The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

Orson Cart

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by Orson Cart »

Yes. I am a West Ham supporter. I'll support them wherever they play. I might be a unpopular for having this view but I also actually like the new place. I started attending games in the late 70's when the Boleyn could be an awesome place on occasion, but it was not always so, as I'm sure many will remember.
Just like any stadium when things aren't going well, or when playing an uninspiring opponent, it could be a very quiet and depressing atmosphere sometimes even back then.
I sympathise enormously to people that have been caught up in the segregation issues especially those moved from their seats, that's just not on. But hopefully once these issues have been sorted out, with the team playing better and the backing of the crowd we can make this stadium fantastic.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Orson Cart wrote: I might be a unpopular for having this view.
This is crucial - not at all.

It may be an unpopular view, but you're entitled to it. You shouldn't be made unpopular for having it.

The issue is that I keep reading that 'the majority' are happy. I really don't see it that way. And you acknowledge the issues some are experiencing which is good and more than the 'I'm allright jack' crowd.
tall paul
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by tall paul »

Had to go for unsure, if they can get the problems sorted without alienating long time supporters then definitely but not convinced they can
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

DrVenk wrote:Will give it my all this season, but don't think I can renew with the current owners in charge.
Voted No for the same reason

Not anything to do with the stadium itself
stainton153

Post by stainton153 »

As with a lot above. Absolutely hate the place and no longer enjoy going to games. Only thing making me half tempted is the thought of going on the waiting list and if things change not being able to get one back. Also not being able to go to many away games.
Mick-the-Miller

Post by Mick-the-Miller »

Another 'not sure' - the Team have been poor this year after a disastrous Transfer Window, injuries and poor form.

I can't say that I have enjoyed the ' Olympic Stadium Experience', the place is a lash-up - the fiasco over the retractable seating is typical of the appalling planning that has gone into the place. I don't like the walk to and from the Station, getting pushed from pillar to post is insulting and disrespectful - treating the punters like criminals - my seat is fine, you're a long way from the play but that's the same for everyone, the journey is easier but it's not and never will be home. As I'm writing this I must admit I'm leaning towards not renewing next year - definitely not if we get relegated.
Superslav
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Superslav »

Season ticket holder in BML with my brother and our mate since 1995. Our view in the OS is pretty much the same as at Upton Park, but obviously just a bit further back. So, we can't really moan about that.

I started going over to Upton Park in 1987 with my dad, standing in the North Bank, so I remember those heady days in the early 90s with the non-stop singing of Billy Bonds' Claret and Blue army.

But, I'm not a massively dramatic football romantic, and could see that it was always inevitable that we would have to follow the Arsenals, Chelseas, and to a lesser extent, the Sunderlands and So'tons with these overly sanitised, super-duper, multi-purpose football stadiums. I could put up with that.

It's just that we've been told we've got the best ground on the planet, better than the Nou Camp, Allianz Arena and Maracana all rolled into one.

In actual fact, we've been completely stitched up. We've been given an athletics bowl, with some crappy demountable metal frames with seats on, some fluorescent B&Q tarpaulin to cover the running track, and the most open, windiest, coldest concourse/drinking area this side of the Arctic circle. In fact the ground is the biggest bodge job in football since Brighton had to use that shitty Withdean stadium for 12 years. At least they knew that was temporary.

It's so sad, but our 21 year season ticket legacy will end this season, unfortunately. We'll try to go to more away games, and perhaps watch some lower league football and a bit more cricket. But, the sooner we see the back of that monstrosity of a stadium the better!

:crest:
Ray_The_Hammer

Post by Ray_The_Hammer »

Yes
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

Yes, always and forever.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

No

Plan is to start following the club, with my boys, as away game supporters

The owners lies about player investment, and the stadium, have finally seen me off. I wont give them any more of my hard earned money

Added to that, we get treated so badly by this lot its becoming embarrassing
LJ 80

Post by LJ 80 »

No for me and my son. Personal circumstances have kind of dictated it although the stadium and our owners have made the decision far far too easy. Sadly my 14 year old is not that bothered as he dislikes the new place as much me.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Yes...severing ties when its part of your DNA isn't possible for me...
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Yes - reluctantly and assuming that my seat is the same for the same price. Transport's excellent - always at Euston in under 35 minutes from final whistle.

I might not feel the same after Saturday - first real test of the weather with the forecast being 4C and a NE wind.
The Overlook
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by The Overlook »

I don't really know what I'll end up doing. Previously our group was scattered around the Boleyn so it has been nice sitting together, but we are absolutely miles away from the pitch.

I have really tried with this ground and of course I will continue to do so.

My Dad and I won't be renewing our current seats. Maybe a move closer to the pitch will be an option. That's just one of a long list of issues though.

Voted Unsure.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Unsure. Leaning more towards not renewing with more games I attend at the stadium (results no baring at all, considering WHU always lose matches)
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I gave up my ST a couple of seasons back. I dont intend to be going to that god awful place any time soon under the current regime.

I do have a question though UTJ......

Will the results of the poll be forwarded to the club? I doubt it'll make much difference, I just thought i'd ask.
Deano_Hammer

Post by Deano_Hammer »

Unsure. I was always against the move but was willing to embrace it over time, personal experience in the stadium and the way our owners and vice chair treat our core support is pushing me further away, which I always thought i'd be immune to given that I hate missing games and love the club regardless of who is in charge.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

This particular poll is not for me to answer as i gave up two seasons ago. But in all honestly, to change this question slightly, i am not looking to go back at this moment in time. I have got a membership, i was all for the move in the beginning but having been there 5 or 6 times now i can't really say i have enjoyed a match except Chelsea. I don't think there has been a genuinely good game of football on display there, it doesn't feel like a football ground.

The fans have not been entertained this season, the move has hardly gone according to plan and it doesn't surprise me there are season ticket holders disillusioned, the board need to pull their finger out.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Will the results of the poll be forwarded to the club?
That won't be necessary E&C as the club monitor the forum themselves.
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

yep - things can only get better

in addition and besides from the chelsea game due to the way the fixtures have worked we have had the arse end of the league to play at home to date - so the atmosphere has been rubbish.
once jan comes round and we get more of spurs, united, liverpool, etc. it'll be much improved