The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

WoodfordJnr

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by WoodfordJnr »

^^ THIS
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

BSB1 wrote:Don't have to think twice about renewing. Had a ST for nearly 30 years and paid on the gate before that.

West Ham isn't just about supporting 11 footballers for 90mins, that's often the worst part of the day out. It's everything that comes with it, mates, beers, travelling etc etc. Having a ticket is just part of the package.

There's many who will understand that, and many that won't.
Completely 100% agree but you've made my (and many others') point. This stadium has, so far, ruined the match day experience - the queues, the walking, the stewards, westfield etc.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

BSB1 wrote:Don't have to think twice about renewing. Had a ST for nearly 30 years and paid on the gate before that.

West Ham isn't just about supporting 11 footballers for 90mins, that's often the worst part of the day out. It's everything that comes with it, mates, beers, travelling etc etc. Having a ticket is just part of the package.

Agreed, the football is only a fraction of what the matchday experience is about, unfortunately all the good stuff which went with it has gone as far as i'm concerned, like you say... the drinks, the travelling etc... thats all gone to ****, thats actually what hurts more than anything.... no renewal for me.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

It's got more 'teething problems' than Shane MacGowan and Ravel Morrison in Willy Wonker's chocolate factory.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Not sure.

As one of the 50,000 on the ST waiting list :lol: it all depends.

If they sort out the Claret Membership ballot fiasco then I will probably keep the Membership option.

If we go down I will pay on the door with 20,000 others.

If we stay up and decent seats are available I will probably get ST.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Pretty much couldn't have put this better myself.

I don't enjoy the OS but was talking to a City fan who was working in the car park at the cricket ground last night and he was saying its taken a good few years to settle down there which gives some hope, worryingly my Southampton supporting mates still reckon a good number there still are against there new stadium after about 10 years.

I do wonder as well if the games at the OS have a bearing on our thoughts (bar the Chelsea game) the run of homes games wouldn't have been top of the list in terms of atmosphere at The Boleyn. I get the issues and don't agree how we have been treated but do wonder after Liverpool, Everton, City, Man U, Tottenham, Chelsea (again), Arsenal even Palace whether we may look slightly different about things? (as a side note makes you think how poor our points total really is - a lot of tough games at the OS to come starting from Saturday and moving into the second half of the season).

I hope as well with more ST holders moving to where they want to be will help too.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

good job the board has 50,000 people waiting to fill those seats left by STH's that dont renew!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

sharphammer wrote:Agreed, the football is only a fraction of what the matchday experience is about, unfortunately all the good stuff which went with it has gone as far as i'm concerned, like you say... the drinks, the travelling etc... thats all gone to ****, thats actually what hurts more than anything.... no renewal for me.
Whereas the drinks and the travelling are much better for me (I avoid Stratford). Yet I feel more disillusioned in attending due to the treatment of the fans.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Whereas the drinks and the travelling are much better for me (I avoid Stratford). Yet I feel more disillusioned in attending due to the treatment of the fans.[/quote]

agree with that too... I may be in the minority but I can safely say absolutely nothing is better for me, the journey is still painful, the socializing before is worse and to top it all of I went from from row 3 in the BML at the Boleyn to Row 52 BMU at the OS, apparently the best they could offer as us original 5 season ticket holders became 11 due to the +2 scheme and they couldnt seat us altogether anywhere better, piss take.
BarkingJim

Post by BarkingJim »

I'll re-new, just like the past 30 odd years, through good and bad.
I loved Upton Park from boy to man, I agree the OS is far from perfect, I said right from the start we should have had a family seating strategy to create the right atmosphere, I think the front 15/20 rows in the upper tier all the way round the stadium would have been perfect.
Ultimately it comes down to I support West Ham United and nothing beats watching my team play on a Saturday afternoon (I know not often enough!)
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

I'd be a definite no if I had to spend the day with you every weekend.
HHCD

Post by HHCD »

[quote="danm7

I hope as well with more ST holders moving to where they want to be will help too.[/quote]

Of the 9 I sit with for 7 this will be a deciding factor.Looking at this poll they will have ample choice!
Benfleet Pete

Post by Benfleet Pete »

Been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember. I was always against the move but eventually saw the logic in the requirement to perhaps relocate at some point in the future.

I gave it a go (several times) at the beginning of the season. That was enough for me.

We have been taken for the mother of all rides purely for the financial gain of 3 individuals who only have any consideration for us (the supporters) when there is a threat to their financial income and profits.

The whole exercise has been incredibly clever and manipulative. The 'typical' West Ham supporter is now a hindrance to the new world order. In that respect, Karrren is probably worth every penny of her wages because she has done a proper job on us.

After my last game there I vowed never to let those people take any more of my hard earned money at that place. No more home games, no more vastly over-priced beer and merchandise, no more drama, aggravation and delays with the 'world class' travel links.

That said, I am a West Ham United supporter. Players, Managers and owners come and go but (despite the best efforts of the current regime) we just about remain as a club, mostly thanks to us .... the supporters.

Therefore it's away days only for me now.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Unsure,

Pretty much despise the new stadium/walk to the stadium.
Although Westfield is next door, we can't actually get into it on matchdays so there was more options in green street food/drink/newsagent wise.

I'll tolerate all the above if we stay in the premier league.
But relegation is the deciding factor for me, I feel we had the perfect opportunity to really move the team forward in the summer, but poor investment/recruitment has let us all down.

I'm sure a lot of the people on the supposed waiting list will reconsider buying season tickets for this same reason.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Renew

Been going for 30 years now and still get that buzz on game day. Yes it is different with good and bad but as we are having a poor season it makes the bad worse. I am not just on about winning games but the indifferent signings and injuries that have not helped but could of said that many times over the years....

Through thick and thin.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

There seems to be a lack of "yes" voters posting in this thread.

Would be good to hear from more of you, the poll says we're pretty much evenly split.
Brendan
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Brendan »

Sorry but what buttons do I press to vote, probably staring me in the face
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Brendan wrote:Sorry but what buttons do I press to vote, probably staring me in the face
See the top of any page in this thread, Brendan. Poll questions and submit button right there!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Doc H Ball wrote:It's got more 'teething problems' than Shane MacGowan and Ravel Morrison in Willy Wonker's chocolate factory.

:lol:
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

A kumb poll the midget will be marketing this soon.