Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017 Targets

Post by YorksHammer »

sutts07 wrote:Vrsaljko should be on Bilic's radar and list. Seems almost too obvious.
This is the one I want. A superstar right back signing but could also play left back. Only thing is he now seems to be featuring in Atletico's first team a bit more, and I'm not sure if that's due to injuries or somethign else. I said we should try for him last summer.

If we could sign Vrsaljko I'd sell Cresswell - he's been off the boil since his injury and I wonder how he's going to be long-term. If Liverpool came along and offered for him, I'd let him go (at a sensible price, of course). Then move for Charlie Taylor on a free to back up Masuaku as first choice, but know that we can move Vrsaljko over if we have to and play Byram at RB.

There's not actually much I would like to do with the squad, overall - that'll sound funny, but I think we're alright. It's a case of finding high quality players for the starting eleven - only 2/3 - and restricting that to be our only business other than maybe a promising youngster or two.

GK, RB, and DM. I'd say a striker, but I can't help but feel we'll be in the same boat as last time. If we can get more solid at the back, I'd prefer that to being stronger at the front (where we have a wealth of talent in our wide and central positions).

Anyway, going to let this one sit until the window actually opens now!
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Andrew Robertson an attacking LB who can also defend.
Everything I've heard of Batshuayi this season has been negative, so I'm surprised some want to spend a fortune on him.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

Ok, one other thing - three freebies for the summer:

Rachid Gezzal
Alejandro Pozuelo
Maxime López

I'd say Sead Kolasinac as well, but he's clearly destined for Chelsea or Juve.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

YorksHammer wrote:Ok, one other thing - three freebies for the summer:

Rachid Gezzal
Alejandro Pozuelo
Maxime López

I'd say Sead Kolasinac as well, but he's clearly destined for Chelsea or Juve.
Serious question - what's the difference between this bunch of Carlos Kickaballs and the bunch of Carlos Kickaballs we brought in last summer?

This time last year (and in the summer) these threads were full of people saying how fabulous Zaza, Tore, Feghouli, Calleri etc were. It was the same when Zola was here and we were told Kovac, Ilunga, Diamanti, Jimenez were all fabuolus players.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Serious question - what's the difference between this bunch of Carlos Kickaballs and the bunch of Carlos Kickaballs we brought in last summer?

This time last year (and in the summer) these threads were full of people saying how fabulous Zaza, Tore, Feghouli, Calleri etc were. It was the same when Zola was here and we were told Kovac, Ilunga, Diamanti, Jimenez were all fabuolus players.
Honestly - absolutely nothing. But they're three players I can see us going in for.

We've been linked with Ghezzal for two windows and allegedly bid for him last summer. 15/16 he had 10 goals and 9 assists from the wings, this season he's got 2 and 5. He's got Champions League experience with Lyon. In short, he's exactly a match for the sort of player the board love to sign - CL experience, comes from a 'big' team in their league (Lyon), and free.

Pozuelo is from Genk in Belgium although he's Spanish. 15/16 he got 4 goals and 9 assists from CM/AM, this season he's got 5 and 15. He's got Europe League experience with Genk this season - so again, European experience and free. Not so much a big team, but he's got good stats in his league. One thing that is in his favour is that he has a season in the PL with Swansea to his name, including Europa football - 2 goals and 6 assists.

Maxime Lopez is a bit of a outside thought, for me, but he's only 19 and comes from Marseille. I can see the board absolutely loving playing billy big balls about stealing a 'young European prospect' from Marseille on a free given the whole Payet affair. Another CM/AM, he's got 1 goal and 6 assists this season for Marseille, and started every game for the last three months. He's 'the new Nasri' and has been scouted by Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United etc. If we could get him we a) get to look like we've bent Marseille over in a bit of revenge, and b) can lord it about securing a hot prospect under the nose of all these big teams.
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

griezmann, hart, modric and kyle walker is what we'll be told in June.
Come first game of the season we'll be watching the same **** we currently are, plus an overpriced championship striker who'll score 2 goals by xmas and a right back from one of the relegated teams.
its next level stuff!!!!
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

YorksHammer wrote:This is the one I want. A superstar right back signing but could also play left back. Only thing is he now seems to be featuring in Atletico's first team a bit more, and I'm not sure if that's due to injuries or somethign else. I said we should try for him last summer.

