The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by MD_HM »

LOS wrote:An interesting litmus test will be the partake of STH tickets for the FA cup game. Appreciate that historically cup games do attract a different demographic, but at UP most around me for were consistent ST's at cup games.
I don't think I'd missed a home cup game (providing I was in the country) in about 14 years until this season but they took the piss with the prices for Accrington and the second cup game in Europe where previously they just did a blanket £10, £15 or £20 across all bands.

It's not about affording it but then taking the piss

There has always been different priced bands but for early cup rounds they had always done blanket prices and pretty much sold out... this season they have priced according to bands which I think is a pisstake along with their £50 quid for a plastic seat with bird **** on it and £50 for a blade of grass.
MAC08
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Yes of course. I've seen worse times than this!
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

http://i.bullfax.com/imgs/ead6b74ecee33 ... d93718.jpg
Seems we are definitely Stages 3 & 4.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

After being forced out of the stand I had chosen to sit in for no reason at all (one of the 114 crew) I will not be renewing and it hurts to say that after having a season ticket for 11 years. I paid to be next to the away fans, not forced to the other side of the stadium next to a load of freebie / day trippers and harrased by stewards / snatch squads. The club destroyed the only atmosphere the ground had and for what, nothing!
It's a shell of what the Boleyn was. Where is that thread about creating an AFC West Ham gone :(
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

At this moment in time I'm unsure, but leaning towards No.
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

I wonder what the poll would say if were say, in 6th spot. Actually i know - Much more people would say they would renew
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

one mcavennie wrote:I wonder what the poll would say if were say, in 6th spot. Actually i know - Much more people would say they would renew
But many of the reasons we're not in 6th spot are why supporters don't want to renew.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

one mcavennie wrote:I wonder what the poll would say if were say, in 6th spot. Actually i know - Much more people would say they would renew

Some of us wanted to have a Poll much sooner so the position in the table couldn't be used as any kind of excuse. But I keep coming back to a lot of the same problems exist now as they did at the beginning the season and threads reflect that on here.

This isn't people kicking up a stink simply because we're down the bottom, it's been consistent all along.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Colours never run wrote:This isn't people kicking up a stink simply because we're down the bottom, it's been consistent all along.
This does happen every time we run a poll, though - ie those who share the minority view finding a reason why the result should be invalid.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I just wonder if the results might be significantly different in say february if our results pick up?
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

By any standards this is not a scientific poll of fan opinion. It may be a poll of KUMB users but that is the size of it. Nothing wrong with that.
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

kitthehammer wrote:I just wonder if the results might be significantly different in say february if our results pick up?
Indeed. We've sold our soul for success.

I believe if we'd pushed on or maintained the form of last season the stadium would be immaterial .

Unfortunately, we've been sold a pup.

We held our end of the devil's bargain but others didn't.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Here's hoping that even this paltry renew percentage is an over estimation in the only 'poll' that matters - season ticket renewal time next summer :thup:
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Odessa wrote: Indeed. We've sold our soul for success.

I believe if we'd pushed on or maintained the form of last season the stadium would be immaterial .

Unfortunately, we've been sold a pup.

We held our end of the devil's bargain but others didn't.
This sums it up pretty well... had they have spent the money and we had pushed on then I'd be renewing so it is linked to success BUT due to the fact that was their promise for us moving not as we are not winning.

Had we of stayed at the Boleyn and we were playing like this I'd be renewing just as I have every other year
yeoman

Post by yeoman »

NO.

with a heavy heart this will be my last year as a West Ham season ticket holder after 25 years. I simply cannot get over the mess that is that ground.

Brady & Co never forgiven.

:crest:
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Reading the Standard last night brought home how terrible this move actually is.

They were talking about the fact that they are looking at The London Stadium to host matches at the Cricket World Cup in 2019.

I thought that will be good seeing some top-flight cricket in OUR Stadium.

I re-read the article in more detail with all the parties commenting and I then realised West Ham were not mentioned or quoted once in the entire article.

It hit me that this really isn't our home we are just tenants who negotiated a good deal for a prime piece of accommodation.

Seeing the wreckage of the Boleyn just makes me more angry the more I think about it.

I will still say that I entirely see the logic of what we have done, but I can't see past the fact now we have sold our soul for a cheap deal to cut costs,

I don't expect these clowns to see the errors of their ways and put it right. We are stuck with a dud as it stands
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

That cricket isn’t played at any other English football ground tells something about the Olympic Stadium.
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

brownout wrote:That cricket isn’t played at any other English football ground tells something about the Olympic Stadium.
Very good point. I imagine the boundary square of the wicket at Upton Park would've been on the small side!
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

we were promised Rome, we got Milton ****ing Keynes

Its nothing to do with the league position. Its the broken promises, the lies, all to get people to part with hard earned money. Money that just lining the pockets of these thieves

As others have already said, we'd have been better off staying back at the Boleyn if we weren't going to improve the playing squad
Benjeman

Post by Benjeman »

If we Sign Fellaini then I will get a Southend United Season Ticket for sure.