The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

At this point in time, do you intend to renew your season ticket/s at the OS/LS next season?

Yes
35%
No
36%
Unsure
29%

Total votes: 548

hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Re: The Olympic/London Stadium: Poll #1

Post by hamagram »

Waiting for the Brady spin on the 87 "yes" votes
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll #1

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

LOS wrote:Marked as 'unsure' because the thought of giving up on attending West Ham games pains me. At the same time though renewing for that fraud of a shitty stadium pains me.

My kids enjoy going, and we have really good seats. My worry is that if i did give up and ever wanted to return would I get those decent seats again.

...............But, just to be clear, I absolutely detest the place with every bone in my body. They have me by the short and curlies.
First reply and it sums up my feelings, except my son is less likely to renew than I am. I am growing to dislike the ground but I'm not sure I can give up seeing West Ham.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

Unsure.

If I can't change seat then deffo a no.

Like many who go home and away I think away's are the future for me now.
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

Unsure, going to West Ham has always been a big part of my life and is my only real hobby. However I am not enjoying travelling to and from Stratford when my train isn't running (which has been all season), I hate the stadium and I haven't found a seat even close to my Boleyn Ground seat. It's become a chore.

It doesn't matter what the team is doing on the pitch, as we all know going to West Ham isn't about watching good football.
TheOrgazoid
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TheOrgazoid »

Yes.

Despite despising he stadium, thinking the board are avaricious charlatans employing a tight lipped tory tart and finding the match day experience infinitely less enjoyable.
Chard

Post by Chard »

No.

In fact I might even try to sell my season ticket for the rest of THIS season.

It's just not West Ham anymore. :cry:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

"NO" is romping ahead after last nights defeat!? :?
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Mick-the-Miller wrote: I don't like the walk to and from the Station, getting pushed from pillar to post is insulting and disrespectful - treating the punters like criminals
Out of everything, this is what bothered me the most. A long fenced off walkway with stop/go signs near the station, feels like I'm on route to a concentration camp :x

Hated every second of it!
bennc7
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bennc7 »

I will renew as I can not imagine ever not going to watch West Ham, but I am struggling to adapt to the new stadium, which just does not feel like home. Deeply missing Upton Park, but will stick with it and although I don't think it will ever give me the same goosebumps going to Upton Park did every week, I just hope somewhere down the line we will get close to that feeling somehow.
bongo
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by bongo »

Unsure.

Dislike the stadium despite have a good view (Block 132), hate what the Chuckle Brothers and Brady are doing to the club with the relentless spin and lies (50,000 waiting list :lol: ).

Will probably renew even if relegated because of the day out with my brother and mates.

West Ham is a curse!
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

JAL76 wrote:NO - The club has been changed beyond recognition and we have lost all connection.
This :thup:
The whole matchday 'experience' is *****, I hate Stratford and the walk from the station, the prices, the queing for overpriced crap, wanky stewards, do this do that, f*** the lot of it, unlike some, I can do what I want on a Saturday, and I am going to
whizzer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by whizzer »

No
For similar reasons that I didn't renew during the Bond debacle and the fans won that one in the end.
The 3 stooges are taking the absolute p*ss out of us and they need a bloody nose.
The pain of not having a season ticket for one or two seasons would be worth it to make the point, if after that things change I will go back, if not they can poke it.
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

The results of this can easily be brushed under the carpet with stadium teething problems and our poor performances, those admittedly like myself not renewing due to the owners is the key message that needs to be reported.

The stadium I can live with, but the lies, spin and treatment of the fans from those at the top is a step too far.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Voted unsure but teetering on no. Will be the first time since I finished Uni.

It's really difficult to say whether it would be different if performances had been better - practically impossible imo. All I know is that I am dreading saturday already - and it shouldn't be like that.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Where's the told you so option ? :wink:

The difference for me now between away games and home matches is stark .The move to Stratford has caused the Bubbles to fade, and they're pretty close to dying .
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Not necessarily an option for me to vote on here...

I held a season ticket for the last 10 years, and for the 10 years before that averaged about 20 home and aways since I was about 5.

This summer I didn't renew, had no interest in lining the boards pockets and justifying their move and gentrification of West Ham UNITED (as it was).

I've not missed it one bit, and plenty of mates have followed suit and started picking and choosing games as they generally hate the day out over there

What speaks volumes for me is that we've got a massive game against Arsenal at the weekend, yet I know scores of bods who will be at the Rome Derby instead. Unthinkable a few years ago that...

So yeah to sum it up, I won't be getting myself a season ticket next year...
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

rciron wrote: This :thup:
The whole matchday 'experience' is *****, I hate Stratford and the walk from the station, the prices, the queing for overpriced crap, wanky stewards, do this do that, **** the lot of it, unlike some, I can do what I want on a Saturday, and I am going to
Its the matchday experience rather than the stadium. It shouldn't be an ordeal going to football but here's 16 of us of which half are kids, we're not welcome anywhere near the stadium and the sheer misery of getting to and from the "best transport links in London" is grinding us down.

One of our lads has severe trouble walking and he's had shocking experiences with the club and the disabled buses. He's heartbroken, his two teenage daughters have been coming as long as they've able to walk but its just so bloody miserable nowadays they've lost interest.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote:
The difference for me now between away games and home matches is stark .
Was saying the same thing last night with my good friend of this parish WestHamByTheSea.

Away games feel like West Ham. The home games really don't. I feel like I'm watching another team.
Overchuffed
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Overchuffed »

i will be trying to move my seats for next season - but it's in my blood. I can't imagine not being able to take my kids like my dad took me - I've been going since 1991 so have seen a lot worse than what we are witnessing now, and will most probably see a lot worse than this again in the future.

The "settling in" period was always going to take a while - and results haven't helped that fact..but i'm sure it will all come good eventually.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Don't have to think twice about renewing. Had a ST for nearly 30 years and paid on the gate before that.

West Ham isn't just about supporting 11 footballers for 90mins, that's often the worst part of the day out. It's everything that comes with it, mates, beers, travelling etc etc. Having a ticket is just part of the package.

There's many who will understand that, and many that won't.