Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Colours never run »

brooking1966 wrote:Jack Colback seems available good price homegrown utility RB/DM backup

The **** you'd constantly give me over how poor Noble is, yet you now advocate bringing in Colback who's no better than him! :lol:

The Geordies are welcome to him.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

nonono every Newcastle fan says Jack Colback is utter dog ****
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

They're not the only ones.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Fishdo wrote:Sporting Lisbons manager Jesus has said today that the club are yet to receive any offer from any club.,.

Asked about Carvalho's future, the Sporting Lisbon coach told Portuguese sports daily A Bola: "When someone wants something, they come forward.

"So far no one has come forward, so I am counting on all the Sporting players."

Guess he's out of the loop??
I saw that quote too, but it didn't say when he was interviewed, could be an old quote?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Heysel76 wrote: "Fishdo" Sporting Lisbons manager Jesus has said today that the club are yet to receive any offer from any club.,.

Asked about Carvalho's future, the Sporting Lisbon coach told Portuguese sports daily A Bola: "When someone wants something, they come forward.

"So far no one has come forward, so I am counting on all the Sporting players."

Guess he's out of the loop??'

I saw that quote too, but it didn't say when he was interviewed, could be an old quote?
Equally that is a pretty standard quote from Managers (even owners) generally (whether they know the facts or not). How many times have we heard that when later we hear that offers were going in prior to that. Even Liverpool were denying that they had received offers for Coutinho when soon after reports were saying that a second offer had gone in. Once you start acknowledging the offers the whole process takes on an inevitable momentum and no manager wants to be part of that especially if things fall through so keep people guessing and events deniable.

Oh and Bids and acceptable Bids are often interchangeable it seems where needed.
Last edited by e-20 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Fishdo wrote:Sporting Lisbons manager Jesus has said today that the club are yet to receive any offer from any club.,.
Thats the Portuguese equivalent of Clippety saying Coutinho is not for sale.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

and guess they could have been discussing fee for days but a good way for him to get around it if West Ham haven't put in an official offer yet
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

Some more quotes from the manager regarding him not being in the squad

"We are all curious about William, he is a very popular player, very coveted.”

“It was to protect William, Sporting, everything,” Jesus said about Carvalho’s absence.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/trans ... m-medical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Abola are saying it was yesterday at prematch that the manager made those comments but what I find odd is the use of the phrase 'the manager indicated...'

They could just be playing on words to suggest something that suits the narrative...

But like you guys say it's probably just the generic response ....

He does say he is still part of team until different... but another report yesterday said he was out of the team for the next match...
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Richard WHUFC wrote:and guess they could have been discussing fee for days but a good way for him to get around it if West Ham haven't put in an official offer yet
That could be a very good call a bid would be seen as a formal process (if you want it to) whereas as you say they could be discussing the level of such a formal bid before making it. This sort of thing can be so convoluted its difficult to get a handle on things but then that can suit both parties to obscure matters until its all agreed. It certainly can only help not to upset the seller as we have found before.
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Couple of assists for Jota today.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

The Paulinho to Barcelona transfer for 36m is I think my favourite transfer of all time.

It's insane, when Spurs sold him to China for 9m, a 8m loss on what we paid every single Spurs fan thought we'd done well to get that.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Modern wrote:The Paulinho to Barcelona transfer for 36m is I think my favourite transfer of all time.

It's insane, when Spurs sold him to China for 9m, a 8m loss on what we paid every single Spurs fan thought we'd done well to get that.
That's mad.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Modern wrote:The Paulinho to Barcelona transfer for 36m is I think my favourite transfer of all time.

He looked terrific the first time I saw him play for Brazil against England and think he scored in that match too IIRC, but he never replicated that form in the Premier League. Maybe, he was just not suited to the gusto of the game here, or didn't quite into Spurs's system
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Or it could just be good old fashioned money laundering :arry:
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Real air of sign-a-South-American-any-South-American around the Nou Camp at the moment.

Coincidentally I've heard Little Dave Sullivan is now odds-on to become their next President.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Looks like Tony martial is up for grabs.That would be proper next level.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

bubbles500 wrote:Looks like Tony martial is up for grabs.That would be proper next level.
Man Utd have rejected a Spurs bid for Martial apparently.
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

hammersi01 wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:scarfer: bang average!