to publicly apologise but I just don't think he has the right mental faculties to get over his problems. He let the team, his team. Mates, the fans and of course Bilic down no,going back for me.
It's such a shame cos all that will happen is - whatever we get for him will only go towards a loan fee.

The same goes with Payet. People seem to think we'd reinvest the money. Not a chance. This summer we should have added to him. Instead we've now got people advocating his sale. Would Lanzini step up to the mantle in his absence or would he feel it's a lost cause staying here as well ? Sad times.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The board are happy to rent a stadium, why wouldn't they extend that business model to players?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

That's always been Sullivan's business model.Trevor Francis said he would field a team of 11 loans if he could. He said it when a pundit during the 2012 play off final