Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by WCpete »

Jinxed wrote:Ginge is hopefully staying

You need him round the dressing room West Ham through and through

Hear, hear! I hope he retires a Hammer.
erifles

Post by erifles »

What does everyone think of Lucas Perez? Arsenal want more than £12m.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

erifles wrote:What does everyone think of Lucas Perez? Arsenal want more than £12m.
I'd love Perez as an alternative to Gray.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

erifles wrote:What does everyone think of Lucas Perez? Arsenal want more than £12m.
He's nearly 29 and only scored one goal in the Premier League last season. Got a few more in their easy European games and one on TV against the non-leaguers in the FA Cup which was a lucky cross-shot.

Flopped at Dynamo Kiev too, was never good enough for Arsenal and was just a panic buy.

No thanks.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

hammer1975 wrote:Keita has tended to play wide left for Senegal - not seen him play for Lazio, presume he plays more central based on his stats on whoscored. Expect a few other teams would be interested given his age.

Cheers Jinxed :thup:
Keita plays on the left usually with Immobile through the middle so I'd think he's more of an alternative to Arnautovic. However the Italian media have constantly linked him with Juve and Inter all summer but apparently there's some sort of spat between his agent and Inter's Spaletti.
what the dickens

Post by what the dickens »

hart is still not signed yet ?!
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Sorry but if you think we have any chance of getting Keita you're living in a total fantasy.Hes linked with the elite clubs in Europe we have no chance.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Actually thought you were talkin about Leipzig keita :lol:
Anyway think it's pretty much same story with lazio one.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

No injuries during the game today but I wondered why Kouyate was absent.

The boss also revealed that Senegalese midfielder Cheikou Kouyate picked up a knee injury in training last week which is still being assessed but, overall, the trip is going completely to plan.

“The only one problem we’ve had is with Cheikhou, who injured his knee in a very strange and awkward way during training, but apart from that I’m happy with everything,” said Slaven.
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

NeverSayDie wrote: “The only one problem we’ve had is with Cheikhou, who injured his knee in a very strange and awkward way during training, but apart from that I’m happy with everything,” said Slaven.
The same "strange and awkward" knee injury that Arnautovic had?
I smell a rat.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

The same "strange and awkward" knee injury that Arnautovic had?

Probably did it hangin from the roof,with that ridiculous Elasticed pull they set up.
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

YorksHammer wrote:Assombalonga signs for Middlesbrough. Please think of me at this difficult time.
Yorks, are you vegan?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

bubbles500 wrote:The same "strange and awkward" knee injury that Arnautovic had?

Probably did it hangin from the roof,with that ridiculous Elasticed pull they set up.
Steven Gerrard, Steph Curry, Drew Brees, Lindsey Vonn, Pau Gasol

2 minutes searching and you'll see all 5 of those world class athletes using those TRX bands.. Stop making posts about things you've no idea on.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Resistance Bands (like TRX) have been a crucial part of the training regimen for pro athletes for 20 years. I don't know how this could be considered out of the ordinary in any way at this point.
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:Resistance Bands (like TRX) have been a crucial part of the training regimen for pro athletes for 20 years. I don't know how this could be considered out of the ordinary in any way at this point.
Don't bite. Best way is to ignore it.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

spod wrote:
Yorks, are you vegan?
I am...
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Sorry but if you think we have any chance of getting Keita you're living in a total fantasy.Hes linked with the elite clubs in Europe we have no chance.
Wasn't we actually linked to James and griezmann last year, or did I dream that up...
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Cheers for the info jinxy good news if we get them over the line, fair play to diddy dave if he pulls this off
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

[quote="BonzosBoots"][quote="Bury Me @ The Boleyn"]Resistance Bands (like TRX) have been a crucial part of the training regimen for pro athletes for 20 years. I don't know how this could be considered out of the ordinary in any way at this point.

Don't bite. Best way is to ignore it.

The TRX System, also known as Total Resistance eXercise, refers to a specialized form of suspension training that utilizes equipment developed by former U.S. Navy SEAL, Randy Hetrick.[1] TRX is a form of suspension training that uses body weight exercises to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. It requires the use of the TRX Suspension Trainer, a performance training tool that leverages gravity and the user’s body weight to complete the exercises.[1] TRX's designers claim that it draws on research from the military, pro sports, and academic institutions along with experience gathered from the TRX team, who work "with thousands of athletes, coaches, trainers, first responders, subject matter experts, professors, and service members in all branches."[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRX_System" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd slightly differentiate suspended movement training and resistance bands, but yeah, I'd be using both to train the squad with.

Also a picture of joe hart benching 160kg on his IG account, although he's actually just laying under the bar in the photo.
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

I've never seen him play once.