If we could sign Vrsaljko I'd sell Cresswell - he's been off the boil since his injury and I wonder how he's going to be long-term. If Liverpool came along and offered for him, I'd let him go (at a sensible price, of course). Then move for Charlie Taylor on a free to back up Masuaku as first choice, but know that we can move Vrsaljko over if we have to and play Byram at RB.

There's not actually much I would like to do with the squad, overall - that'll sound funny, but I think we're alright. It's a case of finding high quality players for the starting eleven - only 2/3 - and restricting that to be our only business other than maybe a promising youngster or two.

GK, RB, and DM. I'd say a striker, but I can't help but feel we'll be in the same boat as last time. If we can get more solid at the back, I'd prefer that to being stronger at the front (where we have a wealth of talent in our wide and central positions).
I love this post. Sensible, rational thinking. :thup:

Carroll's fitness does worry me though. We should go again for a top striker to challenge/compliment. Accepting that Lukaku and Giroud are out of our reach, I'd love Batshuayi.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Mr_incredible wrote:Come first game of the season we'll be watching the same **** we currently are
#GreatSupport
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Pele, Maradona and Jimmy Greaves.............Well the chuckle brothers started it :lol:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

The only league I see much of other than here is Ligue 1.

Personally I don't think Ghezzal has anything than Feghouli doesn't.

Pereira at Nice is someone who I think would do well with us for RB if we're avoiding the pie in the sky candidates. Has a good balance between attacking and the increasingly rare ability for a fullback to tackle. Nice are heading for the CL which might complicate matters though.

Lyon on the other hand look likely to miss out this season. Forgetting the obvious candidate we'd be interested in, there's also Gonalons if we've finally decided to join the real world and play an actual defensive midfielder. The wrinkle there is he's their captain - Aulas is not exactly going to make it easy if anyone wants him.

Javier Hernandez has to be at least theoretically gettable for the third vacant spot at striker. Nearing 30 and going off the boil slightly. Not the type of worker who appeals to the new breed of manager either - Klopp and Guardiola I would think would struggle to accommodate him if they want pressing from the front, so it could clear the field somewhat in England if he moves.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

Aceface wrote:Pereira at Nice is someone who I think would do well with us for RB if we're avoiding the pie in the sky candidates. Has a good balance between attacking and the increasingly rare ability for a fullback to tackle. Nice are heading for the CL which might complicate matters though.
I think Pereira is on a two year loan at Nice from Porto and they have an option to buy, so I would imagine they'll sign him up, sadly.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Nice have him tied up after the loan?

What a bunch of killjoy f*cks
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Iheanacho?

When City signed Jesus he probably thought "Jesus Christ!"...

Vardy?

Sigurdsson or Defour would be great. As would an RB.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Blow all our money on Trippier and a top striker.

Integrate Cullen, Burke, and Oxford into the squad
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i'd rather keep adrian than spend 15 million on an average keeper.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Would be great to think these guys will finally buy some real quality next time around. I guess we can all live in hope
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Adrian will no doubt leave on a free this summer as his contract expires so if we don't get Joe Hart then I'd like to see us go for FC Koln's Timo Horn, whilst we're there we could try and raid them for Modeste as well.
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

Wellbeck
Trippier
Zac Clough
Traora (Middlesborough)
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

The Sun reporting we're gonna bid up to £15M for Joe Hart in the summer.
The Mirror reporting the Russian doll and his henchmen are lining up Mancini should results not improve.

Anyone still not believe DS has been readying his hands on Slaven's shoulder blades the last few weeks with what he's been spouting, getting ready to shove him under that bus?

Mancini connection to oil the move for Hart? So when David Gold mentions the other day that there'll be one marquee player in the summer......it's likely to just be a Goalkeeper?...so we can probably forget the likes of Trippier and Sigurdsson then....or any other decent outfield player for that matter.

In Sully's case...it literally is short arms and long cossack pockets.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ trippier wouldn't be a "marquee signing", come on!

mancini will never come here, thank f***, and i can't see the daves spending anymore than a couple of million on a keeper.